I belive the grain on the last photo is intentional, its too uniform....they are hiding stuff.

I belive the grain on the last photo is intentional, its too uniform....they are hiding stuff.

True, but i think it's also a choice for the style.

The front wheels hub/spindle on that picture is grayish. Yet, in the official release video, it is black.

Also, the new panels, we're getting them both in orange (outside of the car) and in black (internal structure).

As for the set mimicking the actual build style of the vehicle (this was mentioned in the official video). This translates to the build being very 'modular'.

I'm guessing the subcomponents would be front and rear axles, engine, transmission ... everything sits on chassis, then car body (in whole piece) comes and sits on top, a bit like what TLG did for the 41999.

Edited by DrJB

Taken handheld -> Low light -> Low ISO -> Grainy picture

(and possible a style choice)

I don't think there's more to it than that.

I agree with Jim, I think at this point they aren't hiding any more surprises, and this is just a style choice.

Only potential secret I can see is the white car at top right. But that could just be a prototype of the porsche or an identical one just to see what it would look like in white. the panelling does look different though. But for sure that gran is intentional, it looks too stylised.

Don't trust the reviews :wink:

By the way, and I don't think hi-res photos (coming right from the shop) have been posted here :laugh:

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/42056_alt1?op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp4&wid=5000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha

http://cache.lego.co...1&fmt=png-alpha

To get the proper resolution for your screen, just change the wid=xxxx parameter :wink:

Edited by charlesw

What I can't wait for is to learn how a dual clutch transmission works.

I think The transmission in the Lego model isn't really a dual clutch gearbox. It's just 2 driving rings and 4 clutch gears.

Then again, I guess the odd gears are on one driving ring while the even ones are on the other though.

Edited by Meatman

Only potential secret I can see is the white car at top right. But that could just be a prototype of the porsche or an identical one just to see what it would look like in white. the panelling does look different though. But for sure that gran is intentional, it looks too stylised.

I think that white car looks more like an early design phase Porsche.

In which timezone the online lego store is updated first ? (yeah, this is a day one / hour one buy for me :classic: )

I think @TheNextLegoDesinger is hoping that this set will have a lower price at the usual retailers that usually do this (there are a few over here in the Lowlands). I got the Arocs at quite a discount the day it became available at retail, so it is a possibility.

i got the arocs for 180 and the volvo to (which was 250 at lego) so maybe i can get the porche aslo cheaper. atm I can buy it for 280 but it's not the cheapest shop, so maybe i will get it for 250, lets hope

In which timezone the online lego store is updated first ? (yeah, this is a day one / hour one buy for me :classic: )

I'm not sure, but I think it's midnight in your own time zone?

I wonder if Lego will end up making two sets like how they did with the 4x4 with a different body.

I wonder if Lego will end up making two sets like how they did with the 4x4 with a different body.

That's an interesting idea, but what would they put on top of this?

Maybe they'll have another contest? I doubt it though.

That's an interesting idea, but what would they put on top of this?

Simple, they will wait for Porsche to release the 991 GT2 RS and sell a limited feature full edition build upon 42056...it will not have 4 wheel drive though as the Carrera 4 / 4S is for peasans compared to the GT3 RS and GT2 RS versions :classic:

I was just thinking if many people didn't like the color, they could release a black kit with the design stickers on it. Sell it as a option for $20 or something

I was just thinking if many people didn't like the color, they could release a black kit with the design stickers on it. Sell it as a option for $20 or something

That's a good idea, but the problem is to recolour this set would be A LOT more than $20.

What do people mean when they refer to "suspension geometry"? Is it steering geometry (i.e. something like Ackerman steering geometry) and suspension in the front wheels? As far as I know, no Lego car model ever implemented Ackerman geometry, and I'm not too bothered by it. Hand of God would be nice to add play value, but I understand that this is a model meant to replicate the real car as closely as possible. Given this, however, the lack of suspension in the front is really off-putting for me. For the price and given the marketing I really expected this set to be mechanically more exciting and to give some more insight into the design of actual, proper car-related mechanisms. Yes, there is the interesting gear shift solution, but the fact that the designers couldn't include as basic an element as front wheel suspension is disappointing. For me, since I don't know much about cars, it would be interesting to see how the mechanism of the wheels turning, pivoting in various ways due to the suspension and being connected to the engine would all come together.

What do people mean when they refer to "suspension geometry"? Is it steering geometry (i.e. something like Ackerman steering geometry) and suspension in the front wheels? As far as I know, no Lego car model ever implemented Ackerman geometry, and I'm not too bothered by it. Hand of God would be nice to add play value, but I understand that this is a model meant to replicate the real car as closely as possible. Given this, however, the lack of suspension in the front is really off-putting for me. For the price and given the marketing I really expected this set to be mechanically more exciting and to give some more insight into the design of actual, proper car-related mechanisms. Yes, there is the interesting gear shift solution, but the fact that the designers couldn't include as basic an element as front wheel suspension is disappointing. For me, since I don't know much about cars, it would be interesting to see how the mechanism of the wheels turning, pivoting in various ways due to the suspension and being connected to the engine would all come together.

In fact, 42056 has a front suspension, pay close attention to this photo...to me, there's clearly a red shock :wink:

mini_612288frontshock.png

Edited by charlesw