- Openable doors and trunk

- Detailed rollcage

- Sporty colors and livery

- Power Functions ready

The front is full of lights and LED bars

TC9A1.JPG

Notice the massive rear spoiler, massive exhaust system and the rear diffuusor

TC9A2.JPG

Doors and the rear boot open, showing the internal rollcage and adjustable seats

TC9A3.JPG

Size of the car is 35,5 studs long, 20,5 studs wide and 13,5 studs high, giving a total of 9824,626 cubic studs

TC9A8.JPG

And the usual "money shot" of the chassis. The suspension and drive use a hybrid drive system with the drive axle used like an live axle, yet wheels suspended in a independent double wishbone configuration.

TC9A5.JPG

And finally a digital render of the detailed rollcage:

TC9A2.png

Look at it go:

TC9A4.JPG

B MODEL

Rally car rebuilds into an F1 car with following functions:

- Realistic working pushrod suspension

- Moving V6 piston engine driven by rear wheels

- Working steering wheel

- Adjustable spoiler

- Openable rear to

- Detailed engine bay with six exhausts

The F1 car is a very low and stable model

TC9B1.JPG

Notice the rear wheel drive, rear light, the detailed diffusor and the rear springs

TC9B2.JPG

Rear covers can open up, exposing the pushord suspension, V6 engine and the 6 exhaust systems

TC9B3.JPG

B model is 45 studs long, 24,5 studs wide and just 9 studs high, giving it a total volume of 9922,5 cubis studs

TC9B4.JPG

For the eagle-eyed, I made a small error and used a wrong part which I should not have in the B model, I should have used a tan axle 4 instead of the regular one, I made a mistake in my LDD reference file and used one normal 4L axle too much. This does not hovever affect any functionality and is corrected in LDD version.

TC9ERROR.jpg

For more details please check out the following video:

C MODEL

I went an extra mile to also make a C model which is a safari offroader which has following functionality:

- 4x4 wheel drive with lockable central differential

- Rugged live axle suspension

- Moving V6 engine in the back

- Working steering wheel

- Functioning winch

- Retractable windshield and roof

Here's a picture of the model with folded windshield and roof crawling around

TC9C2.JPG

View of the rear V6 engine and raised roof:

TC9C3.JPG

Notice the live axle flex:

TC9C1.JPG

Edited by Zblj

Wow!

Very nice color combinations

The transgreen looks really good on the lightbar

Edited by LXF

Very nice models, good job. Great use of stickers too!

Just a friendly reminder: you might want to edit your entry post, it has more than 10 pictures.

Very nice models, good job. Great use of stickers too!

Just a friendly reminder: you might want to edit your entry post, it has more than 10 pictures.

Already fixed it, I hope the ones hidden in spoilers dont count though... Thanks anyway, the model was a blast to build and its a basically a mini supercar.

Awesome, just awesome. And I mean everything: A,B, the video and as a bonus a C-model.

One thing though: missed it in the video and pictures but the working gearbox you mentioned is 2 speed on the A-model?

You've done it, again, a masterpiece or should I say three masterpieces, excellent :thumbup: Rally car and F1 are such a great pair for Lego set, I just love it :classic: You can count that you'll get high points from me when voting begins, good job :thumbup:

B- model is better than A-model. So rule about "as close as possible to real Lego" is fullfilled. :D

Size of the car is 35,5 studs long, 20,5 studs wide and 13,5 studs high, giving a total of 9824,626 cubic studs

It is generally for abuse?

IMHO you need to be measured in whole units.

Edited by Serhio

I agree.

I appreciate the technical implementation though. It's very impressive how much you managed to squeeze into such small space. However, I think the lack of steering angle indicates you may have squeezed in a bit too much :grin: A real HOG steering would've increased the playability. The B-model is very nicely shaped and also technically impressive. For both, I don't really care for the colouring scheme, but that's a matter of taste.

I have removed your C-model from the contest entry. It's great that you made it C-model, but it could bias the voter. I will add it here for you:

C MODEL

I went an extra mile to also make a C model which is a safari offroader which has following functionality:

- 4x4 wheel drive with lockable central differential

- Rugged live axle suspension

- Moving V6 engine in the back

- Working steering wheel

- Functioning winch

- Retractable windshield and roof

Here's a picture of the model with folded windshield and roof crawling around

TC9C2.JPG

View of the rear V6 engine and raised roof:

TC9C3.JPG

Notice the live axle flex:

TC9C1.JPG

By the way, Zblj, these are your words:

I'm gonna be THAT RUDE GUY and just say...

