Dear All,

This is my first post in Eurobricks. May I introduce this MOC in my amusement park, The Space Octpous

24046137093_e3ba31b895_c.jpg

I picture worth thousand words and a video worth hundred pictures. Please check this out!

More pictures

24377423720_89a6066b56_c.jpg

24555173762_93992d928e_c.jpg

24646738036_9b2e66bfae_c.jpg

You may notice that the style is quite allied with the Mixer (10244), no matter the colour and the ticketing kiosk. Yes I designed to pair up with Mixer and place in front of the Ferris Wheel (10247). Unlucky(or Lucky?) that I don't have the Merry Go Round (10196). Yes you may guess and you are right... It is on Lego Idea now.

I am not coming for vote my project (Thanks if you like too). Because of some regulation from Lego Idea, I cannot give more detail on their page. I come here to share further about the mechanic inside, not that complicated but some points to note!

More important, I just realize from last week It could be play with Starwar Microfighters!!!! I am working on this to support those heavy fighters! I will keep update it here!

Finally thanks for watching!!!

This is brilliant. I may have to "borrow" some ideas in the future. I am currently putting together my own Grand Carousel, and my daughter has the Ferris Wheel, so it would be smart to pick up a few other rides. It would work really well for one of our LUG shows.

Keep up the great work

It's looks great

Reminds me to my childhood :classic: always likes those things, maybe still ....

Thanks all and Hi TheLegoDr. I will post more details!

This is brilliant. I may have to "borrow" some ideas in the future. I am currently putting together my own Grand Carousel, and my daughter has the Ferris Wheel, so it would be smart to pick up a few other rides. It would work really well for one of our LUG shows.

Keep up the great work

More details here.

First is all about the lower base :wink:

24046137633_3bc89c3b7c_c.jpg

It is quite simple that 4 wheels are using to rotate the upper base. The big gear spin by one of the horizontal axis (connected to the hand power) and it has 2 functions. First to rotate the other 3 wheels to support the upper base. Second it have a different rotating direction with the upper base. It is critical to the vertical swing motion of the little air crafts. As a long axis will help bring the motion to the very upper part. I added the red tech connector to stabilise the rotation.

The Upper Base

24044784764_52558c1dcd_c.jpg

The upper base is an octagon tech brick ring, plus the center axis. The base and the axis are rotating in different direction. I use the cylinder brick and a 2x2 round plate (with hole) to lock the Upper base.

This is fantastic! Looks great and nice motion too.

Let's see the upper top's downside.

24305268439_9760f449be_c.jpg

The black 2x2 round plate is very important! It fit into the "chimney" form in the upper base. The chimney's inside wall is flat tiles so I can fit in, rotate and stable the upper top.

24555174112_e0dd56b3c4_c.jpg

I need some outward angle of the 8 tension axis to avoid hitting the decoration light on the upper base. Clip tile/plate join together and form this angle.

Thanks to you all... (10000 supports is really not easy)

Nice work..it really has the same style as the Fairground Mixer... well done!!

This is fantastic! Looks great and nice motion too.

Really nice! Supported the project since this is most likely to turn into a set. Keep up the great work!

This surely is good enough to get my support. :classic:

This looks really nice! It would fit right in with those fairground sets Lego has released recently.

Wow!!! Nice!!! I can't wait to add it to the the Mixer and the Ferris Wheel! I feel a reverse engineering challenge coming on ...

Wow!!! Nice!!! I can't wait to add it to the the Mixer and the Ferris Wheel! I feel a reverse engineering challenge coming on ...

No need to reverse engineering, please support my lego idea.... https://ideas.lego.com/projects/127636

I will post the instruction to Rebrickable if... I feel it will come to be failure soon, hahahaha.....

:oh:

I just spent several minutes looking at the pictures and trying to reconstruct in my mind how this operates.

This model is absolutely brilliant!

I don't own any of the other Fairground sets but am tempted to MOC my own after figuring out yours. I think I'll even dig up my Ideas account (which I haven't accessed since the CUUSOO days) and support, well done!

Hi Guys, I shot a short video of my amusement park. Most of them a official sets. Hope more MOC join in...

24889048371_a2213edd25_c.jpg

:oh:

I just spent several minutes looking at the pictures and trying to reconstruct in my mind how this operates.

This model is absolutely brilliant!

I don't own any of the other Fairground sets but am tempted to MOC my own after figuring out yours. I think I'll even dig up my Ideas account (which I haven't accessed since the CUUSOO days) and support, well done!

Thanks a lot! Please raise any question. I can definitely share more to make you clear about the construction.

Supported ! Good luck with the design - I will happily pay for the plans from Rebrickable should it fail (not that it will :classic:)

thanks all of you! There are almost a month from my first post!

Please support my idea and i will keep promote it to make it happen!