I bought 8043 from lego on day 1 and a month later I got a service pack with 4 more LAs and a £10 lego voucher. The possibility that this set is flawed only makes me want it (and what ever free parts that may follow) more. 1st editions are usually worth more on the aftermarket too.

Totally understand your comment ..... however, given there are no LA, PF or other such elements in this set I don't think it is as simple of a correction as that. In addition, Anio mentioned that the "flaw" was a design flaw in nature and that its issues went so much deeper than the LA of 4043. He went as far as to say that the flaw would require a whole new design. Personally for me..... no final decision yet, but I will wait for reviews. Initially, it was a day one purchase for me but for now I will postpone judgment and speculation until reviews come out.

It appears to me that the problems of 42056 are much deeper than the problem of the neck of Wall-E or the LA's from 8043.

To work properly, 42056 would require some major redesign on many aspects.

In that regard, I emailed TLG a few days ago, advising them to postpone the release of the set. The Technic team got my message and is probably looking into the model to see what is wrong.

I got no feedback from them at the moment.

In any case, there are many Lego Ambassadors here on EB. If TLG decides something about 42056, I am sure you will know it very quickly. Just stay tuned. :)

From the AutoBild videos, I can't see anything wrong. Assembly seems to be pretty straightforward and the functions seems to work fine...even though it seems we have 4 speeds in each direction :laugh:

Edit : the only thing that might cause some sort of trouble is the roof, which has quite a big overhang and not that much support...but as this model is not intended for kids, and again, I can't see anything wrong with that.

5644742016052713h5120.png

Edited by charlesw

I really doubt if Lego would postpone this set and attempt some redesign. Only 4 days til launch, all the sets are most likely in stocks or on their ways. Besides, in the designer video Andrew said the final model already got Porsche's approval. Hence I can't help but wonder if Anio is being too harsh in his evalution of the set.

Time will tell.

With reviews from Jim, Sariel, me, and maybe some other people on June 1st, I am sure everyone will be able to figure out if the model fits his expectations. :)

4 more days. :)

(Charlesw, no problem with the roof. it is strong enough)

@nguyengiangoc Apple didn't cancel the iPhone 4 for the "antenna gate", nor some androïd (for good measure) did cancel their flagship due to some bending issues similar to the ones found on the iPhone 6 plus.

In a few months, we will receive a free "bumper" :grin:

Edited by charlesw

The only thing that would cause that much concern, in my opinion, would be the gearbox. Everything else is pretty straightforward Technic.

Time will tell.

With reviews from Jim, Sariel, me, and maybe some other people on June 1st, I am sure everyone will be able to figure out if the model fits his expectations. :)

(Let the guesswork begins)

Gearbox then (likely)...or maybe some loose drivetrain attachement (unlikely) :sweet:

Edited by charlesw

Time will tell.

I saw some pictures with the gearshift mechanism in a non-orthogonal position, even though the whole mechanism was assembled. That shouldn't be possible, right?

I've saved the rest of those pics before they were taken down!

Do you still have them? I mean, I'm just curious...

Do you still have them? I mean, I'm just curious...

Otherwise, I'm just hoping that LEGO will post the instructions online next week anyway... or will they?

I don't get it. If you need frictionless gear switch - can't you use 2L connector with older 2L driving ring? Or am I missing something here.

Breaking the clips off fo the 3L driving ring is just a temporary solution until I get the sliding connectors from the Porsche.. The gearbox that I am building uses the larger driving rings. They are easier to work with since they are odd in length. Not to mention that using the 2L driving ring with a smooth connector is considered a somewhat "illegal" method..

Edited by Paul Boratko

It can take up to 2 weeks after the launch for the instruction to be available online. At least 2 weeks was the case for the instruction of 42052.

It can take up to 2 weeks after the launch for the instruction to be available online. At least 2 weeks was the case for the instruction of 42052.

I have a feeling they might be available much sooner than that.. :wink:

(Let the guesswork begins)

Does the suspension actually work? Or is it mostly just for show like the fake calipers. They didn't show that in those two Autobild reviews

No need to break the notches off the 3L driving ring, just push a 1x1 lifftarm into each end of the driving ring, works just fine unless im missing something.

Does the suspension actually work? Or is it mostly just for show like the fake calipers. They didn't show that in those two Autobild reviews

Or either some reviewers or some lego designers were going one beer too far during a late nite build :drunk:

Edited by charlesw

No need to break the notches off the 3L driving ring, just push a 1x1 lifftarm into each end of the driving ring, works just fine unless im missing something.

What would putting a 1 x 1 liftarm do..? How would the driving ring rotate the axle going through it..?

Or either some reviewers or some lego designers were going one beer too far during a late nite build :drunk:

The first thing I did when I had finished building 8860/8875/8880 was to push the car down to check the suspension (which was followed with lots of "ohh, ahh, wauw, how cool is that dad!?") and THEN put it into gear and go racing on the floor :laugh:

I know the Porsche has the right parts for suspension, but if it only has one stud of travel, the inherent slack in LEGO parts would suffice without all those fancy parts, imho

But maybe Anio is dissapointed with the bag as it cannot hold a few beers, I mean tools :wink:

What would putting a 1 x 1 liftarm do..? How would the driving ring rotate the axle going through it..?

No such thing as a 1x1 liftarm, do you mean the 18654 pin connector?

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

TLG wont cancel or withdraw the set, what they will do is revise the model...if there is a serious issue they will redo the manual or parts with later sets that are produced. anyone that complains will get a service pack or a link to download the revised instructions etc.

i dont think this set has major flaws per se, its just AFOL's thinking they can build a better set...a MOC, which is probably true.

There is a video about the packaging on their facebook-site:

https://www.facebook...21136988272391/

OMG!....all those tyres and wheels, dozens of them...and us poor souls will end up paying like 20 Euro for each tyre and wheel set via Bricklink.

there will be majpr scalping and price gouging on parting out these sets and selling off the exclusive and orange parts for huge money. i bet these Bricklink guys will make double or tripple there money on just selling the parts. :devil:

Edited by Richard Dower

TLG wont cancel or withdraw the set

Certainly not now. The set is completely done and have been for some time. It's been moulded, packed, boxed and shipped out a long time ago. While TLG have one of the most advanced plastic moulding factories in the world (and when it comes to toys it's THE most advanced), their logistcs are not setup for a recall a few days before launch just because there's some whiny people on a forum (yeah, that's me)

So is there a flaw with this set or not? I am getting the impression that there is something majorly wrong. Did those German guys say anything was wrong with the set?