anothergol

[MOC] Another AT-ST version 4.5

The more I look at my Battle of Endor AT-ST the more it feels lacking when compared to your awesome one!

Truly gorgeous work. Very nice! Got instructions and piece count?

Well the LXF is on page 1, you will need the Lego Digital Designer.

This is by far my favorite AT-ST moc ! And I have seen a lot of them xD

I did log into lego ideas just to support your project, great work !

And many thanks for sharing the lxf file !

The ones from Lego's own AT-ST, 4150px19

They're not important - in version 1 I had used grill-printed ones.

Edited by anothergol

Still trying to improve this, I had a design ready for when the new 2x2 wedges would be available in LBG. I was hoping for them to appear in one of the next sets, but sadly it's yet to be seen. And with Lego it could take a year like it could take 10. It's cool that they're available in DBG, though.

So I tried to improve the sides to reflect the bottom-right "lip" of the original, and I think it works well enough. I can't decide between these 2, though. I like the one on the right, but the one on the left has the lip bleeding out a little more, like in the "real" one. The lip's angle is certainly wrong, but it has to align with a wedge plate.

AT-ST_21.jpg

I also redesigned the bottom of the legs (again), and added some cables (black whips). I'll probably make a Rebrickable entry for version 2 soon.

Edited by anothergol

Simply stunning! Also 2x2 wedge plates are going to make an appearance in LBG very soon as they will appear in the Rebel frigate that is coming out in a month or two.

Also 2x2 wedge plates are going to make an appearance in LBG very soon as they will appear in the Rebel frigate that is coming out in a month or two.

I'm afraid not :(

It's me who thought to have recognized it in the other thread, but it's actually (most likely) a large 32059 part there.

The latest X-wing could have featured them in LBG, but they're sand blue..

Good morning,

started with the building process, some essential parts are missing, i should get them this week but the shape is recognizable.

From my experience as Lego builder - you did a awesome job this is an absolute artwork, the way you aligned the parts

is far beyond the normal. The build was challenging based on the with the LDD instructions and took very long compared to

the part amount.

Congrats and deep respect!

cimg2542kos5u.jpg

Thanks

Did you make the LDD generate instructions? I did bundle html instructions with the v1 on Rebrickable, but I don't plan for this one because they were pretty bad.

Normally the most challenging is to make it stand up - you're not there yet :)

The green parts inside the abdomen btw, they're a (2x3) bracket. The part didn't exist yet in the LDD when I saved the project. I'm not sure it's necessary, though.

Latest LXF here, it includes all parts excepts 2 black whips (& the 4mm tube which you already got right)

http://www.fiastarta.com/Lego/AT-ST/AT-ST_2_1.lxf

Sides are more fragile here, I couldn't find a better way to adapt them to the bottom lips.

Edited by anothergol

Used both html and LDD instructions, as there where sometime a part invisible. But no big problem after all.

If i remember right the 2x3 Bracket has no "real" function but it would be efficient to reduce part count.

Even if i cannot make it stand - it is planned as a part of my hoth moc attack force, so don´t be surprised over a "fallen" AT-ST.

I currently think about building a 2nd one, price with shipping costs was around ~90€ due to orders in 3 different shops.

Used both html and LDD instructions, as there where sometime a part invisible. But no big problem after all.

yeah for some reason the html produced by the LDD has very weird angles & things are too small - it doesn't look like in the LDD itself.

If i remember right the 2x3 Bracket has no "real" function but it would be efficient to reduce part count.

normally it has the function of securing it more, I thought it was necessary because of the weight on that piece. But maybe it's ok without it. It's a common part these days, though.

Even if i cannot make it stand - it is planned as a part of my hoth moc attack force, so don´t be surprised over a "fallen" AT-ST.

I currently think about building a 2nd one, price with shipping costs was around ~90€ due to orders in 3 different shops.

So you got all the parts in just 3 shops? Generally it's "95% parts in 2 shops, 5 more shops for the 5% rare parts".

Would be cool fallen down - even though it hasn't been designed to be seen from underneath.

