Maybe the power functions addition is only the lights? That is the one thing shown on the backside of the box...

That would be lame and pointless. A motorized pump is all this set needs (and maybe new wheels allthough I think they're okay) Outriggers are ugly too ..

Well both the box and the guy demonstrating it said that it's the pneumatics that were upgradable.

Well, that's your opinion :wink: I think the opposite

No compressor as there's no motor/battery box to drive it. Maybe you mean a small pump that could be easily motorized?

Yes i know that the set doesn't have a BB normally. I mean that in one of the videos i is said that the pneumatics are PF upgradeable which would point to a compressor pump being included.

We can agree on that as TLG does not offer a "pump/motor" upgrade. At least not now (ohh, I miss Service Packs!! :wub: )

Outriggers are definitely not fasionable but I like different design approach. They are compact, easy to deploy, and safely lock in place. This desing has great strenght necessary to hold all that weight.

Edited by model850

Too bad TLG has stopped using rigid hoses (even if they still produce them). It looks so messy!

Euhm, they are still making the rigid tubes, in fact this set has about 6 of them, used for the outlines of the windows and as a protector of the front window.

We can agree on that as TLG does not offer a "pump/motor" upgrade. At least not now (ohh, I miss Service Packs!! :wub: )

They will probably give a small pump and you can add power functions same as they did with 8049.

Maybe the new pump is a clutch driven compressor, which could explain why the guy in the video pumped first and then moved the valve. This could explain both the lack of spring and the upgradibility.

Maybe the pump is like an engine crankshaft, it can be hand pumped, but there's a input axle hole on both sides of the pump, when a motor is connected to it it acts like a piston, air is compressed on the down stroke, and air is taken in on the up stroke.

I think the smaller pump is already included, integrated and pneumatically connected in the model, all it needs is the motor to be plugged in and the battery box to be placed.

It almost looks like a wing nut style end to an axle. is instead of using a small bevel gear, you spin that to do the function

The pf upgrade will most likely be like 8049, it had 2 pneumatic cylinders,1 hand pump and a spare small pump and parts for the pf upgrade kit, all for $60.

The pf upgrade will most likely be like 8049, it had 2 pneumatic cylinders,1 hand pump and a spare small pump and parts for the pf upgrade kit, all for $60.

Probably.

I can't see the hand pump being PF powered....

I think it is a cylinder type pump similar to the Unimog pump. In the video the LEGO employee seems to be moving a lift arm back and forth to pump.

Someone didn't do his homework, when they had foto-shooting session for the B-model ... the hoses were installed wrong ...

volvo_l30g.jpg

Someone didn't do his homework, when they had foto-shooting session for the B-model ... the hoses were installed wrong ...

volvo_l30g.jpg

Perhaps the use of the hoses is limited by the available lengths of hoses in the A-model?