Here's an image of the new wheel hub (from the official video).

800x533.jpg

This could possibly be the best part for installing guide wheels if I'm building a Technic bus!

The purpose of the new wheel hub is just to be able to fit the fake brake calipers.

Speaking of wheel hubs, if the new rims indeed have one stud more offset, then many custom wheel hubs using 32184.gifto hold the axle may be reconfigured to use your turn table-based wheel hubs without changing suspension and steering geometry. Once I'm absolutely certain that the offset difference for the new rims is one stud, I will surely be looking out to buy these rims as well as your turn-table hubs.

It seems to me that offset is as big as possible.

This set is going on AFOL shelves anyway, so who cares about a fancy gearbox and a book?

Everyone who reads this forum except you. But I'm not sure about the latter.

Awesome! Thanks for the picture.

This seems like the price of the middle wheels is going to go down.

It seems to me that offset if as big as possible:

Thanks for the picture. A couple of questions:

Does it have an axlehole at the inside?

How deep is the offset? 3 or 3.5 studs?

What is the inner diameter of the rim at the inside? 7 studs?

This picture implies that the steering rack will have only +/- 0.5 stud travel, meaning pretty poor turning radius.

Why are you saying that? I can't see the travel limitation (but I am a bit jetlagged, so maybe that's the reason :tongue: )

It seems to me that offset if as big as possible:

Thanks!

The middle one (22969) is 46mm wide, but with a deeper offset. The new rim appears to be equally wide.

And when looking at the inside of the new rim (first photo), my impression is that there is no axle hole at all (if there would be it should be visible between the 2 visible pin holes at the inside of the rim).

Edited by Didumos69

<picture of gearbox>

It looks like you also get 4 reverse gears :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :cry_sad: , so it is a 4D+N+4R gearbox instead of a 4D+N+R gearbox...

It really feels like looks were the toppriority and the rest trailed way, way after that :sad:

I wonder how stiff the chassis will be with all those beams with vertically oriented beams. My mechanical heart just cries out seeing so many beams placed like that. :sick:

I'll still buy it for sentimental reasons and the rims, but boy, this is such a missed chance...

Powerpuller/1:8 F1 wheel is still a bit wider.

Powerpuller/1:8 F1 wheel is still a bit wider.

Thanks for the images!

Could you show image number 4 too? That one shows the difference in width very clearly.

Edited by Didumos69

Sorry, I skipped it. I corrected my original post.

Thanks Cwetqo.

For everything that's wrong with the rest of the model, the wheels and tires look pretty sweet. Though for Jeroen Ottens, I do find it a pitty that there is no centre axle hole for his brake system.

Thanks Cwetqo.

For everything that's wrong with the rest of the model, the wheels and tires look pretty sweet. Though for Jeroen Ottens, I do find it a pitty that there is no centre axle hole for his brake system.

Yeah that is really a shame... I am afraid I have to ditch the brakes with these rims :cry_sad:

Hi all

The Porsche gearshift video from Autobild has not been posted here recently.

Here is the link:

After several downshifts, it seems that the one showing this demo cannot do downshift anymore but he can do more than 4 upshifts?

Can those with more experience with such system explains what happen?

It looked like he upshifted it about 7 times.. I am thinking that the fins from the driving ring and the clutch gear may have been been hitting each other on the downshift.. That happens sometimes when the parts are not moving.. Unless they have a failsafe stop in there somehow so you know when you reset it back to 1st gear.. Then again, you would think they would also do that to limit the upshifting after 4th gear..

Edited by Paul Boratko

It looked like he upshifted it about 7 times.. I am thinking that the fins from the driving ring and the clutch gear may have been been hitting each other on the downshift.. That happens sometimes when the parts are not moving.. Unless they have a failsafe stop in there somehow so you know when you reset it back to 1st gear.. Then again, you would think they would also do that to limit the upshifting after 4th gear..

Yeah, so either:

1. The one presenting the video made a mistake (forgot to put failsafe stop for 4th gear) so that downshifts can be down only until first gear and he apparently can do 7 upshifts...

Or...

2. Lego did not put any failsafe and the apparent failed downshifts are just some technicalities... that means gears can be changed like this 1->2->3->4->1 (hm??) ->2->3->4 (7 upshifts) and also we can do 4->3->2->1->4 (hm?) -> 3->2->1 ??

I prefer that it is no 1... :O

That would be the 4 speed linear transmission..

Exactly Paul, but real Porsche has 7 speed (If someone did not port this info yet)

Here's an image of the new wheel hub (from the official video).

One question - any Idea what steering angle would It have when wheels are driven?

Even if this hub has the same slack as the 42000 hubs, it is superior.
I wouldn't be so exited about new hub as those axle holes doesn't look good at all! I was hoping they reworked the connector at made it sturdier, but from the looks it is very similar to Axle Connector with Axle Hole which crack quite easily. Like any other existing connector with axle hole. The only hope they used different plastic which wouldn't cause the cracking issue. Edited by zux

I'm liking those wheel hubs. I was hoping to see the center axle hole, but the offset and internal diameter looks very good.

One question - any Idea what steering angle would It have when wheels are driven?

That would be the same as for the 11949 wheel hub, but the hub itself does not restrict the steering angle, at least not severely. When you apply drive, the integrated CV-joint will be the bottleneck. CV-joints don't support much steering angle either, which has been one of the reasons for me to leave the standard Lego wheel hubs for what they are. Here an image showing the max angle of the CV-joint (it won't even rotate smoothly under this angle).

800x333.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

When would the first PDF of the Porsche GT3RS surface so we can all read the building instructions...

When would the first PDF of the Porsche GT3RS surface so we can all read the building instructions...

don't know, but based on the pictures of auto-bild, serveral videos etc. i guess people could already reverse engineer it.

Exactly Paul, but real Porsche has 7 speed (If someone did not port this info yet)

I know.. :wink: It had been brought up several times throughout the 80+ pages.. :classic:

Edited by Paul Boratko

Is it a joke? New hubs, new wheels and max steering angle is worse than in a driven and steered axle using old hubs and wheels?

I think it's due to the fat tires and how low the car sit on the ground. I guess we'll know when Jim does the review later on.