LBaixinho

[MOC] Ferry

24442851130_a9c2e3d4d6_c.jpg

Ferry (2) by Luis Baixinho, on Flickr

When the first pics of the 60119 Ferry appeard, I was willing to make an improved version. The idea was to use also the ferry of a near town (Caminha, north of Portugal - google pics) as a source of inspiration, mainly in the color scheme and overall shape.

24738387525_09d8d30158_c.jpg

Ferry (3) by Luis Baixinho, on Flickr

The main objective was to give it a toy aspect, with playability possibilities and a good sturdy.

More pics here.

I think you've done a great job here, it has the fun playable aspect, but with many real life features, I was actually considering picking up a couple of this years City ferry, (when on Amazon Discount later in the year) to make a super sized ferry. I almost see hints of a Fabuland ferry in your design.

When I heart about a new LEGO Ferry what I had in mind was something like this one of Playmobil http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51USP7jIKFL.jpg or a minifig scale adaptation of the 4997.

The new 60119 is a good set but a bit simple (like most of the city sets).

Your creation goes in the line of what I have in mind and as other have said, the final result and the color combination are great.

Very nice! My only (hopefully) constructive criticism is that the awnings on the top level seem to just hang there on the inside- would it be possible to squeeze any other 'supports' in there?

Thank you for the comments.

Very nice! My only (hopefully) constructive criticism is that the awnings on the top level seem to just hang there on the inside- would it be possible to squeeze any other 'supports' in there?

The awnings on the real one are made of stretched canvas or something like this. One more support would be more real, though I'd have to put in front of the stairs to the cabin. So I preferred to omit them.

Edited by LBaixinho