Bricksonwheels

[MOC] Union Pacific EMD SD70 Ace Locomotive in Lego (1:16)

This is really GRANDE, and so many Bricks on Wheels *oh2* ! Very impressive, especially when such a thing is built within 4 months only!

Don´t know if somebody already asked, maybe it sounds kind of strange, but it´s always the first question in my mind when I see your creations: What are those wheels you have used?

Yes, many did :classic: , and it is no secret. The wheels are not Lego, I could not find a solution I liked from the existing part. They had to look like a real trainwheel. So I took an original drawing from the net and made a CAD file from it. It was CNC turned from black POM-C polymer afterwards. This way the wheels are exactly to scale and due to the high stiffness can carry the load and can still roll.

WOW!! Cant believe you just made this from ordinary Lego Bricks!! You are an amazing builder/designer but also a true artist! Congratulations with this amazing model!!

Interesting approach on the wheels - I can't imagine a better solution for such a high load. A truly great model - well done!

Totaly agree with Ingmar.

Your presetation and photography skills are amazing :wub_drool: , but for capture the size and sphere and details of your stunning Loc's you must seen the models in real and can watch theme for ours.

Have great fun in Denmark at LW and blow our Danish friends away :grin::thumbup:

Holy wow! Seeing it next to one of Ingmar's trucks puts it in perspective! One picture next to a mini-fig might be helpful to some so they can see the awesomeness of this as well! It would be awesome to see it in LDD! No way I could afford to build this but it would be a great piece on the fireplace mantle!!! Great job Sir!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Amazing work, just stunning. Since no one else has mentioned it...would this qualify for the HoF?

Please add a banana in all your photos, people will be amazed by the scale.

Hahaha,.. i dont know if people get the 'banana for scale' thing over here..

Mighty, beautiful locomotive :sweet::thumbup:, but I like Ingmar's trucks also.

Can you show more details about this incredible truck.

O well, thanks so much man!!! That you even notice that small truck next to that massive train... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbup:

Basically this is a preliminary picture. I posted some myself too, just as a teaser... I am working on both truck and tanker trailer as we speak. Can you wait a little longer? :classic:

Thnx for all the kind words. In another topic it was called an example of the 'Dutch School'. I see that as a big compliment. I guess a group of Dutch builders has been taking the scale modeling thing quite seriously and is pushing forward showing what can be done in this area. I think true scale modeling is becoming a subdivision that has a clear crossover with conventional scale modelers outside the Lego community. Our book 'The Art of Lego Scale Modeling' is also very well received amongst them. This is also why our modeler group is not only attending Lego events, but also traditional modelshows as well.

Edited by Bricksonwheels

Here is a small video as well: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bricksonwheels/24754849550/in/dateposted-public/

This week (18-21 february) I will be at Legoworld Denmark in Copenhagen. Dennis Bosman (Legotrucks), Ingmar Spijkhoven (2LegoOrNot2Lego), Nanko Klein Paste (Nkle) and myself will have a 50 sqm display with all kinds of models, including the Rio Grande locomotive. Come by and shake hands!!

I saw this today at LEGOWorld Copenhagen, along with all the other insanely stunning builds that Bricksonwheels have created.

And i must say i was totally mindblowned. ( I so have to check the technic section on EB a lot more often ! )

All your MOC´s are so very well done that i really cant find words for it.

Oh, and thanks for the nice chat that i had with you.

Looking forward to se more in the future ! :classic:

Thnx Klodsbrik!

Always nice to meet the people in real life. The locomotive got a lot of attention, even from Kjeld Kristiansen and Joren Knudstorp. Here is Knudstorp (Lego CEO) looking at our creations at the Scale modeling Booth.

24589310334_a156493cf0_b.jpg

Great to see that you guys haved fun in Denmark :thumbup: .

You can hear mister Knudstorp thinking, WoW i wish that my TLG team is so good as the Dutch modelbuilders :laugh::wink: .

Maybe they Will understand one day, that us AFOL's would love to see a theme based on Model Team, but with Technic underneath.

Go Dutch master builders, let them at TalG know what real building is all about!!!!!