Bricksonwheels

[MOC] Union Pacific EMD SD70 Ace Locomotive in Lego (1:16)

I hope you like it!

I don'tlike it, but love it :wub_drool:

Your new loc is absolute stunning and all the details are spot on :thumbup: :thumbup: .

Great pressatation to .

I recognize the sentiment of using black. However there ae of course more colours used in the steamlocomotive era...

The emerald night has a dark green livery :devil:

And I am pretty sure there have been some dark blue trains as well...Combined with LBG undercarriage... :wub:

I recognize the sentiment of using black. However there ae of course more colours used in the steamlocomotive era...

The emerald night has a dark green livery :devil:

And I am pretty sure there have been some dark blue trains as well...Combined with LBG undercarriage... :wub:

True, the thing with me is that I never built something pure for the color of it. I must really like it as well to put so much time in it.

And I only like a few of those very big American locomtives as the Big Boy.

wow, speechless...really looking good and the overall length is stunning...is there a possibility that TLG will make something like this...?

are there instructions available or are you planning on realizing this on short notice..?

wow, speechless...really looking good and the overall length is stunning...is there a possibility that TLG will make something like this...?

are there instructions available or are you planning on realizing this on short notice..?

The thought of making instructions for this gives me a nightmare. It is not realisitc. It would probably be around 1000 pages. A TLG set would be around 3000 Euros or more, in a very very big box :-)

Edited by Bricksonwheels

The thought of making instructions for this gives me a nightmare. It is not realistic. It would probably be around 1000 pages. A TLG set would be around 3000 Euros or more, in a very very big box :-)

For what its worth....even if you did just the CAD and not the instructions I promise I would build it in a heartbeat. I think its just one of the most impressive models iv'e ever seen from a scale and detail perspective.

Perhaps Ingmar can help you...ill nudge him a bit!

I saw this on flickr a few days ago and I was blown away. I'm a big fan of BricksOnWheels trucks and this is at the pinnacle of lego modeling :-) I wish I could see it in person some day. 2LegoOrNot2Lego's truck and trailer are simply awesome also.

What a gorgeous beast. 24 kg, amazing. The detail work is top notch. I agree with many others, I thought I was looking at real pics to start with before getting close. Keep it up.

This is just beautiful! :wub:

Any plans to motorise it? I know it's 24kgs but I'm sure it's possible. As for a steam engine, a pneumatic powered flying scotsman at a similar scale would be epic!

Just saw this being passed around on Facebook by some railfan groups. It is very impressive!

I've seen the real locomotive twice in real life to. You're model is spot on.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

This is so cool..I`m out of words :wub:

By the way, is it able to turn?

Edited by Kit Fisto

This is really GRANDE, and so many Bricks on Wheels *oh2* ! Very impressive, especially when such a thing is built within 4 months only!

Don´t know if somebody already asked, maybe it sounds kind of strange, but it´s always the first question in my mind when I see your creations: What are those wheels you have used?

The first image looked as if it was made in some type of professional CAD program. Having seen a few of these locos, I can vouch that it's completely spot on perfectly realistic. Can the model roll along the tracks? I'm quite surprised that it can support its emmense weight.

This.... This is spectacular.

I've always wanted to build a Lego model of a GMD SD40-2 with the Canadian Pacific Multimark scheme, but I never imagined a model in this scale and detail.

From one rail fan to another you have done a remarkable job even from a modelling perspective alone. The fact you did this in Lego with such accurate detailing is quite a feat, you should be proud of this one!