Sorry, I didn't get the JC reference (luv the guy, btw). BL is not really suitable for this discussion, imho. The pic was taken at a local mall in Denmark (I got more, but this is not the thread for it - I could make a new one if anyone cares?)

I assumed this was kept at the Lego theme park in denmark...since it appear to be touring in malls like some ageing singers, it seems unlikely to see this in person ever again (I have seen it in person at the 94' Paris Motorshow).

Response to charlesw :

Never seen it at LEGOland/Billund. I think it's a touring like <insert someone famous that's now only doing shows in Las Vegas> .. it didn't look all that good close up when I saw it btw :angry:

Now back to that awesome volkswagen!

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS Sneak Peek from LEGO Factory in Kladno:

That must be where the extra money is going..

Holy FVCK that's a lot of manual work .. well I guess you all know what you're paying for :wink:

So the model is not able to roll, even without the fake engine.

Hmm....

Though it seems that on the techlug video, one of the axles is not secured (a 16 teeth gear). Maybe it's just my eyes...

But now since two people are confirmed of having this problem, I doubt that's the issue here. Anyways are you referring to leftmost gear at the front of the gearbox, which is mated to the red clutch gear?

Edit : on the designer video, the "mode selector" appears to be pushed all the way forward too and the car do seem to roll perfectly...

Yes but the actual gearbox can still be in neutral, which was probably the case.

If it's as bad as it shows in the video, yeah it's absolutely unacceptable. Whats the purpose of a fancy gearbox if the car can't move at all....

Edited by sm1995

Holy FVCK that's a lot of manual work .. well I guess you all know what you're paying for :wink:

i bet the new lego china factory has robots doing everything :classic:

Nmapladem has made a reproduction of the Porsche gearbox demonstrating on the probable issue on this set (original topic on techlug : http://www.techlug.f...c10092-930.html )

https://www.youtube....h?v=c2H6z42a8vk

https://www.youtube....h?v=iVtnn3vpyXc

There are just too many gears in this transmission.. I brought this possible issue up 50 pages ago.. Too much friction in the lower gears..

Edited by Paul Boratko

Ok, a 1x1 liftarem is too thick so just push the black parts into each side of the drive ring until they stop, there is just enough room for the drive ring ti mesh with the idler gears.

Here is a mockup of what I had in mind, though you'll have to make it into a useful geartrain, this doesn't really 'do' anything how it is inn the pictures.

640x450.jpg

More Pictures here

Or you could just wait 2 days for the set to come out :)

Edited by SNIPE

I guess it's like the real thing ... it's not put together (assembly) in a fancy / fully automated assembly line like the toyota/ford cars ... it's hand-built by skilled labor. Hence, the premium everything, especially the price.

Ok, a 1x1 liftarem is too thick so just push the black parts into each side of the drive ring until they stop, there is just enough room for the drive ring ti mesh with the idler gears.Here is a mockup of what I had in mind, though you'll have to make it into a useful geartrain, this doesn't really 'do' anything how it is inn the pictures.640x450.jpgMore Pictures here

That still doesn't connect the driving ring to the axle.. The driving ring has to rotate the connector which rotates the axle.. I don't see how this will work at all.. What are those black pieces..? Do they have an axle hole in them..? I broke the snaps out of these driving rings right after I found out that Lego had this new part in the Porsche.. It's no big deal.. I have lots of them... :grin:

I just wanted to be able to build this new gearbox and make sure that it worked properly with sliding driving rings.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Paul Boratko

Are there more pics of the big one?

This was the only one that I could find.. I am sure there are more out there..

Smooth hole only. Rather rare piece that appeared in the old pneumatic crane 8460 (below) and other sets

424.gif?0

So then they would not rotate the axle..

Here we go..

k9NnIyW.jpg

1ly0qLW.jpg

Is that your studio?! If it is could you tell me what that SUV MOC next to the red mug on the self is?

Is that your studio?! If it is could you tell me what that SUV MOC next to the red mug on the self is?

LOL.. I wish that was my studio..

LOL.. I wish that was my studio..

:tongue: lol, I must find out what that MOC is, looks amazing from what I can see...

Pictures were posted to instragram by RM8

EDIT: grammar correction

Edited by BrianGT