Can you please stop nitpicking about side mirros, suspension heights, etc... Stop trying to find holes in these competitions rules and play fair and with some common sense...and a sense of sportmanship...

I'm a bit sad to see you, of all people, exploiting the "half stud measurement"-loophole...

Edited by Ludo Visser

Let's not continue the half-stud discussion here. Any discussion about this loophole in the discussion topic please.

Very nice Racer.

Could you show front suspension and drive shafts of Rally Racer?

Two great builds, a real technical and visual treat.

There's some very good entries in this contest but I think you'll do very well indeed. Good luck.

Awesome models, congratulations!

Though I miss HOG steering a bit.

So do I, but I simply had no room/way to connect it.

I agree.

I appreciate the technical implementation though. It's very impressive how much you managed to squeeze into such small space. However, I think the lack of steering angle indicates you may have squeezed in a bit too much :grin: A real HOG steering would've increased the playability. The B-model is very nicely shaped and also technically impressive. For both, I don't really care for the colouring scheme, but that's a matter of taste.

Yes the steering angle for A model is a bit low, I could have made wheel arches bigger, but that would have spoiled the looks. Problems are the massive hubs and Lego's not-so deep wheels.

By the way, Zblj, these are your words:

I'm a bit sad to see you, of all people, exploiting the "half stud measurement"-loophole...

The only reason why I ROUNDED UP to 0,5 studs is because wheels are slightly over 20 studs wide, length is slightly over 35 studs due to the exhausts (which I can remove if thats the problem) and because the car is slightly above 13 studs high.

Again I ROUNDED UP the measurments even though in real life they are generally lower.

Very nice Racer.

Could you show front suspension and drive shafts of Rally Racer?

Sure, here they are, chassis with steering link:

chassis1.png

Deatiled look without the steering link:

chassis2.png

And the look from under. Notice I could not connect the U joint to the steering in LDD:

chassis3.png

Awesome, just awesome. And I mean everything: A,B, the video and as a bonus a C-model.

One thing though: missed it in the video and pictures but the working gearbox you mentioned is 2 speed on the A-model?

Yes the gearbox is a 2 speed with gear ratios of 1:1 and 1:3. When motorized the gearbox also works.

Edited by Zblj

Sweet.

I wouldn't worry too much about the steering angle on the A-model by the way. Currently building a little RC vehicle (based on your suspension/drive from "Blue" :thumbup:) and it quickly became apparent that the CV joints in the hubs don't really like a bigger angle than half a stud. It works with a bigger angle, but you can hear the strain on the motors. So ya, more a problem of CV joints than lack of space?

That's kind of impressive...3 MOC/alternates in one go!

Thanks for suspension pics, I was looking to ask for the same. I have a question about it actually, as it is not very clear for me. It seems like you have just two CV joints in your front suspension setup. How does it articulate? It looks to be a sort of rigid axle with double wishbone arms?

That's kind of impressive...3 MOC/alternates in one go!

Thanks for suspension pics, I was looking to ask for the same. I have a question about it actually, as it is not very clear for me. It seems like you have just two CV joints in your front suspension setup. How does it articulate? It looks to be a sort of rigid axle with double wishbone arms?

Yes, the dive axle is rigid, but suspension is independent. This way I can use only 2 joints and make everything more compact.

Great car, the A and B model are excellent. The rally car I would buy. Is that a winch in the rear? Well presented, good luck.

H

Edited by Horace T

Great car, the A and B model are excellent. The rally car I would buy. Is that a winch in the rear? Well presented, good luck.

H

Thank you Horace, It took me almost a week to record all the footage, countless hours of making LDD versions and some 10 hours of video editing to get it done.

Yes, there's a small winch in the rear which was used for the C model, but can of course be used in A model.

Yes, the dive axle is rigid, but suspension is independent. This way I can use only 2 joints and make everything more compact.

It took me a while, but now I realize how it works. That's very ingenious! Doesn't it create friction when the bracket that holds the differential wants to tilt up/down? Or is the natural play sufficient to account for that?

By the way: sorry for giving you such a hard time for the dimensions. I really think your models are of excellent technical quality, I just felt a bit disappointed about the dimension thing. I hope you can understand my point of view also.

Edited by Ludo Visser