Now on Rebrickable:

http://rebrickable.com/mocs/gol/articulated-star-wars-at-st-v21

(make sure to read the description, as 4 parts aren't in Rebrickable's inventory)

4 parts have become rare (50948, 12885 in LBG), 1 is semi-rare (44674, but there's plenty of printed ones that can be cleaned), another semi-rare (2817) can be color-swapped to LBG.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskABgBV4

27021878902_dfb3717111_o_d.png

27021876152_d608a0ba6f_z_d.jpg

27021878122_0e9590cc70_z_d.jpg

Got the last parts for the AT-ST today, there are 2 color alternates - the LBG paint roller would have sum up to 7€ so i used the black one and

i have substituted the barely visible 2817 to black which fits imho better to the black paintroller.

It´s a bit tricky to get it stand stable in the first moment :)

Looks beautiful, so much details. Great!

Big thank to you!

cimg25529ijoa.jpg

cimg2553axj9v.jpg

anothergol, you've added some great finishing touches. I'm actually reluctant to modify my model because I was able to pose it just perfectly and don't want to mess with it, but probably will anyway. Can I just ask is the hose in the back of the head Hose, Flexible Ribbed with 8mm Ends? Does it connect anywhere, or did you just cut it and bend it in place?

Thank you for updating the instructions!

anothergol, you've added some great finishing touches. I'm actually reluctant to modify my model because I was able to pose it just perfectly and don't want to mess with it, but probably will anyway. Can I just ask is the hose in the back of the head Hose, Flexible Ribbed with 8mm Ends? Does it connect anywhere, or did you just cut it and bend it in place?

Thank you for updating the instructions!

Thanks, actually I'm already modifying it again, found a way to make the front plate a bit flatter.

The hose isn't new, it has been there in all versions. In the Rebrickable instructions, you will see how it's attached in AT-ST_2.1_Parts.lxf (a clip actually attached to the black hose). It's not in the assembled version because it was too tricky to fit in the LDD. This same lxf also shows the proper parts on the sides of the back plate, those too wouldn't fit in the LDD.

Also, even though it's way more fragile than a proper Lego set, I haven't done anything that Lego wouldn't do, so I didn't cut parts except the 4mm tubes (as they haven't always come pre-cut).

Thank you for the heads up. I'll postpone bricklinking the parts I need.

I don't know how I've missed the hose, but it does look great. The fact that you haven't used any illegal connections made me like the model even more when you first posted it.

@anothergol; much respect for the MOC and that you have shared the files! I just spent a large part of today bricklinking the pieces. 50948 in LBG is now rare as hen's teeth on bricklink. I managed to snag the last two from two different sellers in my country. Although I had to beef up the orders to meet their min. spend requirements. I essentially paid $25 AUD (minus shipping) just to get two parts...the things we do. I substituted the LBG paint rollers for black due to cost. Also, the printed round tiles with the SW pattern do not show up on rebrickable so you may want to add that to the list of 'extra pieces'. I can't wait to build it! I will be sure to share pics when I do and will pose it next to my UCS version for comparison.

Also, the printed round tiles with the SW pattern do not show up on rebrickable so you may want to add that to the list of 'extra pieces'.

Ah, I forgot to check if those were in RB's listing. Will do. The "grille" pattern is still ok (& much cheaper), though. Also, if Lego makes another AT-ST this year, most likely we'll get those printed parts again.

Hello Markalus, anothergol,

i faced the same problem, bought 3 but also need to fill the order - that was no problem as i need much parts for hoth moc.

there is a similar part a wedge with cutout, which is much more common, Part: 47755

http://www.bricklink...7755&colorID=86

regards mc

Good idea. I suggest one of these:

BackAlt.jpg

BackAlt2.jpg

Or this, and you could try to run a cable (black whip, 4mm tube, whatever) in-between the 2 units & connect it somewhere

BackAlt3.jpg

And yeah, only 3 LBG 50948's are available on BL now (not counting that megablocks(<-yeah that's censorship :) in Portugal). I guess I'm partly responsible for that now :)

I own 6 of them, I guess it wasn't that rare before.

Edited by anothergol