I also like this set most of all but I will try to change the orange parts to yellow and black.

Btw. can anybody find a presentation video of VOLVO? Thanks.

Im on same boat, but for real vehicle there is great video

Dear KLF, there is video for volvo

All is great, still want it, but the wheels are an eyesore :(

I do realise that Lego doesn't have the right wheels for the Volvo, but these are terrible

Why didn't they go all the way and design ones for the Volvo, they could be used for tractors, and so many other vehicles.

Love it. Might needs some upgrade, but well packed with functions.

Regarding B model, how do they do that bigger bucket? Or do they just put 2 of the existing ones side by side to mimick this bigger one?

Regarding B model, how do they do that bigger bucket? Or do they just put 2 of the existing ones side by side to mimick this bigger one?

The L30 can be a forklift

http://cdn-2.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/newvehicles/2013/nv342288_0.jpg

or a snowplough

http://www.wickibaumaschinen.ch/files/9114/4499/9010/DSC04052.JPG

many possibilities

they could leave the bucket out in the B model

I would have preferred it if this set was the biggest but even as the smallest it's still got 1100 pieces and pneumatics so it's not all bad. Thank god the flagship was so enormous, it left room for the other two sets to still have decent complexity and part counts.

I'll always be sad that the one chance to have a lego volvo ew160 wasn't a flagship but it's probably one of the best "smaller" sets I've even seen. As close to a spiritual successor to 8837 as we'll get too!

I didn't notice it at first, but it's nice to see some studded bricks used in the excavator boom:

lego-technic-volvo-ew-42053-international-toy-fair-2016-zusammengebaut-andres-lehmann-945x630.jpg

I'm a little bit let down by the lack of a mechanism or gearing for the outriggers and the blade. Could this be because the battery box of the optional PF is stored in the chassis and its space claim makes any functions beside steering impossible?

I would have preferred it if this set was the biggest but even as the smallest it's still got 1100 pieces and pneumatics so it's not all bad. Thank god the flagship was so enormous, it left room for the other two sets to still have decent complexity and part counts.

I'll always be sad that the one chance to have a lego volvo ew160 wasn't a flagship but it's probably one of the best "smaller" sets I've even seen. As close to a spiritual successor to 8837 as we'll get too!

8851 to me - man, I am old :-)

If the price is around the £70 mark I will get this as I need those pnuematics. These are great sets.

H

Yes apparently. We can't see a spring and the post is thick, so perhaps the spring is inside now. It also may be blue but this is not clear in the video.

2797c02.gif

It occurred to me just now that this may be the cheapest set that has Pneumatics. At least for this century.

It occurred to me just now that this may be the cheapest set that has Pneumatics. At least for this century.

I believe that is what makes this set the winner of this year's Technic's line-up. It is "big enough", looks good (except for crappy wheels), provides sought-after parts for decent price (because it does not contain PF elements).