Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

The Cuckoo Clock House and Enchanted Tree

indexed.gif B-RV-4C

Well, hello there! ;-)

I'm going to start off by saying this is the entry for Hinckley's house contest. But I have so many pictures, I felt it deserved it's own thread, plus I've got extra pics with members of EB. I hope that's OK! X-D

Anyway, this little, oddly tudor shaped house is supposed to be like a cuckoo clock. It is where the figments of my imagination and I live! X-D Notice the huge clock face and the ornate birds. Also, I decided to make a tree, a very BIG tree compared to the house. It is overwhelming, but look closely. The branches form huge hands! This tree is seperated from the house, and to get to it (it is a very peaceful spot, with a balcony) one would need to cross the rope bridge. You may notice I used tan bricks for the rocks. I felt using gray would be too orthadox! ;-) To the left of the house, there is a cliff, and two old birch trees.

Personally, I like the unorthadox colour scheme of lime green and pink (and a little light blue). It is very unique! :-P

The interior is nothing spectacular. Just a small, comtemporary chair on floor #1, a big TV on fllor #2 and the attic on floor #3 (The roof opens up for easy access to the attic). (IMAGE HEAVY!)

8-9.jpg

9-9.jpg

91-5.jpg

92-4.jpg

93-4.jpg

94-4.jpg

95-4.jpg

96-3.jpg

97-3.jpg

98-1.jpg

99-1.jpg

Here are some extra pictures: I invited some EB members' to my new home! ;-)

Overview:

1-17.jpg

The evil Field Marshal Nadroj being punished by God: ;-)

2-17.jpg

2nd Story, clock face, and roof:

3-16.jpg

A surprise whacking with pillows by Hinckley and PSPguy! :-D

4-17.jpg

*vader* and *yoda* next to the river:

5-16.jpg

Sinner and my Parrot:

6-14.jpg

Bonaparte and Governor Nadroj talking 'bout conquering: ;-)

7-13.jpg

Everyone all together!

Sir Nadroj, Governor Nadroj, Field Marshal Nadroj, Parrot, Mutant Sinner, Hinckley, PSPguy, *yoda* , *vader* , Bonaparte, and God:

991-1.jpg

Thanks guys ~ I'll post this is the entry thread soon! ;-) Oh, here's the MOC page: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/39856

Edited by Phred

Wow! I am speechless.....ok I'm not. I really like that tree and the clock with the parrots. I would easily give this a 5. Good job *y*

A very charming MOC with a great landscaping and a very fine color scheme indeed! *y*

Battle of pillows on! :'-)

I'm standing next to God :-D

Another proof of your creativity and imagination.

This is a fantastic MOC with some good details.

And I really like the colors you used.

Thanks guys! *sweet*

Wow! I am speechless.....ok I'm not. I really like that tree and the clock with the parrots. I would easily give this a 5. Good job *y*

Thanks!

But a 5 out of what..... 8-|

;-)

Interesting MOC - I like the tree, lots of cool guest appearances.

Wanders off...dreaming that Doctor Sinister might one day rank Guest Star status in something cool...

:-D

Dr. S.

Interesting MOC - I like the tree, lots of cool guest appearances.

Wanders off...dreaming that Doctor Sinister might one day rank Guest Star status in something cool...

:-D

Dr. S.

Thanks! *sweet*

We'll see about that apperance. ;-) I'm not sure if I have your torso on hand though.... 8-|

Great work and such an original palette of colours represented! *y*

What colour are the 4x4 rounded fences used for the balcony? I can tell they aren't brown, but they don't look red either, so I'm lost ...

Oh, and why is it that everytime someone (I'd have sworn it was you before, too) uses a baguette in one of these, it looks mildly obscene? 8-

Very nice! I especially like your clock. If you excuse me, I believe I'll follow the good Doc S.'s lead and dream about such guest appearances.

Thanks guys! *sweet*

And imperial shadows, I gave *yoda* a baguette to distinguish the fact he's french! :-P

Thats pretty good but why do you live in your own mind? Feel free to use me whenever you want. *y*

Pillow whacking ON!

Thats pretty good but why do you live in your own mind? Feel free to use me whenever you want. *y*

Pillow whacking ON!

Thanks ~ but the house isn't in my mind. The others living in it are! ;-)

Excellent job Sir Nadroj. The clock itself is a little oddly colored-okay-very oddly colored. Why did you choose colors that clash that way-lime green and hot pink? I assume it is a choice of self-expression. As always, the whole thing is very well built and creative. I like the way you've done the water here! *wub* and the killer tree is awesome. I'll bet it could give a good whack! Speaking of which, I have one more complaint: Why would I ever whack someone with a pillow? Where are the rocks and hammers? *wacko*

Great job, buddy. *sweet* *y*

I do wonder, 5 out of what? I could similarly give it a 62. :-P

very nice Sir Nadroj,i'm really lovin' that tree.and the whole moc is great,great landscape,great clock(or better than I could do).I give it a 9.5/10.hinckley what was your 62 out of?

very nice Sir Nadroj,i'm really lovin' that tree.and the whole moc is great,great landscape,great clock(or better than I could do).I give it a 9.5/10.hinckley what was your 62 out of?

Actually I don't like rating MOCs with a number. It comes off as smug. IMO, we should comment as equals not as a judge. Assigning something a number on a scale sounds like you have authority over the designer. That being said, I gave a 62-if you bothered to read what I was responding to-based on the arbitrary 5 that Exo_builder gave it :-D :-D so the 62 was out of nothing.

:-P

Scale rating MOCs off!!

Actually I don't like rating MOCs with a number. It comes off as smug. IMO, we should comment as equals not as a judge. Assigning something a number on a scale sounds like you have authority over the designer. That being said, I gave a 62-if you bothered to read what I was responding to-based on the arbitrary 5 that Exo_builder gave it :-D :-D so the 62 was out of nothing.

Scale rating MOCs off!!

I'd give this post a 6.

I'd give this post a 6.

:-D :-D :-D I'd give your face a 1. :-P

Erm... don't wanna say much, but have you looked at your sigfig lately? X-D

Oh, it burns! :-P

No, I mean looking at his face :-X

Hey, IS, want some garlic?....

Seriously, though, this topic is getting a little unruly. Remember, we're talking about Nadroj's awesome tree house-thing, not rambling about ugly faces and trying to get brownie points. Wait, scrap that last one. Still, though, BACK ON TOPIC!

There's your stern lecture *sad* .

Back on topic (this could be a first for me!) I really like this. *wub* The colours are really odd (especially the roof), but I still think it works. Why is the clock in the middle of the tower and not the top? That tree is really cool and I think the rushing river effect works well. Which one of the mini-figs is you? :-D The pillow fight was a nice touch! (Thanks for including "me"!)

Overall I rate this MOC as 3.1415926535897932.

Back on topic (this could be a first for me!) I really like this. *wub* The colours are really odd (especially the roof), but I still think it works. Why is the clock in the middle of the tower and not the top? That tree is really cool and I think the rushing river effect works well. Which one of the mini-figs is you? :-D The pillow fight was a nice touch! (Thanks for including "me"!)

Overall I rate this MOC as 3.1415926535897932.

Thanks for giving my MOC a pi! :-D