I said this in a different thread (I think), but for $300, they should have made the book hard-bound ... As it is, on a coffee table, it would get damaged pretty quickly :(

I said this in a different thread (I think), but for $300, they should have made the book hard-bound ... As it is, on a coffee table, it would get damaged pretty quickly :(

Agreed!

The guy is Tommy Williamson. He is the creator of http://bricknerd.com/ and is also a LUG ambassador which might explain why he was send a set :wink:

So they sent sets out to every LUG?

And why are they permitted to show unboxings? Why do the actual Technic guys like Sariel and Jim have to wait until June 1st?

Edited by Meatman

is that kyle gass from tenacious d. ?

LOLOL... I thought the same thing when I first saw it. Wonderboy!

Anyway, the instruction manual looks beautiful, even though spiralbound would have been even better.

Instead the entire chassis, engine, gearbox and suspension looks to be all dumped into one box. This looks pretty lazy to me, especially with the 8448 in the back of my mind.

The book might follow the assembly steps of chassis>suspension>gearbox>engine like the real factory most likely would, but it's not the same when the whole load of parts for the whole base of the car are on the table.

sadly this is not totally possible. as you can see the gerbox is integrated in the chassis

And why are they permitted to show unboxings? Why do the actual Technic guys like Sariel and Jim have to wait until June 1st?

I'm pretty sure that Sariel and Jim don't look like this :

8712-1.jpg

So yeah, they're not actual Technic guys :wink:

TLG sends out a lot of sets in advance to reviewers. Some come with an embargo (don't publish until xx date) some don't - or the reviewers don't care (and if they don't, they won't get another set to review .. or TLG don't also care .. ))

Hold your horses, we'll all know just how poor this set in a week :devil:

Cheers,

Ole

Auto Bild has finished their build. Responses of viewers so far are:

- "How many steps does the instruction have?"

- "Well its not a beauty, looks more like a crash-test car"

and also the well known "300€ is too much for it responses"

I'd say that there are more negative comments than positive ones.

can we preorder this item from the lego shop?...or just buy it on june 1st?....what time will it go live on the 1st?...like 12 midnight?

from a LEGO representative.....at least for the US the set will go on sale 1201 am on June 1. EASTERN TIME. So consider your personal time zone accordingly. I live in Texas, or central time zone, so I will be at my computer at 11:01 on the 31 of may..... Ready to pounce...

from a LEGO representative.....at least for the US the set will go on sale 1201 am on June 1. EASTERN TIME. So consider your personal time zone accordingly. I live in Texas, or central time zone, so I will be at my computer at 11:01 on the 31 of may..... Ready to pounce...

So will this fellow texan! What part are you from?

Auto Bild has finished their build. Responses of viewers so far are:

- "How many steps does the instruction have?"

- "Well its not a beauty, looks more like a crash-test car"

and also the well known "300€ is too much for it responses"

I'd say that there are more negative comments than positive ones.

I just watched the AUTO BILD video and man that front end looks rough. Those huge gaps between the lights and the bumper, as well as all the empty spaces between the angled 7x3 panels and the long smooth one. There are too many gaps in the wrong places :sceptic: yikes...

Not sure if I can post an image here so I won't, but the video should be easy to find.

Edited by sm1995

Speaking of which :wink:

Quite like it though...way better than the 599 they did few years back :sweet:

Edited by charlesw

I just watched the AUTO BILD video and man that front end looks rough. Those huge gaps between the lights and the bumper, as well as all the empty spaces between the angled 7x3 panels and the long smooth one. There are too many gaps in the wrong places :sceptic: yikes...

Not sure if I can post an image here so I won't, but the video should be easy to find.

I think it looks relatively good, but the car looks meh from certein angles which lego purposely (i guess) hides.

I think it looks relatively good, but the car looks meh from certein angles which lego purposely (i guess) hides.

I guess you have a point. I think I'm just spoiled by all the beautiful MOCs posted here...

The only bad opinion that I grant to be valid is about the Autobild video!

Has anyone figured out what's the meaning of the 18 in the upper right corner of the box?

It's the scale (1:8) of the model.