I think he means mounting them somewhere else.

Isn't the position of the counter balance relevant to its function :look::tongue:

Oh I thought he meant for the robot falling to the side(s), now that I think about it they're used to make the arm move more smoothly. oops :tongue:

Hehe. No they are indeed meant to counter balance the robot's arms. Otherwise too much force will be applied to the motors. They won't be able to lift the arms.

Did some more work, its now looking like (sorry its a bit dark)

13528892_10154072052380033_8399164850130730584_n.jpg?oh=182339609d4d76b89b7f2a4d7aa365af&oe=5801DA7E

The show is tomorrow!

Edited by Burf2000

Looks great!

I think you should run the cable inside for it's security.

So I managed to get version 0.1 working for a LEGO Charity show called Bricktastic. It went down really really well.

Videoed this when no one was about

I made one women nearly scream as she never knew it moved and then it suddenly looked at her, people where really impressed with how fast its head / arms moved

The head movement is really awesome and fast!!

The are definitely okay too. I know it's hard to implement.

One thing you don't want is a robot to move too slowly, although you need to work with forces and technical limits. I think you've found the right balance. I am looking into some constructions for the arms of my robot as well.

Wow, it works great, the robotic voice sounds great too!

Do you have it connected to some external power resource or it runs on batteries?

I saw this at the Bricktastic show on Saturday (2/7/2016) it was a bit wobbly when it moved forward, but still very impressive all the same :thumbup:

I saw this at the Bricktastic show on Saturday (2/7/2016) it was a bit wobbly when it moved forward, but still very impressive all the same :thumbup:

It could do with some extra frames at the bottom. Instead of a "single layer frame" maybe a two or three layer frame. But with its height and design, it will probably always be a bit wobbly.

It was a bit wobbly, on Sunday I stopped moving it about so much. However remember its 5 foot tall, the fact it never snapped is beyond me :)

It could also move a lot faster on the floor but that caused even more wobbly

I plan to do another video on what worked and what did not, the lower body (e.g the wobbly bit) was the bit I was most unhappy with. The arms and head worked perfectly :) I would like a rotating torso next :)

Making that head (with red eyes) follow people would be so fun and devious! :D Great work and i want to raid your Technic collection :P

I actually want the eyes to change colour but switching modes on the sensor is slow, need to find a different way to do it

Also, what would people suggest about the base of the robot / legs, to me its poo! Would people box it up?

I really, really like it. Speed of head and arms movements are incredible!