Sign in to follow this  
evilpenguinj

Question about 42039 24 Race Car

Hello Everyone

This is my first post and I am looking forward to talking to you all. I am a newbie to Lego Technic but I just love it. I have built the Street Bike, The Fire Plane and I just got finished building the 24 Race Car. My question is after I finished building the car I had the usual assortment of pieces left but I had one of 4522934: Technic 13M Beam left over. I found other reviews that didn't have that piece left over. Is it possible they just put one extra in my bag by mistake or did I miss something?

Thanks

Jason

If that's the case and I did miss it, I am not sure where. The car is totally together. I would think if I did miss a step I wouldn't be able to continue with the next step? Don't want to have to take it all apart, but I may try to go through the book and see where I went wrong. But that's hard to do with it together.

Jason

I would be surpised if TLG accidentally put one extra beam in the box, as they wheigh the piece bags very carefully three times before shipping. Especially such a heavy brick should habe been noticed by the control system.

I think you really missed out the beam during the build process. You can try looking looking for pins that stand out or asymetrically placed beams, otherwise you will most likely need to compare your car with the instructions :c

Good luck and a warm welcome to EB! \(*o*)/

I agree with Tachnirus, I think you may have missed something. I just had the normal small pieces left over in my 42039. I would suggest you look through your instructions for places where a 13M beam is used and see if you correctly placed the required beam.

I've never had a beam left over from an A model. Good luck

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Yeah, browsing through the instructions booklet and looking for the axles is relatively easy as they usually post a length chart on each page containing beams (liftarms) or axles.

My first thought was an extra part, but it's too big to not to trigger the weighing mechanism in Lego factory.

My second thought was it was for B-model. But nobody else noticed this part being left from the A build.

My third thought was that the part's too big to be a spare and too big to be missed without model's functions and/or structure having flaws, but, hey, who knows? Maybe it was just to reinforce something already strong? Check the booklets.

There probably a few places in the chassis where missing one of those wouldnt immediately make the entire build floppy as hell, the core structure of big modern sets is quite strong, so yeah, missing one of those sounds like a real option.

What color is your extra beam? that might give some clues as to where you might have missed it

What color is your extra beam?

Ain't that the common rule that odd are light blueish gray and even are black, while "specials" (like axles with stops) are dark blueish gray?

Ok I figured it out. There were two of those beams in step 39. I only put one. The one I was missing connected to the engine and I figured it out by looking at a review that showed the undercarriage of the car. Luckily I was able to add it without having to take everything apart!! Thanks for all the replies guys and I feel much better that it's complete and correct now!

Edited by evilpenguinj