Good thing I'm still a novice!! :thumbup::laugh:

On Pvdb's Koneigsegg, to make the gearbox work properly, you need to pay extra care on some assemblies...if you don't the gearbox won't work properly...and even with such care, the gearbox commands & linkage do behave differently according to the load put on the model...I did setup the gearbox when the total weight of the assembly was about 500g...everything was working fine...but adding another kilo and a half (if not two) of technic parts and the finely tuned gearbox was not working as smoothly as it once did, thus requiring another extra "gearbox & linkage tuning" session :wink:

(edit : was thinking of AutoBild journalists as "the novices" though)

Edited by charlesw

On Pvdb's Koneigsegg, to make the gearbox work properly, you need to pay extra care on some assemblies...if you don't the gearbox won't work properly...and even with such care, the gearbox commands & linkage do behave differently according to the load put on the model...I did setup the gearbox when the total weight of the assembly was about 500g...everything was working fine...but adding another kilo and a half (if not two) of technic parts and the finely tuned gearbox was not working as smoothly as it once did, thus requiring another extra "gearbox & linkage tuning" session :wink:

That is understandable, but It's quite out of the ordinary for Lego to release a model that would require some monkeying around with the mechanisms to get right..

This review is probably going to crash EB's host...

LOL.. Was wondering the same thing.. There are like 200 people in the forum right now..

That is understandable, but It's quite out of the ordinary for Lego to release a model that would require some monkeying around with the mechanisms to get right..

+the koenigsegg is a lot more densely packed.

+the koenigsegg is a lot more densely packed.

True, but the shifting mechanism do not seem as intricate as in the Porsche, but I haven't seen all the photos of the Porsche :wink:

I love the sound of anticipated dates whooshing by......

Christmas....birth of my kids....marriage...

And now, the dreaded 96 hours are over....

I love the sound of anticipated dates whooshing by......

Christmas....birth of my kids....marriage...

And now, the dreaded 96 hours are over....

:laugh::thumbup:

So the instruction manual of the early set is a collector, as it has flaws :grin:

300€ just got justified then :laugh:

So now that the flaw with the gearbox has been explained, does anyone who has the set have any tips for the simplest and quickest way to disassemble the Porsche from completion to a state where the gearbox can be fixed? I'd like to fix that on my brother's copy but would rather not tear more of the bodywork up than is absolutely necessary. :blush:

So now that the flaw with the gearbox has been explained, does anyone who has the set have any tips for the simplest and quickest way to disassemble the Porsche from completion to a state where the gearbox can be fixed? I'd like to fix that on my brother's copy but would rather not tear more of the bodywork up than is absolutely necessary. :blush:

Try this but without the mods, in order to seperate to get the body off of the chassis.

check here too:

Edited by SNIPE

LOL.. Was wondering the same thing.. There are like 200 people in the forum right now..

It's happening!

Ef4CjT.jpg

Try this but without the mods, in order to seperate to get the body off of the chassis.

check here too:

Thank you! This is just the kind of thing I needed.

Little bro doesn't want me to try and fix it yet, though. Probably for the best—he still wants to try and get photos with both it and the real thing for his review, so I suppose it makes more sense to keep the set without modifications until he's gotten those.

Nearly 1pm Australian time and still coming soon. Lego customer service tells me they are waiting for some unknown UK time. How much are we willing to bet it's actually to print an addendum to the manuals and it won't be 1 June at all?

Nearly 1pm Australian time and still coming soon. Lego customer service tells me they are waiting for some unknown UK time. How much are we willing to bet it's actually to print an addendum to the manuals and it won't be 1 June at all?

Well, I'm in Canada, and it still says June 1st, just like the star wars sets.

Was thinking the exact same thing after reading the review then trying to buy it online.

So is ordering tied to each time zone's crossing into June 1? I really want to pick this up as soon as it comes out. :)