Sign in to follow this  
jpsirois

The LEGO Movie Video Game is a must for any fan of The LEGO Movie

I’ve bought The LEGO Movie video game on the Wii U maybe a 6 months ago for cheap with the plan of playing it when I get some time. Now that I did, I wish that I discover it before. I’ve just finish but all the main missions, I’m not even near 100% yet, but I will try too.

I must say as a huge fan of the movie, I really think this game add lots to the story of the movie. The game has lots of cinematic from the movie, but the mission we play is basically everything between every scene of the movie. It’s like adding twice content & story to the movie.

I’m not a huge gamer, I consider myself a casual gamer, but I really got into this game. The other previous LEGO Game I’ve played is LEGO City Undercover (I’m about at 70% of the main mission, I should really finish it. Really like the open world). Other then that I’ve recently got into LEGO Dimensions, which is also neat, but I’m not far in the game yet.

I’m curious of what other think of that game, not only by itself, but in addition to the movie.

I’ve bought The LEGO Movie video game on the Wii U maybe a 6 months ago for cheap with the plan of playing it when I get some time. Now that I did, I wish that I discover it before. I’ve just finish but all the main missions, I’m not even near 100% yet, but I will try too.

I must say as a huge fan of the movie, I really think this game add lots to the story of the movie. The game has lots of cinematic from the movie, but the mission we play is basically everything between every scene of the movie. It’s like adding twice content & story to the movie.

I’m not a huge gamer, I consider myself a casual gamer, but I really got into this game. The other previous LEGO Game I’ve played is LEGO City Undercover (I’m about at 70% of the main mission, I should really finish it. Really like the open world). Other then that I’ve recently got into LEGO Dimensions, which is also neat, but I’m not far in the game yet.

I’m curious of what other think of that game, not only by itself, but in addition to the movie.

As a fellow Wii U gamer, I really appreciate your review. I got The Lego Movie Videogame for 3DS—and returned it once I realized that the cinematics (basically just ripped from the movie) were the only parts with voice acting, and that the gameplay resembled the 2D isometric games for the Game Boy Advance and DS, rather than the more "console-like" gameplay of some of the recent Lego Super Heroes games.

I was really satisfied with Lego City Undercover (enough to reach 100% completion), and currently Lego Dimensions has my interest and will probably occupy me for some time. But maybe I should give The Lego Movie game another chance eventually.

You can probably find The LEGO Movie Game on Wii U for really cheap now.

From what I’ve heard, the 3DS version (PSVita probable too) is not the same then the same then the normal console one. So if you like the other Wii U LEGO Game, I think you’ll like this one too. It may not be the best of all LEGO Game out there but I think it’s really worth playing.

Edited by jpsirois

I guess it's good.

But once you look at enough Lego games these days, you will eventually realize that their works in general are extremely repetitive. Most people wish for originality with every game announcement.

However, The Lego Movie game and Lego City Undercover are both different enough from each other to be unique in their own ways. I myself like to carefully pick what Lego games I get however.

Edited by gamejutzu

I totally agree. As I mention and try to make the emphasis on in this post, it’s really the additional part of the storyline of The LEGO Movie it add that I really like and I would say the game itself is OK.

Many LEGO games are indeed really repetitive. At the speed they release all theses games (all made by the same studio) it’s not really surprising. They improve a little the existing concept and brand it with a new license. Some of them have some nice addition, but nothing major in general.

I really like the LEGO City Undercover open world. You can just drive around and the city is big. Also on the Wii U it’s one of rare game (except the one from Nintendo and some others) that make a nice use of the Gamepad.

Many LEGO games are indeed really repetitive. At the speed they release all theses games (all made by the same studio) it’s not really surprising. They improve a little the existing concept and brand it with a new license. Some of them have some nice addition, but nothing major in general.

I really like the LEGO City Undercover open world. You can just drive around and the city is big. Also on the Wii U it’s one of rare game (except the one from Nintendo and some others) that make a nice use of the Gamepad.

Yeah. It's kinda disappointing, but they still are. No matter how many new features they add to it, it will always have the same "break and build" concept.

Even Ninjago, a theme based on a show with very little emphasis on real Lego bricks, cannot escape this rule.

I will agree, that Lego City: Undercover and The Lego Movie Video Game are two good picks for the Lego franchise's games.

One game has a unique gameplay system, the other has a unique visual style.

Edited by gamejutzu