Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

The Exetrius Saga (2): Message in Kyrrath

Exetrius Saga

1: Fallen leaf

Episode 2: Message in Kyrrath

It has been a couple of weeks since Exetrius was tasked with the delivery of a letter to a client in Kyrrath. Due to several delays - including many cases of 'side-step exploring', getting lost in an unexpected snowstorm and taking part the annual Carakath festival celebration - he arrived in the City of Purple several days later than planned. If anything, his journey had given him new energy.

Though he had already reached the city of Kyrrath, his instructions for the exact location of his client were a rather vague. The only thing it said was: "Small house with dragon statues." As usual, the addressed person was anonymous... So there he was, walking the streets of Kyrrath, hoping to find the house by luck. He asked around, but nobody knew the place. The city really impressed him, though; such bizarre, intriguing architecture, unlike anything he had seen before. And so much purple.... The stories he had heard turned out to be true.

He found himself in the outskirts of the city, when he saw a small house that matched his descriptions. He stepped towards the door, but someone already came from the garden. To his great surprise, it was his aunt Alicia (Onicius' sister). He hadn't seen her in almost two years. It turned out that she moved to Kyrrath about four months ago.

24550794912_57b691001f_z.jpg

After some some catching up on the state of affairs, Alicia opened the letter. Onicius was the sender! He had probably set this up from the very beginning, Exetrius thought. She visibly enjoyed reading the letter, but suddenly her look neutralized and she shook her head. She handed the letter to Exetrius:

"(...) By the time you receive this letter I am most likely already in Mitgardia, in the high North. I have some important things to figure out here and I will be back in a few weeks. I'd advise my son to head back to headquarters, to practice his Archane magic flow skills (...)"

No doubt that his father was up to something! 'Important business' in the North could only mean one thing right now: Algus business... Now he was certain that his father planned this job from the start; it was to lead him away from The Order and the Algus affairs which it was probably about to deal with. Obviously he wanted to protect him, but this was a nasty trick... darn!

24575044681_9b7ba6410d_z.jpg

He said goodbye to his aunt and embarked on a journey whose path he had yet to determine.

To be continued.... in the next episode: Equipment upgrade

I am back with a build for the Exetrius Saga, I hope you enjoyed it! With the build, I really focused on style consistency with Nocturnus member jaapxaap's builds for his city, Kyrrath. Most of the used techniques were entirely new to me, they were challenging, sometimes frustrating, but fun in the end :classic:

Thanks for viewing and C&C appreciated, as always! :wink:

Edited by Exetrius

You did, for the most part, a great job imitating his style for Kyrrath.My only suggestion for the future would be to texture the roof a bit more. Other than that, excellent.

Nice! Things like this really help cement that everyone's building in the same world- this is your own style, but recognisably Kyrrath! Makes me want to dig out my purple tiles again!

i've been looking forward to this! Lively build, you've improved fastly! Lovely build!

Very nice build! Building cottages/small buildings with much detail can be hard, but you've done an excellent job here! :thumbup:

Lovely little house. And as mentioned, so much detail on such little space

I also endore the colours you have used.

Great MOC ! :classic:

Very good little house. I like these colors !

You rendered very well the nocty style of the city of Kyrrath !

You did, for the most part, a great job imitating his style for Kyrrath.My only suggestion for the future would be to texture the roof a bit more. Other than that, excellent.

Thank you for your compliment and suggestion! I was aware of it, but at this point, I do not own more purple cheese slopes and 1x2 tiles than you can see in this picture. I will certainly try this in the future, if my collection allows it :wink:

Very nice! Look forward to the next piece of the story. :classic:

Thanks! The saga will probably continue soon...

Nice! Things like this really help cement that everyone's building in the same world- this is your own style, but recognisably Kyrrath! Makes me want to dig out my purple tiles again!

I know, right? Diversity and having a very distinct style of your own is nice and all, but I think this is a great way to show appreciation for someone else's work and it enhances the cohesion. I should do a Shadowmere build, someday :wink:

i've been looking forward to this! Lively build, you've improved fastly! Lovely build!

Very nice build! Building cottages/small buildings with much detail can be hard, but you've done an excellent job here! :thumbup:

Lovely little house. And as mentioned, so much detail on such little space

I also endore the colours you have used.

Great MOC ! :classic:

Very good little house. I like these colors !

You rendered very well the nocty style of the city of Kyrrath !

Thank you folks! :classic:

Very nice build!

Great build! I can't wait for the next installment!

Very nice build! The irregular base is cool and I like the landscape colors :thumbup:

Thank you for your compliments! :classic:

I can definitely see jaapxaap's influence here :thumbup: Fun angles and colors, that combine to make an excellent cottage :classic: