Kizmoz

[MOC] The Flash - Star labs (lego ideas submisson)

Hi, I don't really post a lot on these boards but have been following them for a while now, checking up for all the latest news mainly on the super heroes themes.

I'd like to share with you guys my LEGO idea's submission in the hope that I could gain some likes and hope that you guys would also help spread the word :)

12814089_164502190603862_1082242341983695759_n.png?oh=4bd73ab8d7f94f4567986b4ed81cef96&oe=5756C485

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/130286

I wanted to create a set based on "The Flash" based on the headquarters of "Team Flash" in Star Labs.

While I appreciate it is not 100% screen accurate, I've tried to capture the set so that it is easily recognisable while keeping it to a realistic and simple scale of 700 pieces.

(I would've liked to add more lab equipment or the treadmill, although if I come up with something that fits in I may add it)

The front is made up of the team's work station and lab from where they communicate with Barry as he race's around Central City, while the "Reverse" side hides Harrison Well's secret... ;)

As said I would love to gain your support but also value any feedback :)

(I also seem to be struggling to put a pic in this post, would be greatly appreciated if a mod or someone could add them please)

Edited by Kizmoz

I must commend you on taking the time to create a quality Ideas project. I mostly steer clear of Ideas because there are just so many awful projects that stand NO chance of even becoming close to an official set. :laugh: Lego doesn't expressingly forbid projects based on existing IP's, but to date none have been approved. If this can get to 10,000 I think it has a chance. Great job. :thumbup:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Yea I understand that there's the possibility that something like could potentially be in the pipework's with them having DC comics.

However with it based on the TV series, I'd imagine that they'd need to work out a few things with the likes of CW and character/actor likeness etc. (hence why the closest we've got is a few Comic Con exclusives)

Also if you don't try, you never know :)

Failing that I've still got a design I can make myself once I get the bricks :D

That looks really, really good. Way better than most of the garbage on the site. You have my support. Best of luck becoming a product! :classic:

thank :D

I'm trying to get the instructions to produce a list of the pieces used so I can order them and make the physical build, however it doesn't seem to be loading them correctly/clearly from LDD...

anyone know why this might be? could it be due to LEGO dropping the support for LDD or have I got a glitch somewhere? :/

Whoah, this looks great!

Love the addition of the secret room and the Reverse Flash costume in it :sweet:

Supported! :thumbup:

Awesome! Just supported and I absolutely love this project. The backside with Wells costume and Gideon room is genius. Really hope it makes it to 10,000. An actual version would probably ramp up the supporters too.

Awesome! Just supported and I absolutely love this project. The backside with Wells costume and Gideon room is genius. Really hope it makes it to 10,000. An actual version would probably ramp up the supporters too.

I'm looking to build a physical version asap, however struggling to source some of the pieces, anyone got any recommendations on where to get "Earth Blue" and most the Trans pieces from?

mean while I've been playing around with adding decals to the figures, bare in mind I have only just started to figure out adding images to pieces etc don't own the likes of photoshop so the prints aren't perfect :)

(flash is a slightly edited version I found online)

tumblr_o2o1vgNngk1v7a3tgo1_500.png

Edited by Kizmoz

This is absolutely brilliant supported but I wouldn't use a design you just found online for an official project especially without crediting the creator.

This is great, but can you update it with a treadmill? No flash lab would be without a treadmill?

This is absolutely brilliant supported but I wouldn't use a design you just found online for an official project especially without crediting the creator.

Thank you :)

I've used the design as a template and tweeked it a little in paint to make it a bit more flatter, can't really change much to it as that's how the suit actually is lol :)

(tho would gladly give a thumbs up to whoever made it, not sure who tho as was an image from google)

I saw this over on Ideas, what a genius way to represent STAR Labs! I absolutely love how Wells' secret room is literally on the "reverse" side of the set. :laugh::thumbup:

I'm a big fan of the show and everything here looks wonderful, from the set itself to those gorgeous minifigures. They could even use the new wheelchair accessory on Wells. :wub:

Supported, best of luck!

polished it up a lil and added the Treadmill to the display... :)

tumblr_o32uwaK1yy1v7a3tgo1_1280.png

tumblr_o2z1saUh681v7a3tgo1_540.jpg

Edited by Kizmoz

12814089_164502190603862_1082242341983695759_n.png?oh=4bd73ab8d7f94f4567986b4ed81cef96&oe=5756C485

I've been looking to get hold of the slanted windows for my design but having difficulty finding them all from one seller, anyone know why these are so hard to get hold of and why they don't seem to be available in any current set?

Nice project, Kizmo. Never watched the show, but it looks like a fun little playset. Personally, my favorite part is the brick-built wheelchair. It's a nice design.

It looks like you've netted over 1,000 supporters in a relatively short time. As someone with Ideas projects, I often wonder how this happens with certain projects. What did you do to promote your project, and what seemed to really give it a boost?

In any case, I'm glad to support your project and wish you luck. I hope you get 10,000 in a Flash! Yeah, bad pun.... hehe

Nice project, Kizmo. Never watched the show, but it looks like a fun little playset. Personally, my favorite part is the brick-built wheelchair. It's a nice design.

It looks like you've netted over 1,000 supporters in a relatively short time. As someone with Ideas projects, I often wonder how this happens with certain projects. What did you do to promote your project, and what seemed to really give it a boost?

In any case, I'm glad to support your project and wish you luck. I hope you get 10,000 in a Flash! Yeah, bad pun.... hehe

Thank you, the wheelchair was somewhat fun to figure out as Well's has a distinct look to it, I wanted to include an extra hidden feature to it that he had on the show but that wouldn't work :/

I'm pleasantly surprised at how it picked up but now seems to have slowed down a little and dropped of the popular this week slot ;/

I basically created various social media accounts and searched for various forums to share it on hoping it would pick up interest, my main boost came from when Comicbook.com found it and did a lil piece on it

This is awesome! really hope this speeds its way to 10,000 votes as I would love to have one. I really like the way you've hidden the time vault in the set and made well's wheel chair. best of luck on the rest of the way to 10,000 :grin:

This is awesome! really hope this speeds its way to 10,000 votes as I would love to have one. I really like the way you've hidden the time vault in the set and made well's wheel chair. best of luck on the rest of the way to 10,000 :grin:

Thanks, currently waiting on a few more pieces before i have a complete build :)

(obviously some placeholders due to lack of colours/part & print availability)

tumblr_o5du0n0FYR1v7a3tgo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o5du6plxiy1v7a3tgo1_540.jpg

also a working treadmill ^_^

Edited by Kizmoz

Finally got all the pieces needed to complete the build :)

(still some placeholders due to colour/print availability)

STAR Labs build - LEGOIdeas

Only waiting on a custom Reverse Flash fig to complete the look of the Time Vault side :)

This project is looking fantastic so far! Best of luck getting it approved- I know if it does I'll be getting a copy as soon as I can!