Sign in to follow this  
gui45

My creations, ships, fort...

thindexedgif.gif Prudence III 38b

Hello, I haven't posted here for a long time, I have recently got back into Lego creations and improved my frigate and my other ship project. I thought I could share them with you. I hope you will enjoy them.

Here's the link to my brickshelf gallery :

My gallery

previews :

f1.jpg_thumb.jpg

v1.jpg_thumb.jpg

1.jpg_thumb.jpg

I really like the first picture. Good job. I like the color scheme of it all.

Very interesting.... your frigate looks very nice with an impressive gun deck, your fort

Thanks for the nice comments.

The big stern is a nearly finished project. It's meant to be a cutaway. I'm waiting for some parts to finish it and I'm also thinking about adding some details, and maybe a mast. But what I really want to do is to add "shutters" (I don't know the English term for "mantelets de sabords") before the guns but I can't find a proper way to do so because I don't want to alter the constructions behind, I have tried so many things but I keep trying to find the good idea.

Edited by gui45

Welcome back here!!

Your WIP ship looks impressive.

Especially the gun deck and balcony are nice.

What about the fort? Are you going to do some more work on it?

Have you posted it before? It looks familiar from somewhere. A place in which I cannot remember... ARGH!!!

Ah, excellent creations! I really like that dock of yours, you should deffinately expand that one into a port!

Your ship and your ship in progress looks great as well!

Nice creations, I especially like the big ship La Prudence III and the small fortress.

You need to work on the yellowing (discoloring) of your white and light grey pieces though, that does not look too good.

Yes I had already posted that fort and had since made no change on it . I don't really intend to add things. I like working on shapes but I may be not that good about details, and I also like realism in a certain extent.

The discoloration of my light parts is a real issue (the dust is another one) but I have old parts, some of them may be 20 years of age, and they were in a smoker's room. The fact is that I don't really want to spend a lot of money in LEGO parts so it will unfortunately stay like this. Besides I prefer buying parts for my ships which are what really matters to me.

The discoloration of my light parts is a real issue (the dust is another one) but I have old parts, some of them may be 20 years of age, and they were in a smoker's room. The fact is that I don't really want to spend a lot of money in LEGO parts so it will unfortunately stay like this. Besides I prefer buying parts for my ships which are what really matters to me.

Smoking and indirect light is bad for white bricks. Have you tried to follow TLC's official advice to put them in direct sunlight? This would reverse the yellowing.

I always tend to soak the yellowed bricks in bleach and add an equal amount of water to the bowl (about 50 - 50 would be OK). Put the bricks in for a week max (if you keep them in longer, they might become brittle and loose much of their original gloss) and you will see that some of the bricks will really improve and become less yellow or turn completely white again.

I like the docks especially. I really like land MOCs.

I also think the ships are pretty good. Has Phred added it to the index yet?

I like the balcony/window structure on the stern of that ship. I am not sure we see enough balconied ships (ala Soleil Royal) around here!!

Yes I had already posted that fort and had since made no change on it . I don't really intend to add things. I like working on shapes but I may be not that good about details, and I also like realism in a certain extent.

Fairs enough then!

What's happening with this ship at the moment?

v1.jpg_thumb.jpg

I like the ships they are nice... however the first smaller frigate is not a frigate but a corvette or if it is an English ship it is a sloop of war.... the large frigate looks great so far......

I consider it a frigate in what I call the Lego world scale, if we look at what Lego produced in their sets my ship can easily be considered as a frigate. Also keep in mind it has a totally covered gundeck. Of course in the real world it could be considered as a corvette.

@ Mister Phes : I'm still working on it, adding nice fences for example but I'm waiting for some parts I ordered. I also try to hide the studs here and there, I like smooth constructions.

My big ship is not built to be studless but I like smooth walls for ships.

The fort study in the file "essais" was a previous and uncompleted project, I wanted to build this fort :

103.jpg

it is the Petit B

It's interesting to see a dock that's built up from the sea, we always tend to have them low-lying. The island fortress would be my fav, it has a kinda more boxy mediterranean feel and given the troops look British it could be somewhere like Malta.