Well that would be an interesting development. Last minute recall, almost literally. Twists and turns in this story.

Anyone hearing about a last minute delay? People on the Lego subreddit are claiming S@H is telling people that the release is being pushed back, and I called and they told me that it was being delayed for an unspecified reason for an unspecified period of time. Anyone have any insight?

can you post a link to the reddit thread?

Hope you don't loose your free sets to review because of that :wink: .

I think I held my end of the bargain. Just like Sariel, Technicbricks and the other regular Technic reviewers!

Anyone hearing about a last minute delay? People on the Lego subreddit are claiming S@H is telling people that the release is being pushed back, and I called and they told me that it was being delayed for an unspecified reason for an unspecified period of time. Anyone have any insight?

Well, don't say I didn't warn you's! (if this really is delayed).

Edited by SNIPE

For the last minute recall, they found out they were making a loss on each copy. The set must be postponed for that reason...why bother with a gearbox as it is an unnecessary feature :laugh:

Edited by charlesw

I think I held my end of the bargain. Just like Sariel, Technicbricks and the other regular Technic reviewers!

Yeah, I would have to say that you did.. :wink: And I have a feeling this group of Technic reviewers will be much more thorough than most of the other people that got set to review..

What I can say: I have a go from LEGO Germany to post my review and my extended video review in 45 minutes (June 1st, 0:01 am, German time). Will post a link if you don't mind ;-)

Thx, hm... i believe it could be possible that its true, but i guess we have to wait for a official statement.

What I can say: I have a go from LEGO Germany to post my review and my extended video review in 45 minutes (June 1st, 0:01 am, German time). Will post a link if you don't mind ;-)

Give me the reviews... All of it! I'll take them all, be it Jims or yours. :grin:

Edited by AlphaX

@Paul And that's why they're all going to pay a visit to the technic design team :wink:

(edit : this topic is quite busy today :grin: )

Edited by charlesw

And that's why they're all going to pay a visit to the technic design team :wink:

That's one heck of a coincidence!! With an incredible timing :P

Sure, go ahead!

I will create a topic with links to all reviews :thumbup:

@Paul And that's why they're all going to pay a visit to the technic design team :wink:

(edit : this topic is quite busy today :grin: )

I have a feeling the reviews for this set will separate the amatures from the experts..

Edited by Paul Boratko

For the "coming soon", I do feel some are not familiar with Apple's policy on that matter :wink:

I have a feeling the reviews for this set will separate the amatures from the experts..

True, but sometimes novices do pay extra attention to details, especially on such large sets :wink:

The German S@H site also says "coming soon" now.

French S@H says the same since 8:00 PM. Not sure I will wait until 0:00 for a D-one shopping. Looks like we will have to wait for some more days to put our hands on this set :sick:

Neuro

Edited by NeuroMimetis

For the "coming soon", I do feel some are not familiar with Apple's policy on that matter :wink:

True, but sometimes novices do pay extra attention to details, especially on such large sets :wink:

I guess that we'll find out very soon.. :wink:

about TLC designers..:

- Actually need lots of coffee

- certainly Ibuprofen 1Gr 6 time a day

- (eventually xanax)

....And a mechanical book about gearbox....

@steph77 most engineers do have a somewhat high caffeine beverage consumption and there's many (really many things) hugely more complex that gearboxes...for instance, given a fully assembled set designed by a team of designer, try to find out an algorithm to put a technic set together without using any illegal build and taking in account build precedence (hint: using a topological sort at some point might help) :wink:

(edit: I don't know if such thing do exist for helping MOCers making their instructions manuals)

Edited by charlesw

Couldn't agree with you more. I can't help but feel that some reviewers out there would rather blame things on TLG than on their own sloppy building.

I had the german shop page tell me the "coming soon" all day. I don't think that's a real indicator. And if memory serves me well, it has been like that before, too.

Good thing I'm still a novice!! :thumbup::laugh:

Couldn't agree with you more. I can't help but feel that some reviewers out there would rather blame things on TLG than on their own sloppy building.

I had that feeling too discussing with one of them (or he was somewhat trolling) :wink:

Edited by charlesw

Hmm. That's not quite what I meant, but I can see where you're coming from..

so I've been lurking a while here, since returning from dark ages with the arocs as a christmas gift, not posting until now.* I just wanted to post a few observations having read this thread religiously for days...

I've enjoyed following the speculation issues and building anticipation like nothing else in a long time. Thanks to all that make it so enjoyable, not least Jim, Sariel and others who are being very restrained in honouring their privilege which must be excruciating given the excitement around this set.

maybe i'll get it maybe i won't, perhaps I'll wait, perhaps I'll crack but I've got considerable money's worth out of this set already in some ways already. I've discovered that in the past I'd race through builds and enjoy them for a while then consign them to a bucket of lego to build now and again. now though i enjoy sourcing the pieces on bricklink/brickowl and building other models, often piecemeal over several days and then stop whilst i wait for more parts, sometimes doing later bits and dotting about - its more fun and more informative to learn about the functions, especially since studless is new to me, a bit more Meccano like i guess and thats fun too. I built Madoca's wing back truck and 8043 excavator this way and loved doing both (even if the yellow panels on the excavator are quite expensive!!)

with this porsche i feel like i already know a lot of it by reading, viewing photos and videos and thats half the fun. It's not going to have the playability of the arocs (or even the original car chassis 8860 with 3 gears and reclining/sliding chairs I had as a kid) for instance, it's got looks but isn't perfect. I doubt I'll use it for parts - i like to have the parts to make everything at the same time if i desire, but i do like the idea of a limited edition, gutted i missed the UCS falcon, and the special edition crawler. I know this isn't limited but it feels like it - whether that's the hype, the ultimate label, the box (I'm a sucker for a good box) and if there is a major issue getting the original could be smart. anyway others have stated many opinions on why it is or isn't ultimate, or perfect - to me it has to be the scope for the people here to make it their own. I do think the interior looked very good and clean (steering column aside) and its striking so it appeals but I'm not entirely sure why!

anyway that post used up another 15mins waiting for Jim's review - looking forward to it - hope everyone is enjoying this as I am!

*oops - just realised I did post once before!

Edited by pilsbury1440