davidmull

My new 8x4 foot layout

Hi this is my new layout just picked up the table s which I got the idea off jangbricks.

My old 6x3 layout was a little small so this gives me more space over all. As my laptop is not working i can not use bluebrick to look at layout designs so i went with a similar design again.

Would have liked maybe a change from the old but this seems to work best. Basically i want a train yard on the left and on the right I want to put modulars and a small town scene if possible. Iv only started on modulars so Iv only 1 so far.

Would also like to add my fairground mixer.

Any ideas on the current setup are welcome.

New tables

F7677B14-BD7E-4B6B-B1AB-4B868858A87E.jpg

Old 6x3 layout on bed base.

F34A26DF-D32C-4132-BDC1-4C258A750C0B.jpg

New layout in progress.

6CAB2CF8-633E-46F8-A1D8-0DFB0392C4E3.jpg

Edited by davidmull

Those additional two feet definitely are improving the look of the layout, since the tracks look a bit more spaced out from each other. I will be interested to see where this goes.

Looking good. Alway better to get more room.

Nice I see a small bridge as well. Any plans of raising the tracks as well?

Not sure yet I'm not keen on hills it's not very realistic unless it's very gradual. Made the bridge from spare technic pieces I had.

Would u guys recommend base plates anywhere?

Edited by davidmull

You have managed to put in quite a few features for the space you have. I am currently setting up a ping pong table size layout with two outer rings and city in the middle. Silly question from someone that is just getting back into lego trains: The lego switches, was there two types released??? My Lego switches are the latest ones where by the switch out part of the track curves back. The switches you have used don't seem to do that. The reason I say this is that when I put switches back to back, there is a greater waste of space between the two tracks. I hope what I am trying to explain makes sense....

The switches have been modified to make it more compact to allow for the standard parallel running of the tracks (8 stud gap between tracks).

I have done this myself - it's just a matter of cutting the switches in the right spot. If you do a search you'll be able to find a few examples!

You have managed to put in quite a few features for the space you have. I am currently setting up a ping pong table size layout with two outer rings and city in the middle. Silly question from someone that is just getting back into lego trains: The lego switches, was there two types released??? My Lego switches are the latest ones where by the switch out part of the track curves back. The switches you have used don't seem to do that. The reason I say this is that when I put switches back to back, there is a greater waste of space between the two tracks. I hope what I am trying to explain makes sense....

Yes as said above i modified my switches as standard it takes up to much room. I was going to buy the double switch track but it's expensive and u can't run 2 trains at once. This option u can. And it's an easy mod and can't be seen.

Edited by davidmull