SkaForHire

[COR - FB 2] The Bounty Office at Arlinsport

(Sorry, these pictures, and those for the Swift Packet, are some of the worst I have ever taken, but I don’t have good lighting right now.)

24550407401_65b4aaf094_c.jpgcollecting bountys by skaforhire, on Flickr

Lord Peter Tucker is the current Justice of the Peace for Arlinsport. He works out of one of the few Crown buildings, the Bounty Office. Although paying bounties is only a small part of his job, most people refer to him as the Bounty Bursar. Lord Tucker is known as a rough and tough character, who gave up live at his vast estate outside of Belson when the Queen personally asked him to bring peace and justice to Tiberia. Three years ago, Tiberia was very un-Corrinton-like, disorderly, chaotic, and unprosperous. Tucker has since turned the colonial town around.

Today Tucker awaits the arrival of Pierre De’Boge, an Oleon miscreant that had broken trade laws in Tiberia by importing Oleon sugar without a license. Not paying the tariff is serious business, as it takes money out of the pocket of the sovereign.

24606424356_4dab139f36_c.jpgDSC_2487 by skaforhire, on Flickr

Here the marine that caught De’Borge is marching the man up in irons to collect his reward. From here, the culprit will be taken to the small jail in town. On the steps of the Bounty Office is Barnaby MacDonald. He has already spent the small percentage of the reward for De’Borge’s capture which he earned through tipping off Lord Tucker. Now, barely able to walk, the old sea hand pokes fun at his old acquaintance.

24606418216_8684428945_c.jpgDSC_2490 by skaforhire, on Flickr

MacDonald taunts De’Borge in some unintelligible gibberish, and Tucker sighs. It has been a good half a year since he had a real criminal come through his door, maybe it is a sign of his efficiency, but he sure misses the rough and tumble days of the recent past in Arlinsport.

Oh, hopefully this Pierre Deborge is one of the captains that has suffered the indignity of receiving one of Captain Daffyd "Splattersquawk" Prows' "special shots." Pity the Dark Narwhal won't be near Arlinsport any time soon. The Corrington "Political Officer" Byron Messuir has related some interesting things about Lord Tucker, and Captain Prows would like to meet the man.

Well whaddya know... our esteemed Faction Leader & Project Overlord knows a thing or two about MOCing! But it only makes sense - you don't get that position by being a complete dunce. That's why I'm not in control - I'm still struggling with the concept of matching shapes and colors and still can't tie my own shoes.

Okay, enough nonsense. This is indeed a unique building and a lovely one at that. The green roof is beautiful and I like the stacked windows. I generally don't like the use of purple unless I have a creative use for it and this is definitely a creative and appealing use. The angled flags look really neat hanging out over the entryway. It's a very eye-pleasing build overall. Good work.

I really dig that sand green roof tiling.... has a nice weathered feel....like slate covered in lichens....

Altough I'm no fan of purple, it works really well here. Nice build!

It feels like Harry Potter with all that purple! :D

Can we get bounty missions from this place?

That is the plan in the future, I licensed it as commercial, as Tucker is part of Woodbrose's (my sig fig) entourage. Even though it is a government position, it is still a business to the holder of the commission, as they are paid commission on bounties. However, I think we might run some bounty mini-challenges in a few months, and I will use the bounty office as the catalyst for this.

Nice story and cool building, Ska.

I am impressed you can find the time for building with all the administrative task you have in running this! But anyways, real life is overrated! pir_laugh2.gif

I should think that amount of purple detailing would make it look rather girly, but for some reason it doesn't. Again, alternative colours prove they are actually of more use than normally assumed!

Will be looking forward to bounty mission!

Well whaddya know... our esteemed Faction Leader & Project Overlord knows a thing or two about MOCing! But it only makes sense - you don't get that position by being a complete dunce. That's why I'm not in control - I'm still struggling with the concept of matching shapes and colors and still can't tie my own shoes.

Okay, enough nonsense. This is indeed a unique building and a lovely one at that. The green roof is beautiful and I like the stacked windows. I generally don't like the use of purple unless I have a creative use for it and this is definitely a creative and appealing use. The angled flags look really neat hanging out over the entryway. It's a very eye-pleasing build overall. Good work.

Nonsense, yeah right. pirate_wink.gif Don't you worry, little mr. Dee - W-E... A-R-E.... H-E-R-E.... T-O.... H-E-L-P.... Y-O-U..! pirate_laugh2.gif

Yeap, definitely a hotspot for aspiring Oleander officers! And what a splendid building. Easily fitting in any big town of the era.

Sweet MOC!!! I really love the purple touches :)

Also amazing job with the sandgreen tiles for roof

Great build, and as usual with some great backstory to it, filling BoBS with even more life and variety. The roof is really cool.

What I also love is that it really fits the style of "not built for eternity, not very old, but also not built in a rush within the last few hours", which is exactly what I'd expect of a colony such as Arlinsport.

What disturbs me a bit though is that the same tone of purple (which generally is a great addition and gives lots of life to this building) is used in many different spots for obviously different purposes (Lord Peter stands on it, so some kind of solid floor; it's above his head, so some kind of lighter ceiling; it's along the wall as ornaments; it's at the lamp-post; it's Lord Peter's coat).