Scarst

[COR - FB2] The Saucy Jack

It had been about half a year since that fateful day when young Sebastion Clifton had acquired the Saucy Jack from the one and only Lord Pennington, Exchequer of Corrington. The Exchequer had seemingly spontaneously given young Sebastion a man of only 25 his very own ship with a fully payed license, with free rights to rename the vessel and enough money to fund a temporary crew. This transaction is one of the great mysteries of modern Corrington, how a minor noble barely able to get an audience with a government official managed to convince Pennington a well-known tight wad to give him a ship.

24111479774_fe21920091_z.jpgDSC00419 by Paul Vogel, on Flickr

THe rumors are abound as to exactly how Sebastion did it, some say Sebastion beat it out of him, others say he's a bastard son. When asked Sebastion will just say "Pennington has a thing for 'clean' rooms." and leave it at that.

Oh, those circumstances are bound to lead to rumours! pir_laugh2.gif

Lovely little cutter - it seems very compact to me, and I am certain it is a manouverable little vessel! I would suggest adding a mainsail (gaff sail) behind the mainmast, as it seems somewhat underrigged currently. With a few more forestays, I am also fairly certain she could ship some additional jibs for better performance! pirate_blush.gif Personally, I would adjust the bowsprit to be closer to horisontal, but I suppose the angle is really defined by the length of the Lego ropes? pirate_wink.gif

The cobbergreen posts make a great railing, and the tiles between the two hull-pieces gives the impression of a ladder. For improvement, I would suggest string and paper/cloth for sails to create more elaborate rigging, and to add some more details to the deck.

All in all, nice ship, Scarst! pirate_satisfied.gif

Nice little ship. It looks sleek, befitting a "fast" ship. The use of the sand green pieces adds a nice accent.

A nice ship! I like her size and hull. And her colors. What would make her shine, would be another sail pattern though, since i dont know why but it feels a bit off (ask Bregir about more details).

Yeah I was in a rush to Rig, So I used old sails, you might notice one of those is a shared sail with ska. I went out and got some cloth for future rigging but I need to find time to cut a proper sail and I'm by no means an expert so it will be a learning experience over the next several ships. I am in love with Lanteen sails though, I like them more than square sails, so i will probably make you all suffer through my attempts at making Sloops.

She's a pretty good design overall - cute but small. I like those colors and the rigging is pretty good for standard parts. I like Bregir's advice about adding a gaff sail, but otherwise this turned out well. Keep it up.