Capn Frank

[Oleon - FB] Barracks of Breshaun

A couple small squads of the Royal Army have joined in the defense of Breshaun. The veterans may be old, and the rest may be new and have not experienced combat, but they drill constantly.

I also wanted to make an attempt at a decent looking building using primarily the junior, pirate wall panel.

100_5547.JPG

The best way to practice is on a life-sized, red target. :pir-grin:

100_5561.JPG

Some interior shots:

100_5564.JPG

100_5566-001.JPG

Great job Phred!!! I really like how you incorporated the panels, and then totally worked the rest of the building so you can't even tell at quick glance. Big fan of your fence usage for a shelf, you crafty builder you!

One question though, I can't figure it out...what are they cookin'?

That's a really good barracks, Phred. :pir-wub: I for one happen to really like that junior wall panel and its lovely printing. But the entire structure is nice and I'm a big fan of that roof technique.

I see you used the angled base technique you mentioned for your pirate town layout - and it looks great. Normally I don't like those doors - too modern looking - but in brown I admit it doesn't look bad at all. The pillows for the cots and the half-fence shelves are both really good ideas too.

You have a nice looking group of minifigs and those old-school cannons are cool. I suppose the training session of the day consists of "Ready...Aim...Phredit!" Actually that's a very nice action scene, except for one thing:

The best way to practice is on a life-sized, red target.

Hey! You...you...you Regulator you! :pir-laugh:

Good work and keep it up. :classic:

Edited by Captain Dee

Good barracks !

Good use of this panel !

I used it before too in my house in Nelissa but not as front door piece. I find this panel nice and I am happy to find it in other builds ! :)

The roof is also good and make the build more military.

Great job !

That panel blends in remarkably well and great job including an interior! :thumbup: The cannons look a little close to the building for comfort, but maybe LEGO cannons don't have so much of a recoil!

Thank you all for the great comments. :blush:

One question though, I can't figure it out...what are they cookin'?

The same type of fish found in the Rocky River Retreat :pir-wink:

..Normally I don't like those doors - too modern looking - but in brown I admit it doesn't look bad at all.

Thanks, I wanted a smaller door than the dual 6-wide, arch doors. There aren't a lot of other options I have. :pir-grin:

The cannons look a little close to the building for comfort, but maybe LEGO cannons don't have so much of a recoil!

Yes they are. :blush:

They're given much more room than most sets though. :pir-laugh:

Given the constraints with that wall piece, I'd say you did a fantastic job. The way the building is angled relative to the base is well done, and the overall scene is filled with action. I've always imagined barracks having a flag waving over them, so adding an Oleon flag would be my only suggestion.

It does look like it'll be a bit crowded if you ever get reinforcements.

I really like the use of those printed window frames to add detail. The roof technique is interesting as well. Those poor guys have to sleep awfully close together. I think sailors get more personal spacepir_laugh2.gif . How about some bunk beds instead?