npgcole

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Video Game Discussion

Yup, it's happening!

So first, WB Interactive Entertainment said they will be "making a massive announcement" tomorrow that "includes two of the world's most popular entertainment brands", as seen here: http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1178484

But here is the REAL proof. Amazon Italy puts this up early: http://www.amazon.it...intenevery05-21

The description says (translated with Google):

"*The Force is strong here … The best-selling LEGO video game franchise returns with a journey full of action and humor based on the hit movie of Star Wars

*LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force, players relive the action of the movie Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force, told through the lens of intelligent and witty LEGO

*LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force also introduces Multi-buildings and Battles with the Blaster gaming universe LEGO

The best-selling LEGO video game franchise makes its triumphant return with a journey full of action and humor based on the blockbuster movie. The game will also feature exclusive content playable that bridge the gap between the story of Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force. Play as Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Han Solo and many others in LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force! The Force is strong here … The best-selling LEGO video game franchise returns with a journey full of action and humor based on the hit movie Star Wars. Play with Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Han Solo and your other favorite characters from the movie! LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force, players relive the action of the movie Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force, told through the lens of LEGO intelligent and witty. The game will also feature exclusive content playable that bridge the gap between the story of Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force. LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force also introduces Multi-buildings and Battles with the Blaster universe of LEGO videogames. With Multi-buildings, use LEGO bricks available to open new paths, and then rompili ricostruiscili to open others! During the battles with the Blaster, use the environment as protection to address the First Order."

Thanks go to Brick Inquirer for pointing this listing out: http://brickinquirer...ced-on-tuesday/

So we were probably right in saying that the Finn polybag is a pre-order bonus for an Episode VII game...

It also says the release date is May 31st. Could be a placeholder date, though.

Edited by npgcole

:sceptic: I was really hoping they'd just wait till after Ep. 9.....but it's interesting that they're including "exclusive" content (whether it's canon or not ie. current comic and book based) to bridge ep. 6 and 7. Well I'll probably get it anyway.

Yeah, I'm guessing they'll do a game for each episode and just roll 'em into one in the end.

Either that or expensive DLCs... a whole new game for each episode seem to me that they'd be hard pressed to find any innovation between the games to distinguish them...

You do have a point though, looking at the SW movies release schedule I definitely could see new games...

Official screenshots here.

And man is the game gorgeous. :wub:

Edited by Penkid11

:sceptic: I was really hoping they'd just wait till after Ep. 9.....but it's interesting that they're including "exclusive" content (whether it's canon or not ie. current comic and book based) to bridge ep. 6 and 7. Well I'll probably get it anyway.

I think there's a good chance the exclusive content will be based on canon books. Some members are already speculating that the minifigures in the upcoming "Adventures" sets are based on ones from recent novels.

4-5 years is a long time to wait for another Star Wars game when the hype is so strong at the moment.

YES!

This is probably the best looking LEGO game. Let's hope the actual game is that and not the typical TT stuff.

I really hope it includes Episode I - IV like what LEGO Jurassic World did with the first three movies. Or at least 3 part levels like LEGO Marvel's Avengers has.

Edited by Ordinareo

I hope this game is a remastered Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga with episodes 1-7 with improved graphics, improved Lego models, and voice acting from the movies, because so far the game is way too short since Only Episode 7: The Force Awakens takes up 5-6 level slots on the game disc. I am also hoping the story is in order of level, instead of jumbled and jumping around like Lego Marvel's Avengers.

I think there's a good chance the exclusive content will be based on canon books. Some members are already speculating that the minifigures in the upcoming "Adventures" sets are based on ones from recent novels.

Yeah I think it might be more enjoyable if the content is based on the new books!

4-5 years is a long time to wait for another Star Wars game when the hype is so strong at the moment.

Yeah, it was a pipe dream :tongue: I just hope they don't make one for every star wars movie...sometimes holding off is better.

I'm hoping the Rebels crew will be playable as perhaps bonus characters.

Knowing how TT handles extra content, they will probably be DLC.

Edited by Ordinareo

The blockbuster film Star Wars: The Force Awakens comes to life in LEGO video game form June 28, 2016. Check out the announce teaser trailer and pre-order today!

91dNKLlMR5L._SL1500_.jpg

Title: Star Wars The Force Awakens

Developer: Telltale Games

Rated:

Release date: June 28 2016

Collector's Edition: Deluxe Edition (includes = Season Pass + an exclusive Finn Minifigure)

Platforms: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC, Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita

Platform Exclusives:

Playstation: Phantom Limb Level Pack + Droid Character Pack

Teaser Trailer:

Edited by Cammo

I was expecting them to wait until episode 9 but I guess we're getting one game per movie now. The later ones will likely include anthology films but since we don't have any yet we're getting 'exclusive content that bridges the gap between RoTJ and TFA'. Hopefully it's canon stuff like from the comics. I'm also guessing there will be some stuff based on Rebels. Even then, it seems like they won't have enough content to compare to more recent LEGO games. It appears that they might include RoTJ at least, based on one of those screenshots. Maybe they'll include a remake of the original trilogy as well?

And the award for the most unsurprising surprise goes to... :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to the game :thumbup: Just like previous games, there's potential for the reveal of future minifig designs, even though TFA has been covered pretty well so far, there really aren't that many characters left. Speaking of which: I wonder how they'll handle Snoke, considering he won't get a "real" minifig representation for quite a while (2017 at the earliest). I guess he'll look like a regular minifigure, just bigger in size :sweet:

I knew that Finn minifigure had to be from a game!

Really excited for this, it's been a while since the last LEGO Star Wars game!

Would like to point out that even in the poster finn is depicted as sweaty as ever. that made me very happy, i think it would be amazing if he always had that effect in the game like his animation wheb he stands still would be him wiping his face or something.

This game looks amazing!!