Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[The Frozen Beyond, Cat B] The Great Northern Ankylos

As the Algus have risen in power, they have sought full control of the Frozen Beyond and the creatures that dwell within. Harnessing beasts and monsters of the cold have entrenched their power and filled the ranks of their scourge with weapons of great power and terror.

However, not all beings of the North are easily swayed by the might of the Algus.

24644794161_aac4c14d6d_c.jpg

One such creature is the rare Great Northern Ankylos. Armoured with impervious icy scales, it has had no natural enemies for centuries, and thus knows no fear. Fear being the greatest weapon of the Algus, the Ankylos has resisted their attempts at catching it, much to their surprise.

While their weapons can find no weak spot in its armour, the Ankylos finds no difficulty in smashing through theirs. Swinging its powerful, spiked tail, it makes short work of any resistance and the Algus' attempts at capture have sofar been a rare source of losses for their ranks.

24620504342_f3dec5028e_c.jpg

The Ankylos is a herbivorous creature of generally benevolent nature, and the myths tell tales of impressive intelligence. May it have its own motives to resist the overlordship of the Algus, or is it merely protecting itself, as should be expected of a simple beast? We may never know, but its unwillingness to serve the force of evil has surely been a rare challenge to the might of the Algus.

Hereby my entry to the Frozen Beyond category B. I have not been very active in GoH recently due to general RL busyness, but I could not NOT participate in this challenge.

C&C welcome! :classic:

Great creature !

We can feel the ankylosaurus dinosaur inspiration in this beast ! Glad you show it resists to the Algus.

Very nice creature, I really like the spikes! Those eyes work great too! :thumbup:

I like its most prominent feature, the icy scales on the back and its eyes like approriately resistent. I'm really digging your story, quite unique! :thumbup:

Superb use of those trans blue shields! I like the dinosaur vibe you achieved with the beast, he looks quite powerful :thumbup: