kabel

[ESL - FB] Coastal cutter "El Pato Moreno"

The Eslandolan coastal cutter "Pato Moreno" is used to transport agricultural produce from the plantations to the colonial capital Nova Terreli where they are put on larger ocean going vessels. She is an excellent craft for the shallow shores around Nelissa and often enough used to travel the rivers inland.

On this run she's loaded with cotton ..

builder's note: sorry for the poor quality pics, I will get better ones once I have natural light again tomorrow ...

24773796165_a2816a36d1_c.jpg

24146942373_5972f30767_c.jpg

24145652114_8ff9d0b5dd_c.jpg

She's sleek and trim and nicely tapered and I like the brown/grey/black colorscheme. The sail has a nice aged look, although I would've thought she'd have at least one jib. The tiller is pretty good too.

Hauling cotton would be mundane but that's what it took to make the world go 'round, and it's another new cargo since this all started. Apparently the crewman in the bow thought it was a party cruise though! :grin::laugh: I just hope they don't hit any rough waves and soak their wares.

Overall she's a fine vessel.

Isn't this at least your third freebuild this month? Because I approve.

That's a great boat! I like that, even without hull-parts, she still got a nice atmosphere!

A fine little boat with interesting building technique. I approve both the freebuild AND the guy drinking his sorrows and partying at the bow!

If you need the approval, I approve! Great little boat here, and sorely needed for island economy! I like the atmosphere of the whole setup.

Great to see the cotton being shipped around. I love the variety of ships, great to see we don't only have those huge ocean-sailors. Superb execution, I really like it.

Very cool Coastal Cutter Kabel!!!

Looking forward to see it sailing at Antwerp!

I indexed it as a Class 1 F, is that right?

Nice little catboat, Kabel. As some others have said, it is nice to see the smaller vessels getting some love, and this is a nice example! Further, it is real nice to see such an attentive crew ;)

My only suggestion would be to use some lighter string for the rigging, so that it could be made more taut. And fix the shrouds further back on the hull, so that they hold the mast both sideways and pull it backwards. With the forestay then holding the mast forward, you would have a rigging that could actually work in RL without loosing the mast pirate_satisfied.gif

alright, I've worked in better pics, hope the fp gets across a little better this time.

Anyway, this was was actually just a quick clicking together of bricks since my bigger ships are far from done. I just wanted to participate in the MRCA somehow. So I'm glad it got a least some positive feedback, thanks a lot for that!