anothergol

[MOC] Another AT-ST version 4.5

I am currently building your V2.1, already looks amazing in spite of not being completed yet ^^ Hope I'll be able to pose it :-)

I build this as well. It takes some time to get the pose right but looks amazing once it’s posed. I had it up on a shelf for a month or two before I knocked it over I then built the stand. Really the stand doesn’t help a ton and it’s one more thing to mess with. If it is going on a sturdy place with very few bumps it should be fine. 

Btw I'll probably have the next version ready sooner than I expected, as the new 2x2 triangle tile already exists in LBG. I've already updated the rest of the model with this year's new parts.

Funny, I just finished the head of your 2.1 version and just bricklinked the few pieces I was missing for the hips and legs :)
The new version looks great, although I was really a fan of the old cockpit and the use of Paint roller brushs, the new one looks amazing but maybe a bit less fun.

Is it possible to build the new front panel without modifying the entire head ?

Edited by AfolFree

That's a spectacular build – my hat's off to you! :) Will be building it in the near future for sure, thanks for providing the LXF. For what it's worth I think you could easily be asking for more. :)

26 minutes ago, AfolFree said:

Is it possible to build the new front panel without modifying the entire head ?

I'm afraid not, things have to fit quite precisely around there.

There are things you can mix&match, like feet/legs/body/head, also the back plate of the head. Other than that, no.

Edited by anothergol

The new version looks amazingly clean and I’m loving the new cockpit. After I built your 2.1 version I was starting to collect up parts to do a second one. But now I’m gonna have to do the latest update and update the first one after. Thanks for keeping making this better. And your asking price for the new version is more than fair. 

Edit:

already ordered the lxf file so I can upgrade. 

Edited by stormtroopercaptain
Added comment

5 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

How did you do the neck? It looks spot on

I have to credit Brickdoctor for the use of an inside-out tire there, even though ideally it should be 2 bulges instead of one in the middle, but I don't think there's any tire of the right format for that.

It looks absolutely fantastic! I must update my v1 of yours, normally I don't like paying for instructions but I feel there shall be an exception here...

How much more stable is it compared to the v1?

10 hours ago, Calanon said:

It looks absolutely fantastic! I must update my v1 of yours, normally I don't like paying for instructions but I feel there shall be an exception here...

How much more stable is it compared to the v1?

Thanks

Probably less stable..
While the knees now use the full 3 pins instead of 2, without looking too bad, it's still a lot of weight in the head. There is a display stand and of course you're also free to remove a lot of the inside if you don't need it.
The pose up there is also less stable than a straight one, if you wanna know, because slightly unbalanced laterally as well.

1 hour ago, anothergol said:

Thanks

Probably less stable..
While the knees now use the full 3 pins instead of 2, without looking too bad, it's still a lot of weight in the head. There is a display stand and of course you're also free to remove a lot of the inside if you don't need it.
The pose up there is also less stable than a straight one, if you wanna know, because slightly unbalanced laterally as well.

Ah right, I will probably need to build a display stand then - my v1 randomly fell over when nobody was in the room!

3 hours ago, Calanon said:

Ah right, I will probably need to build a display stand then - my v1 randomly fell over when nobody was in the room!

you can of course also glue the feet's joints, not something I'd do myself, but well, Lego itself does

I haven yet put the newest version together but in an aggressive crouch position my 2.0 has been very stable. I had original built the stand but found it just another thing to have to mess with when posing. 

I am currently in the process of building v2.5. Scrolling through photos of previous versions I see that some have a mounted gun at the top. Would you mind telling me what piece you used to attach it to the railing? I can't seem to figure it out while waiting for parts to arrive. :wink:

On 7/13/2018 at 2:19 AM, Frike said:

I am currently in the process of building v2.5. Scrolling through photos of previous versions I see that some have a mounted gun at the top. Would you mind telling me what piece you used to attach it to the railing? I can't seem to figure it out while waiting for parts to arrive. :wink:

Hi, I saw/replied to your question on Flickr, but whoever else wanna build the mounted gun, the parts were normally:

a 60849 "gun", a minifig hand, a 23443, a 15210 sign (the long-clip version), a 48729 bar+clip, and a 41677 to attach both bar+clip & gun. But Perhaps nowadays there are better ways to do this. Like the 1x2 rounded plate which has more clutch power than the 41677, and has just popped up in DBG. Or more simply a 93609 which now exists in DBG as well (I didn't want to use black up there).

I am really interested in building this MOC, Lego's own AT-ST is OOP and this one looks way better.

The only two things I don't like are the missing top hatch and the very expensive price per piece for the 5x5 Scala dishes in LBG.

Is there a mod with a hatch that you can open?

15 hours ago, JetBlackSVW said:

I am really interested in building this MOC, Lego's own AT-ST is OOP and this one looks way better.

The only two things I don't like are the missing top hatch and the very expensive price per piece for the 5x5 Scala dishes in LBG.

Is there a mod with a hatch that you can open?

Hi,

No hatch possible, unless you would sacrifice the nice slope made using the 2 large slope parts, because they're the only ones that have the correct angle. Also, a properly centered hatch wouldn't even open to a nice place, because part of the room under it is used for structural strength. Of course, you can still attach a minifig torso & pretend it comes out of a hatch.

I see the LBG scala dishes have indeed increased in price, and quite possibly this MOC was partly responsible for it. But you have 2 options here:

-DBG dishes, cheaper but won't look as good

-larger dishes that the design also includes, not as a workaround but because the Hoth version does have larger dishes.

2 other parts have also become quite expensive and I also provide workaround designs.

LargerDish.jpg

Edited by anothergol

7 hours ago, anothergol said:

Hi,

No hatch possible, unless you would sacrifice the nice slope made using the 2 large slope parts, because they're the only ones that have the correct angle. Also, a properly centered hatch wouldn't even open to a nice place, because part of the room under it is used for structural strength. Of course, you can still attach a minifig torso & pretend it comes out of a hatch.

I see the LBG scala dishes have indeed increased in price, and quite possibly this MOC was partly responsible for it. But you have 2 options here:

-DBG dishes, cheaper but won't look as good

-larger dishes that the design also includes, not as a workaround but because the Hoth version does have larger dishes.

2 other parts have also become quite expensive and I also provide workaround designs.

Thank you very much for the reply. I will build your AT-ST later this year when I got money from selling other Lego stuff and share some pics when have finished it:classic: