Hi eurobrickers!

This is my last helicopter project.

It is based on:

-an Optimal use of Lego blades has a correct scale compared to the their size(i think on TLG heli, they seem to be too short),

-The Realization of swhashplate at 100% based of current official pieces.

In terms of function, we have:

-The Joystick which controls the cyclic pitch of the main rotor, no collective

-rotation Of the two rotors,

-A Winch.

The set of functions is manual. The rotation of the rotor can be upgraded by adding a base comprising a battery box and a medium PFS motor

The swashplate is carried out by means of two superposd floating plates. They are each built around a technic ball.

Photos:

The joystik is located on top of the cokpit and is easy accessible

rY0ikj.jpgmHd0Y5.jpg

2wd6dA.jpg

NiJW1t.jpg

We72nE.jpg

w0DqVo.jpg

HBtJsM.jpg

YudhIg.jpg

enjoy...

Thank you for your feedback!

I must say that the top position of the joystik isn't the best one. I'll try to move it at the rear of the aicraft

I will look on a second model to see how to arrange all this, it will also clear the space inside the cabin. Moving the rear controls will be favorable for this.

Otherwise I advanced on design. On the program: addition of turbines, some details like the refueling boom and projector.

I also have completely revised the driving compass and geometry of the rotor head to find a balance in rotation (eternal problem of lego helicopters: it vibrates). Now it's almost perfect.

In photos:

uun5Lo.jpg

hQIQLh.jpg

WBspHB.jpg

LbSp5k.jpg

gkShsv.jpg

KtFpZX.jpg

RcU2DG.jpg

That's for now, for the first version I find it not too bad. There is the potential on this Moc and at that level there ...;)

Edited by steph77

Great MOC!! Clever rotorhead (without severe vibration), and transmission of movement from the cyclic stick. I like the way you designed the helicopter, and the fact that you only use current lego parts. You obviously know a whole lot about helicopters, and you are able to translate this knowledge into clever lego builds. I don't think most people appreciate how difficult it is to make a helicopter such as this one. Keep up the great work, you really inspire me to stretch my goals.

thanks for your feedbak, all :wink:

I love builing hellicopters, for a while, and this moc is a step forward in my work to perfect realism but ... it still does not have collective control (i know how it works remember my huey)

Does someone know if the part i use to articulate the swashplate exist but without friction???

This could mean it is possible to build the same one + collective control :wink:

Edited by steph77

Could you use an old-style gearbox driving ring (or driving ring extension) sliding over a smooth axleconnector?

You have to figure out a way to make the surrounding swashplate though

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

The advantage of the actual solution is that i have a stable and reliable construction for the swasplate.

My goal with a no friction technic ball joint would be to place a soft spring on the uper part of the mast just apon the swashplate so the two parts of it would be in permanent contact....

I already thought about the driving ring extension part for it's slidin ablity but didn't find a way to articulate something aroud it :sceptic:

hi all

you'll find in attachement a first version of the LXF file with the model almost completed. All the rotor mecha is done. Somme parts are not fixed together but i am not a pro of that sotware

p6bj0k.png

Enjoy :wink:

Edited by steph77

Done!

Almost complete. just little adjustement due to (very little) stress on parts making them drawing impossible but the general idea is there.

See in attachement...

EDIT removed attachement file. Go to Mocpage to find it back

Edited by steph77

Hi !

Really nice MOC ! :wub:

I have build my version with the LDD files. More or less 5 hours.

Thanks you.

207745000.jpg

Mechanic are really simple and efficient.

I thinks i will build a motorised support.

hi, (salut clément :) )

thanks a lot for building one of my mocs :classic:

A motorised support is a effective good idea. see the vid for mine.

Did someone else build it?

Edited by steph77