Sign in to follow this  
Scarst

[COR-FB1] The Arlinsport Bank

Pennington has decided that the colonies are of top priority to the crown and as such has used his own money to start up a Bank for the people of Arlinsport to hold their wealth on their way to riches and glory. He has spared no expense making sure traditional Corrington foliage adorned the gardens in front of the building along with Ivy and Hemp to ensure it's regal statue. Being a busy man he sent his least favorite painter to the colonies to provide him a picture of the finished construction.

24713475096_a12ab2d33b_z.jpgDSC00407 by Paul Vogel, on Flickr

24621875152_4925bf0a59_z.jpgDSC00408 by Paul Vogel, on Flickr

Though, when questioned the painter is said to have told locals Pennington's actual words were, "Why would I ever want to go to that filthy rats nest of a colony with all the peasant.". The truth is still being debated.

The color choice is excellent, especially sand green and dark gray coupled with my favorite arched windows! As other will say (i am sure of it pir_laugh2.gif ), front yard could use a bit of love. Some flowers or a little fence or a paved road would match your creation nicely.

EDIT:

Second photo shows A LOT more detail pirate_classic.gif

The color choice is excellent, especially sand green and dark gray coupled with my favorite arched windows! As other will say (i am sure of it pir_laugh2.gif ), front yard could use a bit of love. Some flowers or a little fence or a paved road would match your creation nicely.

Thanks I'm trying to improve, It's been awhile since I've built anything really.

There are actually a few flowers behind the guards this isn't the best shot as it's really a profile build, plus I see Arlinsport as a dreary place. I'll add a different angle, not saying it's great though haha.

Nice atmosphere. Or, more correct, dreary atmosphere. I can imagine rain pouring down. The color and brick choices reinforces the feeling of wet, slippery stone.

Very fitting for its location! Like Sir Stig said the atmosphere has a dark, damp, and cold feeling to it. Nice work!

Very Nice build, altough the Street before the bank seems a bit bare

The combination of colors is perfect. The facade looks pretty good head-on but the sides seem bare - adding a section of the wall would fill the scene well. The base in the very front is pretty bare to, although the flowers are nice. The guards and flagpole add a lot to the scene, and the overall atmosphere is good. Keep it up.

Nice bank, Scarst - I really love that roof colour and I think the building looks nice and sturdy,as a bank should be! pirate_wink.gif

As the others have said, some texturing for the ground in front of the bank would be nice, but otherwise, nice detailing.

When will the bank open for business? And what sort of interest will it offer on deposits? pirate_wink.gif