Hi,

my first post and my first MOC…

For about 20 years my Lego-Time ended. I don't know why but I began to looking last year: whats new about Lego-Technic. I was pretty amazed, new pieces, big sets, pf…

So I bought the 42039 set and at the moment it's my only one of the new models. Bricking A to B and B to A I began to play around and want to try a MOC… something Off-Road…

Thats the Result (but still WIP):

Functions:

Steering, working engine, individual suspensions and and functional working hood on the back

ybe2nm4o.jpg

vk37yxpu.jpg

nh5f4khb.jpg

8ko3v66p.jpg

6a3zunx3.jpg

2csv9mzx.jpg

After all those dokludi's C, D etc. models of 42039, it looks like this set has endless potential.

This buggy is nice and fresh, has good propotions and looks to be ready to race. :thumbup:

Oh, and welcome to EB :wink:

Well done, as others said, the looks are awesome. Only thing I would suggest you to improve is to replace the stock suspension from the A model with something softer and with more travel like the real ones use.

Thanks.

As you noticed its right, i used the original suspension and steering tech, because the function is running really slightly and smooth. I just pulled the rear a little bit higher... But your totaly right, its a hard suspension.

Best regards PaMe

Great alternative, especially considered as first moc! :thumbup:

Bad news: seeing the build style, I see like You got sense for the studless building... WARNING, very-very addicitve! :devil:

Nice use of the curved panels for the rear deck; as others mentioned, I am really starting to warm up to this set.

I like your MOC very much and because I have four of these sets I made also something alternative from one of them, it took about 10 hours and it has no wheels so it's not a car :laugh: I am very tired from that building so I post my MOC maybe tomorrow... But to the topic, your MOC, nice use of panels and neat hood with spoiler, very buggy like and original looks, very well done for the first MOC and warm welcome to technic wonderland :thumbup:

Thanks for your positive feedback. Motivates to do more 'MOC'ing :)

At first I had the idea to work still on this model, but I think I will stop working on this Buggy and try something differnet, don't know what at the moment.

I hope I'm getting warm about to creating a LXF (?) file of that to safe this idea an building.

Best regards PaMe

Starting a new project, rather than perfecting this one, sounds like a good way to practice and have fun. The time to perfect them will come as you get better.

Also, if you want to learn, and have the budget, getting some of the starter sets is a neat way to learn some techniques.

Anyhow, yeah, it's quite a nice buggy. Too bad the stickers don't work that well on it. Also I personally find it hard to work with those green 3x13 bent panels, but you did very well. Although the seating position doesn't seem to be very comfortable with that black gear where your head would be :P

Although the seating position doesn't seem to be very comfortable with that black gear where your head would be :P

You have to be a small rider ;) thanks for all those positive comments, especially in the 42039 Review-Thread, that motivates so much :)

A few evenings later I finished my MOC.

Did some improvements…

- fixed HOG-Steering

- playing around of shaping the Buggy

- openable hood inclusive a fixing mechanism

Now it's done and finished. Chapter closed.

I'm very happy with the result and I plan to become warmer with the LDD to create a rebrickable file.

Best regards PaMe

pnm6daqu.jpg

45aghaoh.jpg

ibygfygi.jpg

qax5dw7c.jpg

ucg6srh5.jpg

txo8glwg.jpg

ptqrlorg.jpg

Another few evenings later …

i wanted to build something purely dirty, aggressive looking buggy without using any green 42039 parts and any kind of shaping.

The suspension is really smooth and fine working, but I'm not so happy with my steering-solution, maybe I can find a better way.

I used only parts of the 42039 model.

x3hwefwx.jpg

44ftl846.jpg

xejfxfpn.jpg

xqe6m4wk.jpg

4vob4zbl.jpg

de3vuq99.jpg

Edited by PaMe