No orange on the actual Volvo. Why did Volvo okay this? It's just a few parts, not actual working/important parts. TLG, if you ran out of black parts, I'll send them for free :wink:

Volvo_EW160E_digger_excavator_lets_you_operate_with_control_in_comfort.jpg

All the black parts should be Dark Bluish Gray. And no orange. Uff.

Some black pneumatics would look very nice on this, and of course swapping out the orange with the proper colours.

It is kind of amazing that this amazing model is the SMALL model from 2H02016! The Technic product offerings have really started to gravitate toward the adult market. Thanks LEGO!

True that. TLG has really raised the bar in 2H of 2016.

Whats up with LEGO doing a lot of the grapple and clam shell buckets??

42042 crawler crane could have had a hook

42006 excavator could have had a bucket

42043 Arcos could have had a hook or bucket (although i think that clam shell is good for this one)

but for the new Volvo, I havent seen any pictures or videos of the real machine with a clam shell bucket design.... hmm

but for the new Volvo, I havent seen any pictures or videos of the real machine with a clam shell bucket design.... hmm

It exist

I love this set, fully pneumatic set in small form(Aprox technic fig scale) this is just great!

I'm definitely going to buy this set. Anything that gets me more pneumatic parts is a must buy regardless, but this model looks sharp and will display nicely.

I am questioning the use of orange on this model though. I like orange, but it seems out of place on a volvo

Edited by Geekphysique

I don' t understand why Lego choose black color instead of dark grey in Volvo models!

And I' d loved to have the pneumatics in black color, I think it' s a neutral color more suitable for many models (also real yellow machines like Cat, New Holland, Jcb, ..., have black cilinders)

Oh my, I really love this Volvo. It's really lifelike, includes pneumatic and with interesting features such as the cabine lift. I think the new bucket of the BWE might also be included in this set as well, but in black.

No orange on the actual Volvo. Why did Volvo okay this? It's just a few parts, not actual working/important parts. ...

I think orange parts are there to mark "handles or levers":

You're right bob, this is something relatively new for Volvo, I first noticed it when researching Volvo haulers like the A25E (you can see it best in the vehicle brochures on the Volvo site). Volvo didn't do it at the time of the 42030B, but I guess that eventually all new/updated models will have the orange handrails.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Look at the very left of this picture (pay attention to the box for the Volvo set)

To me it seems that you can lift up the entire cabin, just like with the real thing.

Also where's the coverage, where's a full shot of the box???

12552797_987613781296325_3136243570672787256_n.jpg?oh=bd93b1ace1817da324af31c93c942179&oe=5740AF1C

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed that the Volvo was built at this scale, as there are few details that make it look like a real volvo EW160E.

It's a new 8837 :D

I likeit, no pf and the good old manual pump. Disappointed that it hasn't a normal bucket as many already said but we can change it.

Its not quite the 8455 in terms of pneumatics, but I think this model is very well done. It looks good IMO and the price is good too

Orange marks safe spots on the machinery for the little imaginary operator man to grab, step on, etc. I suppose you can replace them with another stand out color for worker safety.

Would have been nice to see the return of the Lego air tank on this set

Anyone else notice the box looks like ages 11-16? Is that just because of pnuematics, or is there some nice technical features?

The Other Site of the Volvo:

More Orange and a small VOLVO-Logo

Edited by hsky

Volvo will have around 1166 pieces, dont ask how i get this number.Take precise look at this video and you see glimpse of volvo box :wink:

I think I like this Volvo the most of all the models, but that might have something to do with the fact that it has pneumatics :grin: I really like how it looks and the fact that it isn't motorised. With the Claas I was really wonder what the added value is to motorise it, while this model looks like something I can play with for hours :laugh: I wonder if the size is compatible with the Arocs...

I also like this set most of all but I will try to change the orange parts to yellow and black.

Btw. can anybody find a presentation video of VOLVO? Thanks.

Edited by KLF