The Aurei Lacerta

The personal ship of Revon de Crocodil, which he sails on trading missions for the Merchant's Colonial Trading Company. Today he sails for the world with a cargo of Rum and nails.

800x640.jpg

His first mate Vasco keeps an eye out for sea rats from the bow.

800x640.jpg

My first ship, which was a challenge. C&C welcome! LDD doesn't have sails. :pir-sceptic: Should've used Mecabricks for this one.

Sweet! What class you'll licence it? (I guess 2T)

Edited by Maxim I

I like it. Nice use of the Viking longboat hull.

Sweet conversion of the viking boat pirate_satisfied.gif Good first ship :thumbup:

Thanks to both! I actually started building a hull without prefabs (Bad Starting Point) but i realized with the way I was building it would have to be class 4 or something.So I switched to this.

Sweet! What class you'll licence it? (I guess 2T)

You would guess correctly. pirate_classic.gif

I really like the unity of its colors and the way all that cargo is stashed on the deck. Also viking prefabs are giving him a fine shape. I envisage your ship as a barge (always class 2) sailing up and down the rivers full of sugar or cotton or for coastal waters sailing pirate_classic.gif And GJ on your first ship!

I myself wasn't a fan of using the Viking ship ends, but you seem to have pulled it off very well! I can also appreciate how the gold ornamentation was used for the headpiece (terminology?) of the dragon. If yo ufilled out a form, I hope you have a prosperous journey fellow MCTC member!

Really nice use of that longboat hull, UM! I was actually hoping to see some uses of it, and yours is pretty good. It is a shame that LDD doesn't allow you to tinker with custom sails and rigging, though.

I like the cargo you have arranged on deck, and I think the cabin is pretty well integrated into the hull, although it might be on the tall side. The figurehead is good looking!

My final comment is, that the mast and yard seem a bit on the small side for this vessel, but it is hard to tell without the sails.

Overall, nice work - will you be finishing the other vessel you started? :pir-sweet:

Nice job using those hull pieces. It's a good smooth design with plenty of usable deck space. The cabin may be a bit tall, but it reminds me a little of a caravel hull. I agree that the mast and yardarm seem a little small, but otherwise it's a pleasant design with good potential. The renders are just about perfect, except that the flags are flying the wrong way to actually be sailing. Good work.