Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

Life in a vineyard - D'Offren vineyards at Breshaun, Le Bellan (FB

It's time for grape harvesting at D'Offren vineyards, Breshaun, Le Bellan. Everybody is running up and down. Grape gathering, squeezing, tasting, putting into barrels and transferring them to a big shadowy cellar. Who needs rum when you got mother nature's sweet wine? :pir-sweet:

P.S: Sorry for the lame photos (taken under really bad yellow lighting and cat continuously pulling the white tablecloth i am using), but i don't know if i have the time to build me any type of enterprise till the end of the month, and i wanted one licenced. If i find time till then, i will shoot the MOC again under sunlight (we do have plenty here in Greece when i am working :pir-angry: )

24557701542_4521988d3f_c.jpgLife in a vineyard by Spy Tha, on Flickr

24047333214_2d0581af8d_c.jpggrape gathering by Spy Tha, on Flickr

24557717012_933c6e7126_c.jpggrape squeezing by Spy Tha, on Flickr

24048691583_8daa3e2b8a_c.jpgfresh wine by Spy Tha, on Flickr

24649283966_bdf75e6717_c.jpgolive tree by Spy Tha, on Flickr

Nice vineyard you've built my friend. Let me start by saying the base looks a little too plain - a little variation in terrain or colors would be nice. But beyond that you have some excellent details. The juice pouring from the wine-press is just lovely. The vines look pretty good and I like the juniors shed (I truly do) and the trees. You have a little bit of everything going on; let's just hope the skunk doesn't join the festivities! :grin:

This is your fourth freebuild, right? I approve.

Edit: How do I know it's your fourth? Because I just tallied up all the current approvals and now you added another build and ruined it! :laugh::grin::laugh::grin:

By the way, how many drowned natives are in the bottom of the press? Is that blood? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. (See what you've done, folks? All this "Oleanders are bloodthirsty" propaganda is rubbing off on me!)

I like this scene a lot.

Edited by Captain Dee

Really good vineyard !

I like your design for the vines. Simple but effective.

The wine press is a bit "rustic", I mean it's not so good for wine to be stepped on ! (And imagine the taste of your wine...)

But I suppose it's for folklore! So yes I approve !

A very active scene to be sure. I like the use of plumes as flowing wine and the various grass stems to add detail to the base plate. Connecting the vines to their supports was quite clever.

I recommend adding some brown dirt paths to add some detail.

Foistly.....I approve! thumbup.gif

By the way, how many drowned natives are in the bottom of the press? Is that blood? default_laugh2.gifdefault_laugh2.gifdefault_laugh2.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist. (See what you've done, folks? All this "Oleanders are bloodthirsty" propaganda is rubbing off on me!)

Beware the Oleander Zealot! lol

The wine press is a bit "rustic", I mean it's not so good for wine to be stepped on ! (And imagine the taste of your wine...)

That's why you use naked ladies....lol, just screen for pubes! :pir_laugh2:

That's great! Espevially the grape-squeezing is lovely! Only point of critique: the ground could use some extra texture... :thumbup:

Nice job my friend!

So.. i make a bottle for the wine.. just for you..!! pirate_tong.gif

wineDOffrenvineyardsBreshaunLeBellan.jpg

Edited by Mpyromaxos

COME ON!!! I wanted to post it myself!!! Ahahahaha, go make a sigfig and jump in! Sea rats (and puny Corries) need punishing!!

P.S: Mpyromaxos, a fellow "Gricks" Athens LUG member and a friend, has skills in Photoshop unlike me as you can see...! pir_laugh2.gif

Ah, the last picture explains the aromas of fine Olean wine. Your secrets are out in the open pir_laugh2.gif:thumbup:

By the way, Oleander wines are skunk free!

@ Captain Dee: Not you too Brutus! WE ARE A PEACEFUL NATION AND DON'T KILL NATIVES FOR FUN!!! Oh, and sorry for mixing up free builds at the last moment pirate_hmpf.gif

@All: Thanks for your kind critique! I must experiment a bit more with ground texturing indeed! Off to better MOCS!

@ Captain Dee: Not you too Brutus! WE ARE A PEACEFUL NATION AND DON'T KILL NATIVES FOR FUN!!! Oh, and sorry for mixing up free builds at the last moment pirate_hmpf.gif

I'm just giving you a hard time on both counts. :grin: With the freebuilds I had to count up a few whose approval period ended this month; besides that it will be an ongoing process. :wink: