Yea I noticed that also... Probibly just a coincidence

Has anyone in the US (or anywhere, for that matter) actually been able to buy it yet? It said "coming on June 1" until about 1 minute ago - now it says "coming soon". But I still can't buy it.

Edited by chiefsalami

Has anyone in the US (or anywhere, for that matter) actually been able to buy it yet? It said "coming on June 1" until about 1 minute ago - now it says "coming soon". But I still can't buy it.

That's pretty standard behavior. Unfortunately the online store varies wildly in how long it takes for things to go on sale. And all the new items for June 1 switched to "coming soon" so it's not specific to the Porsche set.

When im logged in at Lego online shop, i can order the Porsche now, but it says not in stock, shipping in 30 days :(

When im logged in at Lego online shop, i can order the Porsche now, but it says not in stock, shipping in 30 days :(

Yep. I've been refreshing every few minutes all day. Clearly super popular or limited stock or both. Same deal with fun in the park. I'm super disappointed given I was getting this for my birthday, which it now won't arrive for :(

Information about the availability messes with my head. In the Reddit thread U.S. and Canada customers have been calling their local Lego shops (not S@H) and apparently it will be available also there. According to the press release it "will initially be available at shop.LEGO.com from June 1st, 2016, as well as in the 13 LEGO stores throughout Germany and Austria. It will be available in other stores from August 1st, 2016."

So right now I don't understand where it will actually be available, let alone when.

Yep. I've been refreshing every few minutes all day. Clearly super popular or limited stock or both. Same deal with fun in the park. I'm super disappointed given I was getting this for my birthday, which it now won't arrive for :(

I think most likely they "Delayed" the set due to the flaws in the manual...

I was looking at the shop page since 7:50am (CET time); at 8:00am the set disappeared from the shop for a few minutes... Than, at 8:20am it showed up again, as "temporary out of stock"...

Do someone succeed in buying it?

I can also order it but it also says 'not in stock'. I think it's not 'in stock' so they have time to add errata instead of having to postpone the release.

Edited by Didumos69

I think most likely they "Delayed" the set due to the flaws in the manual...

I was looking at the shop page since 7:50am (CET time); at 8:00am the set disappeared from the shop for a few minutes... Than, at 8:20am it showed up again, as "temporary out of stock"...

Do someone succeed in buying it?

I was able to complete the buy, but shipping in 30 days ... wtf?

I was able to complete the buy, but shipping in 30 days ... wtf?

I think this is another confirmation: they are trying to correct the BI error, at least.

So is there any consensus whether this set is a limited run/edition (i.e. certain number of sets and thats it) or this will be around for a good 1-2 years? Debating whether to buy now or wait till Christmas as I still need to order the Tower Bridge.

So is there any consensus whether this set is a limited run/edition (i.e. certain number of sets and thats it) or this will be around for a good 1-2 years? Debating whether to buy now or wait till Christmas as I still need to order the Tower Bridge.

This has been discussed several times and it's in my review. This set is as limited as a regular Technic set.

Completed the order, but it (like the "Fun in the Park" set on my order) showed "shipping in 30 days".

Tons of the new Lego sets are like that on the store right now though, which makes it unlikely to be a problem limited to this set. Except the new Star Wars sets that are of course available.

I just made a phone-call with the customer-service; they told me that "the set is out of stock".. My guess is the the people at customer-service "know nothin' bout nothin'"

I will rename this topic to Speculation and close it in a bit.

Generic conversation can be done in the Review Topic and there's a Mods and Improvement Topic.

Being released in Europe first means they can get all the bugs and fixes out before they make and print the boxes and books for the larger North America market. :wink:

As far as I remember even when it says "ship in 30 days" then normally it o0nly takes few more days than usual......hope I'm right!