Gideon

[OL - FB2] Blessing of Poseidon

Before setting out on his travel to the colonies, Gideon Saulse de Bothnia does what every sensible Oleander should do before traveling the seas which is to seek the blessing of Poseidon over his enterprise. An offering of different kinds of food must surely please the Ruler of the Seas!

24039544893_12f17247bb_c.jpg

Oh, yeah! Get the blessing fast and come running to Breshaun! We got work to do!

Super stylish and great shooting as always!

Beautiful little build, Gideon. The white architectural elements really look perfect and the gold elements are the best accent color in my opinion. I also like how you've interspersed bits of green among the cobblestone. Besides filling out the base better it also looks more realistic, like moss or something.

I see you've titled this as your first freebuild. Will you be counting your character intro topic as a freebuild too?

Good work as always.

I am impressed by how textured and great looking you all make it look with relatively few pieces. Whenever I want to make things less flat, I end up using a ton of bricks and unnecessary amount of snotting.

May your gods favor you, and may the winds carry you to MCTC settlements. You are more than welcome. Bring your trade and/or doubloons pir_laugh2.gif

Oops, this should be freebuild #2 for January. Could a mod update it to OL - FB2?

Edited by Gideon

Clearly the barometer and the metereological office are more important "shrines" than that superstitious remnant of a past long gone? pirate_wink.gif But one should expect nothing more from you fanatical Oleanders! pirate_laugh2.gif

Beautiful little shrine, Gideon! It looks really nice angled on the plate like that, and the columns look really nice with those capitals. Very well done, sir!

Nice little build Gideon, the sand green looks remarkably good along with the white, and I like the fruit on the plate there pirate_wink.gif The build does seem to be missing a little something to really make it pop though (not including the beard! pir_laugh2.gif), but I can't quite put my finger on what that would be. It certainly isn't the photography anyways! pirate_satisfied.gif

Oops, this should be freebuild #2 for January. Could a mod update it to OL - FB2?

pirate_wink.gif

That's a very good build.

I like this roof made of olive green.

And you are offering good fruits to Poseidon, that's nice ! (Even an apple !) it's sure he will grant you his bless with that !

With the blessing of Poseidon I'm sure you will have a prosperous voyage. Besides, who needs sextants and barometers when you have the god of the seas on your side :laugh:.

The build is well done. The sand green roof complements the rest of the structure quite nicely, and the pillars look good. I'm not sold on the green tiles on the gray tiles; it looks like grass is growing on the stone which doesn't seem right (though I suppose it could be moss).

Thats a very clean build, love the sand green in the roof, the pillars and the cobblestones

Thanks! Finally found some use for those sand green slopes :classic:

Lovely little temple! May Poseidon protect you

Thanks! May the Lord of the Seas bring you good tailwinds as well!

Oh, yeah! Get the blessing fast and come running to Breshaun! We got work to do!

Super stylish and great shooting as always!

First stop on the travels is of course Le Bellan!

Beautiful little build, Gideon. The white architectural elements really look perfect and the gold elements are the best accent color in my opinion. I also like how you've interspersed bits of green among the cobblestone. Besides filling out the base better it also looks more realistic, like moss or something.

Good work as always.

Thanks! The gold was more a product of which colors those parts were available in, but I'm glad you think it worked out :classic:

I am impressed by how textured and great looking you all make it look with relatively few pieces. Whenever I want to make things less flat, I end up using a ton of bricks and unnecessary amount of snotting.

May your gods favor you, and may the winds carry you to MCTC settlements. You are more than welcome. Bring your trade and/or doubloons pir_laugh2.gif

Texturing is a powerful tool indeed. I'm not entirely happy with the base for the temple here however, with some more time I should probably have made it look a bit more worn.

Clearly the barometer and the metereological office are more important "shrines" than that superstitious remnant of a past long gone? pirate_wink.gif But one should expect nothing more from you fanatical Oleanders! pirate_laugh2.gif

Beautiful little shrine, Gideon! It looks really nice angled on the plate like that, and the columns look really nice with those capitals. Very well done, sir!

Those alchemical tools claim they can predict the weather?!? How can it be then that so many ships still sink to the bottom of the sea? It must clearly be the work of Poseidon when they have not pleased him!

OoC: Thanks! Angling elements of a build is something I've found to be very powerful in its simplicity to make a build feel more elaborate :wink:

Indeed a lovely little build! Excellent work!

Thanks!

Nice little build Gideon, the sand green looks remarkably good along with the white, and I like the fruit on the plate there pirate_wink.gif The build does seem to be missing a little something to really make it pop though (not including the beard! pir_laugh2.gif), but I can't quite put my finger on what that would be. It certainly isn't the photography anyways! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you!

(Thanks for fixing the build title as well!)

That's a very good build.

I like this roof made of olive green.

And you are offering good fruits to Poseidon, that's nice ! (Even an apple !) it's sure he will grant you his bless with that !

Thanks! Of course Poseidon should have the best fruits from the land! :wink:

With the blessing of Poseidon I'm sure you will have a prosperous voyage. Besides, who needs sextants and barometers when you have the god of the seas on your side :laugh:.

The build is well done. The sand green roof complements the rest of the structure quite nicely, and the pillars look good. I'm not sold on the green tiles on the gray tiles; it looks like grass is growing on the stone which doesn't seem right (though I suppose it could be moss).

Thanks! You seem to have understood how things work in the world (unlike someone in a previous comment :wink:)

The reason for the green tiles on the lbg tiles were simply that I changed around the minifig posing a bit from the original build (so that the fruit would be visible) and that I didn't like the exposed hollow studs on the 2x2 jumpers that it left me with...and covering them up felt easier than swapping them for regular tiles...

Great to see some more of the religion. And what an amazing execution.

Thanks! I hope we see many more buildings related to the Oleander faith as I think it adds some nice dynamics to the characters if that dimension is also present in BoBS :classic: