And will this part not colide with a potential load?

That was my initial tought too, but it seems like this mechanicm is some kind of a "claw" so I suppose it doesn't affect it's main purpose that much. Unless that atachement is used as a fork(lift). Worst case scenairo is that you put that knob on the other end of the axle. :classic:

Edited by model850

It is a petty that we do not see the full picture of the back of the box - that would clear most speculations - or is there somewhere a picture?

It's strange that we have no picture of the box - the front-side - yet. At least no proper picture.

really I cannot understand why the person who shot that picture did not took the whole box....

Nobody is interested in the volvo :(

We are very interested in the Volvo :) I'm saving my VIP points for that they should just cover it.

My 3 year old can't wait to get his hands on that and the Claas - I haven't shown him the BWE yet / it'll blow his mind!

This is the set i'm most excited about. Good functions, looks great and not too many parts. That means: a good price. The other sets are half baked in my opinion, except for the Porsche, which looks great.

tgrbailey my 3 years old son also looks forward for that Volvo :) :) and this is the set that I am looking for too

Maybe there will be some better picture of the back of the box which will show us more details :)

I really hope it will be as 8049 where you could "motorize" pneumatics with PF as mini-pump was included in the set.

Edited by AOW

Nobody is interested in the volvo :(

I consider this a very, very good set. This will probably be the first one I get from the 2H sets, unless there's an exceptional deal somewhere on the Claas.

The pf upgrade will most likely be like 8049, it had 2 pneumatic cylinders,1 hand pump and a spare small pump and parts for the pf upgrade kit, all for $60.

I really hope they include a small compressor for motorisation, as 8049 had. If not then it would be the cab raising that would be the PF motorised function.

Of the 4 2H2016 kits, this is the one I'm most likely to buy in multiple; good job it's the cheapest of the four!

More pneumatic parts are always welcome, just a shame it doesn't have the 1x11 cylinder too. The real Volvo has an extra function but I guess it would have been difficult to fit 3x cylinders across the arm width.

Like the Arocs truck, this set will also have enough pneumatic parts to do automatic machines as started by the alternative model of 8868 in 1991.

I also like the orange tubes (3 in the set). A 4M orange tube would be ideal to represent cable conduit on a railway layout, better than the trans-orange bars I have used up to now.

A few of the other orange pieces might find their way into my Technic moving BB-8 droid.

Mark

From technicfactory (http://www.technicfa...hnic-2016-sets/)-

Lego Technic 42053 Volvo EW 160E

Under Volvo licence, this excavator with wheels includes pneumatic functions for arm, manual stabilizers, and front shovel. Cabin can also be raised, like on real vehicle, to have a better vision of work done. Regarding pneumatic, sadly there are no air tanks to store air under pressure, but a new pump allow to have better pressure in pneumatic system.

Parts : Approx 1000, without Power Functions, with Pneumatic

Estimated Retail Price : USA: $129.99, Europe: 119.99€

Edited by Kman860

I don't know if this website is credible. The same price for CLAAS and VOLVO? The same price for BWE and Porsche? And by Porsche they think that this is the deffinitive color scheme of Porsche and you can just decide if apply the camouflage stickers or not. ;)

From technicfactory (http://www.technicfa...hnic-2016-sets/)-

Lego Technic 42053 Volvo EW 160E

Under Volvo licence, this excavator with wheels includes pneumatic functions for arm, manual stabilizers, and front shovel. Cabin can also be raised, like on real vehicle, to have a better vision of work done. Regarding pneumatic, sadly there are no air tanks to store air under pressure, but a new pump allow to have better pressure in pneumatic system.

Parts : Approx 1000, without Power Functions, with Pneumatic

Estimated Retail Price : USA: $129.99, Europe: 119.99€

I agree with KLF. 119€?! It will be around 90 (+/-10€).

Edited by Starmort

When taken everything into consideration (parts, price, potential it COULD have) im amazed how this set passed through the quality control tests. Seriously, the outcome is ridiculous; almost 1200 pieces (more than 8043) and 120 euros, but yet only 3 pneumatic cylinders with one of them being just a mini, and then simple lever controlled outriggers and front blade?!

Ya, I didn't really read the rest, just read the Volvo, but now I see what you guys mean.

It's crazy that the this set "only" costs EUR 90 whilst set 42052 (Heavy Lift Helicopter, 1042 parts) costs EUR 120.

Heavy Lift Helicopter: no license, 1042 parts - EUR 120

Volvo EW160E: licensed set, 1166 parts - EUR 90

But it's great to see - the collaboration between Volvo and TLG seems awesome. I'm sure Volvo doesn't want any license tax from TLG - win-win situation!

Keep it up LEGO ... and Volvo :wink:

If anything, Volvo might actually be paying TLG, and that can subsidize the price of this set.

If anything, Volvo might actually be paying TLG, and that can subsidize the price of this set.

I don't mind - great set, great price ... what else do you wish for???

I don't mind - great set, great price ... what else do you wish for???

Exactly. :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

Hello,

in the video from zusammengebaut.com was said in German, that the B-Model of 42053 is the Volvo L30G. There is no backside of box shown.

Picture from Net: https://www.facebook...7908901/?type=3

Edit: It was linked already on page4 here, so maybe the link can be copied to page1 of this topic ?!?

best regards

Jochen

PS: Very nice set and imho a very good playability with the pneumatic manual pump also for smaller Kids!

Edited by Jochen1