Sign in to follow this  
Angeli

Baldur's Gate

Hi guys :)

After few years in exile, Drow have gathered their strength, made few alliances, learned a trick or two, rebuild the fleet. And now, they are back, invading the country from the sea

Drow have a new leader, but more about here later :)

First, we are going to establish a foothold in Nocturnus, if the land is called the same. Then, step by step, we are going to take over the region, and then, crush those greenshirt tree-hugging Avalonians, and then - put spider webs all over the world! Drow rule supreme!

That being said - hi guys :)

At the moment, I am a little off with all the events and books, but let me share with you what I've been doing last three years; first in line - Baldur's Gate :)

ab-046.jpg

few more:

main-03.jpg

main.jpg

ab-015.jpg

The thing is really huge, so go trough pictures, notice blacksmith, crystal dragon, zen lake and ton of other stuff :)

You can find more pictures here

You can find pictures during contruction here

---

Here you can see some other Drow cities from me:

Waterdeep

Lith My'athar

Menzoberranzan

Ched Nasad

Ust Natha

Chaulssin

Eryndlyn

Maerimydra

Twisted Tower of Ashaba

Ruined temple of Shar

Rilauven outpost

Llurth Dreir

Mirage Dragon

Song of Fire and Ice

Elesee Luna

Leliana Lena

Netheril

And everything is nicely indexed in the topic Drow , featuring hundreds of minifigs in one place.

Edited by Angeli

The ancient Drow have finally returned from their banishment! Welcome back ( I may not have been here when you were originally here but I have heard the tales ( and seen the builds) of the drow)

it is nice to be back, thank you :)

Here are few details that I like about this castle:

ab-035.jpg

ab-055.jpg

Great city but why red?

Then, step by step, we are going to take over the region, and then, crush those greenshirt tree-hugging Avalonians, and then - put spider webs all over the world! Drow rule supreme!
What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.

Because red 1x2 where the cheapest bricks :) Actually, the red, blue and yellow. But, arches, slopes, inverted slopes etc were cheapest in red - so I bought a ton of bricks (10.000 pieces for 70e, new) and started building (it was in 2008).

...after few years, I added black, then white, then dark red, trans red, trans light blues, finally both gray colors, but red is still my "sign" color :)

I'm not big fan of red bricks but your building looks really beautiful. Red, white and black fit together nicely.

Looks like if you brake the red boring wall with some other colors it's not so boring any more.

I like the red- it's a cool departure from the usual greys we see so often in castle builds. The colour scheme of my city, Shadowmere, is influenced by you- although in reverse! Black with red accents! I think you've stood out to me because of that departure. If only I had enough bricks to create something on this scale!

just have patience, Lord Vladivus :) I got this with time, not all at once. 1000 by 1000 bricks :) keep checking bricklink, from time to time there are really great deals regarding bricks :)

Edited by Angeli

Stunning build, as usual :wub:The white accents against the red look very pretty and I love the blacksmith area.

And that sweet gateway you posted a picture of as well :thumbup:

Beautiful build, Angeli! :wub: The red and dark red work very well, and I love how you did those pillars for the gateway. :thumbup:

Wow, that's an absolutely gigantic build! But even with the scale you have put serious attention to details, and it shows. Great job! :classic:

As always, pretty spectacular build there! Welcome back. I guess the Drow were not all eradicated.

Thank you :)

Check Suldanesselar, it is three times more larger and two times higher :)