I think you're a bit late to the party m8, might wanna read back a little and reconsider...

reconsider what......some voices about a gearbox not perfectly working? or few degrees of steering angle? or price too high? It's a toy, it's meant to have fun with while building it, not only by playing with it. It's meant to stay on a shelf and, as far I'm concerned, looks pretty good! In the past we have had really boring ugly cars.....and if it's too expensive simply don't buy it!

If people wants something perfect then buy parts and build your own MOC! This is a Lego set...already designed and tomorrow will be on sale...just take it from there....

In Kiritimati, its now 00:13 june 1st.

Oh, didn't realise there was somewhere ahead of NZ... We've got 1hr left to go before June 1st... think I'll go to bed and see if the review is up tomorrow.

How do the new wheel arches fit with the unimog wheels?

Are you buying the Porsche as a modding parts pack for your Unimog ? :grin:

Edited by DrJB

I'm curious whether there are any other tires that would fit the Porsche's wheels, and whether there are any other wheels that would fit the Porsche's tires.

How do the new wheel arches fit with the unimog wheels?

I'm curious whether there are any other tires that would fit the Porsche's wheels, and whether there are any other wheels that would fit the Porsche's tires.

Given this comparison image the only candidate rims/tyres that might be exchangable with the Porsche rims/tyres are the Tumbler (or 42050) rims/tyres. From left to right: Unimog rim, Tumbler rim and Porsche rim.

640x234.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Anyone else had the Coming soon 1st June change from the site?

AU site is just showing Coming Soon. No date on the page.

Given this comparison image the only candidate rims/tyres that might be exchangable with the Porsche rims/tyres are the Tumbler (or 42050) rims/tyres. From left to right: Unimog rim, Tumbler rim and Porsche rim.

640x234.jpg

Pretty sure the 42050 tires have a smaller diameter than any of the three shown.

I think the only wheel that has a chance to be interchangeable is the F1 / PP wheels.

Edited by technic_addict

Anyone else had the Coming soon 1st June change from the site?

AU site is just showing Coming Soon. No date on the page.

It still says June 1 for me on the german site.

Maybe its not releasing till June1 Euro time, since it is already June1 in AUS.

Same for Sweden. I think the date is gone only from AU and NZ sites.

Edit: Now the "Coming soon" without date is shown on more sites, for example Sweden, Denmark and Germany. Not yet US though...

Edited by thomol

Pretty sure the 42050 tires have a smaller diameter than any of the three shown.

I think the only wheel that has a chance to be interchangeable is the F1 / PP wheels.

Yep, Middle one is PP or F1 wheel, not Tumbler. Tumbler wheels are much smaller.

I think you could fit PP or F1 tires on the Porsche rims, even if it's a bit narrower.

My mistake. The middle one is indeed the 22969 (PP or FT) wheel.

In this image the inner diameter of the F1-tyre looks smaller, but the Porsche tyre is partly covered by the outer ridge of the new wheel.

640x246.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Techlug briefly had a video review up on youtube, but it is gone now. :sceptic: As far as I could tell, everything appeared to be working properly. Maybe all of these gearbox problems are over dramatized?

In this image the inner diameter of the F1-tyre looks smaller, but the Porsche tyre is partly covered by the outer ridge of the new wheel.

640x246.jpg

I agree it does look smaller which I mentioned earlier in the thread. We need someone with the Porsche set to confirm.

Looks to me that the 42000 wheels would be aproxamitely the same diameter as the porsche wheels, and yes I mean wheels, not just rims or tires

Maybe a bit skinnier (width)

*not a bit a lot

Looks to me that the 42000 wheels would be aproxamitely the same diameter as the porsche wheels, and yes I mean wheels, not just rims or tires

*not a bit a lot

The Porsche wheel looks way wider than then the 56Dx34W wheel. There is no way those will be interchangeable.

We do.

No one has confirmed trying to put the Porsche tire on the F1 wheel and vice versa which is what people are asking.

No I don't mean interchangable, but they just are the same relative size as individual wholes

No one has confirmed trying to put the Porsche tire on the F1 wheel and vice versa which is what people are asking.

Exactly. That is what I was confirming.

The Porsche tires look much more lower profile than the F1 tires.

*not a bit a lot

I think it was posted here back when the Porsche was show at the Toy fair that the tire size(diameter) was the same as the 42000 tires, it was just a lower profile and wider.

Edited by Meatman