Too bad TLG has stopped using rigid hoses (even if they still produce them). It looks so messy! Well, at least they're not using the blue ones on the arm

Looks like a new pump

This is defenetly my type and I want it !!

I wonder what the PF will do ? Perhalps there is a mini-pump to be motorized in the set ? Like back in 8049 ?

I think the wheels are bad as .... they should add different one too :)

Hi all,

follwowing the technicthread for 1 Week now and decided to join. About the orange railing, just saw this little guy a few hours ago

post-153886-0-47206000-1453899658_thumb.jpg

Volvo excavator appears a bit ugly but i like it, and maybe it will grow from more pics and angles like the BWE did. Functions are still good, too bad they used shortcuts for the outriggers and the front blade but still, smartly done.

This is such a good model! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I might have missed it but what is the price in USD or CAD? Or is that not released yet? Maybe someone has an educated guess?

Edited by NXT45

This model is great, and it might be the H2 I buy first. I love the size, I love the cost (est $100), I love the pneumatics. TLG did a great job on the design.

Hi all,

follwowing the technicthread for 1 Week now and decided to join. About the orange railing, just saw this little guy a few hours ago

post-153886-0-47206000-1453899658_thumb.jpg

That's exactly the orange parts of the model O.O

How does this Volvo EW160 is called?

Wow, the Volvo is pretty cool - just saw the demonstration video

The cabin indeed can be lifted up, lots of nice functions and it seems to work very good. Love it! Also great that this can be upgraded with power functions (including lights) :wink:

In the video, he says, "the pneumatic functions are upgradeable with power functions". Does that mean there is a spare small compressor cylinder included? Or how else are pneumatic functions upgradeable with power functions? I doubt you can use the large pump as compressor cylinder build in the model.

Edited by Technic_Henry

Pneumatics with PF backup? Yup, just made a mark on me. Impressive, most impressive. And to think that this set isn't even flagship.

That pneuatic pump doesn't have exposed spring. Maybe new design has removable spring to better suit PF motor. :/

Edited by model850

Damn, those floppy hoses are really ruining the looks. There's even rigid ones used for the cabin!

Dammit TLG, have you forgotten all about the 8868? :thumbdown:

Yup, right on the box states - PF upgradable. This one is a winner for me, as my kids have been asking for pneumatics and I haven't gotten the AROCS yet. Nice size, good functions, kids will overlook the design flaws.

And now this just became the third set in the order i saw them that have a more impressive second model than the first. So far that excludes the IP-car which might not even have a B-model. This will be one expensive year.

Also i too think that a compressor is includes in the set just like 8049.

Well, that's your opinion :wink: I think the opposite

No compressor as there's no motor/battery box to drive it. Maybe you mean a small pump that could be easily motorized?

I wonder if the new pump will be used as the motor compressor also, or if it will come with an extra Arocs style pump.

Well, it looks like it doesn't have a spring so maybe. but it will need a long stroke so where to hide it (and the motor + bat box)?

Well, it looks like it doesn't have a spring so maybe. but it will need a long stroke so where to hide it (and the motor + bat box)?

Maybe the power functions addition is only the lights? That is the one thing shown on the backside of the box...

Maybe the power functions addition is only the lights? That is the one thing shown on the backside of the box...

Judging by the box art (or the lack of space to add new pictures/information) I would agree on that one. We are probably overthinking the whole subject.

As far as new pump design goes I would say that new pump has sping encapsulated in the piston to prevent any "catching"...for smoother operation.

Edited by model850