A. Skywalker

[MOC][LDD] Sandcrawler for not rich people

Hello everyone!

It's my first post here and my first Lego ideas attempt. I'm sorry because English is not my language. I would like to present my little sandcrawler project. I'm sorry if it's prohibited do that in this forum. No problem if some admin delete this topic, apologies then.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=561965

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/129534

I call it "the new Jawa's sandcrawler for not rich people".

It hasn't been easy to do, but I'm proud of this project. It's a very complete set, with a lot of droids and Jawas, very similar to the original set (75059). The biggest difference is its size, aprox. 1/4 than the original, what makes it much cheaper and available to more people. It has 2 levels inside, with a cockpit in the front of the 2nd floor. You can pull out easily 2 parts of the roof to access inside.

I'm sorry about that, but with LDD program I couldn't join the chains with the rest of the vehicle, but it's fully compatible. Another thing that is missing is a kind of cord or thread to get down and get up the front door.

I think is a very good set to be considered about the people that couldn't buy the big one.

Thanks.

Edited by A. Skywalker

the ideas wont ever get approved they dont do them if they are based of current themes. But does make me want lego to make a midi or microfighter sand crawler

Edited by pittpenguin123

It's

We can't access your pictures; "This file is not yet public"

It's true, I don't know how to make it visible... I don't know if it will be visible with time. Damn

Decent attempt! Will we be seeing this in bricks, or at least a render. Models always look horrendous in LDD without a render! Looking at it more closely however, I can see the model is pretty detailed and has nice features. Good job!

Ahh now that the brickshelf photos are available I can see it in bricks! Fantastic job!

Edited by Ellisss_

The pictures of the built model look pretty good -- much nicer than the digital version. Overall, it is a very nice rendition of the Sandcrawler on a smaller scale.

Wonderful scale - and yes, TLG should really embrace this kind of approach more often.

What would this cost - theoretically - around $80.00 USD?

As this old thread was bumped I should say nice work! I see there's an official "not for rich people" Sandcrawler being released by Lego in 2018.

On 12/23/2017 at 4:07 AM, bataleon said:

As this old thread was bumped I should say nice work! I see there's an official "not for rich people" Sandcrawler being released by Lego in 2018.

If the new one is really for "not rich people" remains to be seen with TLGs current pricing trend. :-)

And if that should be the case, I will gladly attempt to built this excellent MOC (and I wouldn't say no to a LDD file either).