Tomsche

[COR - FB3] The Quinnsville Commerce House

My latest piece for the Brethren of the Brick Seas, this will be a `Commerce building - small 16x16` when I get the 25 doubloons needed to register it... and the land where the city of Quinnsville will be founded is sorted out.

P1150112_zpse3wmjioe.jpg

The house is the location anyone wanting to do trade with in the city will be registring their enterprise, and serves as the place of contact for the MAESTRO Trade Company in the new land, where Lewin Daggenholl keeps the city and company charters for the mayor.

P1150116_zpsfecuj9mk.jpg

P1150118_zpsbm71qbsd.jpg

While his wife will serve the waiting traders a refreshing drink, his only worry at times is where his up to no good daughter Harley is hanging out again. Ever since she stated she wanted to become a circus performer instead of a lady befitting her stature as daughter of one of the most influential man on the island, his mood has been terrible. Even the kitty he bought her, Batsey, is more trouble then it`s worth... oh, the "joys" of puberity.

P1150117_zpstly78ekh.jpg

P1150114_zpscuij8jxy.jpg

The building is made on a 16x16 baseplate, sharing the same cobblestone style as the foundry earlier and a warehouse I once build for GOH (my `Store phase 3'). The store has been recycled to go into the Quinnsville layout I hope to start on very soon, as both side beaches for the modular are already completed, but need to be `equipped` still with build on them. That way, when the initial three plates are locked together, it becomes one long connecting road, great for adding consistency to the whole city.

P1150115_zpsx2v7piih.jpg

Of course, the building flies all the main colours, from left to right the Quinnsville flag, the MAESTRO trade company flagg and the Corrington royal flag.

P1150113_zpsfo1kemkl.jpg

Hope you like it!

And if you`re not a royal subject of the Queen Annetta of Corrington, any approvals and thumbs ups are appreciated as this is my third freebuild of the month.

Really cool building! I like the central pillar! (btw: that MAESTRO flag looks really good in netwerk the black and red)

:thumbup:

Edited by TitusV

That is definitely a unique building - and it looks pretty good! Those are my favorite windows and the Brick Bounty look of the lower level is neat. I like the walk-out design of the top floor - it would give a commanding view of the surroundings. The big center column is kind of distracting though. It competes with the other interior details.

Judging from her attire, I think Harley's biggest problem is that she's been watching too much Pirates of the Caribbean!

I find the bra-shaped white of the Quinnsville flag a bit humorous. They must've been ahead of their time.

Good build overall and I approve.

Nice building and that pillar is indeed a nice venetian style touch. What strikes me as odd though are the tons of flags at the roof. Or are they only for photographing reasons? In any case,

I approve!

Ow, I thought that white in the flag were supposed to be eyes...

Anywho, very cool build! My advice for future MOC's is tiles :) whenever you got the chance to visit Wijnegem, buy a pub with tiles :D

It does a lot for an interior!

Approved!

Nice building, although I have to agree the flags make it a bit top-heavy, and tiles would be easier on the feet. As for the story, parenthood ain't easy!

I approve.

Great !

Another commercial build for MAESTRO !

That is a good build, I like the balcony. As Maxim said, a tiled interior is great, but it's not disturbing here, specially in a young Colony.

I approve !

The white in the middle isn`t a bra hehehe

12571237_1731164450449452_991572274_n_zps3rfl3pau.jpg

Or are they only for photographing reasons? In any case,

Mah, she is going to be the middle building in a trade street, hence she gets the flags :-)

Nice little build, Tomsche. You've included a lot of nice details, although I would suggest a cleaner style. It seems like it a bit to cluttered with all the studs, different colours, flags, and very low floors.

I would suggest tryring for finer finish, but otherwise nice build!

Ow, I thought that white in the flag were supposed to be eyes...

Boobs... Boobs everywhere! pirate_laugh2.gif

Just a quick question now that the `3 weeks to get approvals` have past.

I count 6 of them above, so that means I can add 3 doubloons to my `ledger of income` for february right?

And since I`ve licensed it (about a minute from now into the future) on the not yet existing Quinnsville location, this means she will start generating income to be payed out at the end of march?

Yes, you'll be awarded 3 DBs for this at the end of the month when the MCRA and freebuild results are calculated.

And yes, it should generate income to be awarded at the end of March.

Nice build, I especially liked the attention you gave to the interior detail. Not sure about mixing up yellow and flesh coloured mini figs though.