That would be the 4 speed linear transmission..

Yes, I recognized it as A transmission, but without comment from the poster, is it...

The Porsche transmission?

or

Just some 4 speed transmission?

There is now descriptor from the original poster.

Thanks,

Andy D

Yes, I recognized it as A transmission, but without comment from the poster, is it...

The Porsche transmission?

or

Just some 4 speed transmission?

There is now descriptor from the original poster.

Thanks,

Andy D

I am assuming that it is the gearbox from the Porsche because it has the Porsche stickers on each side of where the shifter is going to go..

OK, didn't have the capacity to think that through (had a....interesting :wacko: day at work today)

In this underneath shot, you can get a glimpse of the other gears that connect the 16 tooth gears in the back..

3qzy2xW.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

13233122_10153676361400975_9193014183057551325_n.jpg?oh=9b5c4821eb309c2cbbd37e1148343343&oe=57A03569

This picture implies that the steering rack will have only +/- 0.5 stud travel, meaning pretty poor turning radius.

This picture implies that the steering rack will have only +/- 0.5 stud travel, meaning pretty poor turning radius.

... It also implies... A real color mess with all those yellow axles and colored pins/connectors...

I can understand the meaning for the red parts in the gear shifting mechanism, but really do not believe they used yellow axles, red pin-bushes, yellow connectors and orange small liftarms in an "Ultimate" model...

They could have easily used black/LBG parts to give a more "realistic" look... Or, at least, use different colors for the different mechanical "chains" (one color for gearshifting chain, another for steering chain, etc.), giving the model a much better look...

Just my 2 cts

Edited by Rikus

I noticed that the unique serial number on the dash isn't like #xxx001 for example but just a bunch of random characters to use as an online code. It would have been nice to have an actual numbered chassis.

13244872_10153676070915975_5087165435222523661_n.jpg?oh=68a319c0eff1a6c1ce1d9cf2001a4fd2&oe=57D6E58F

what if the pins are only used while assembly the car to allign the steering wheel and then removed? surely none will design a car with +/- 0.5 stud steering...

Edited by TheItalianBrick

I noticed that the unique serial number on the dash isn't like #xxx001 for example but just a bunch of random characters to use as an online code. It would have been nice to have an actual numbered chassis.
This number is to provide you with unique content on website, not to give a number of your chassis.

what if the pins are only used while assembly the car to allign the steering wheel and then removed? surely none will design a car with +/- 0.5 stud steering...

Of course. Just like you have to put liftarms on the steered axles on the 8258 or 42009 to keep them aligned. Then you remove them.

What's the point of having clutch gear inside all this? Making paddles shift gears, while keeping mode selector lever untouched?

It's there to prevent possible damge to the gears if 2 speeds get accidentally or temporarily engaged at the same time while rolling it.. And possibly if rolling in nuetral and engaing drive while in first gear..

Hmm.. Maybe that is as far as it can steer without the tires rubbing something..?

Of course. Just like you have to put liftarms on the steered axles on the 8258 or 42009 to keep them aligned. Then you remove them.

If that is the case, then why would they not have parts keeping the gear rack perfectly centered..? Why leave that little bit of space in there..?

Looking at the underneath shot, it appears that those perpendicular connectors are still there..

13087001_1700163060258448_1592154171003295884_o.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

Hmm.. Maybe that is as far as it can steering without the tires rubbing something..?

Looking at the underneath shot, it appears that those perpendicular connectors are still there..

I think you're right. These are the max steering angles shown in the official video:

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Is it a joke? New hubs, new wheels and max steering angle is worse than in a driven and steered axle using old hubs and wheels?

I think you're right. These are the max steering angles shown in the official video:

If this is the case(which it appears to be) it is most likely going to result in some complaints...

Is it a joke? New hubs, new wheels and max steering angle is worse than in a driven and steered axle using old hubs and wheels?

Oh no! I was going to use those new hubs, but with a smaller steering angle, I don't know...

Oh no! I was going to use those new hubs, but with a smaller steering angle, I don't know...

I think the hubs are fine and look to have same geometry as the older ones, it is just that Lego is limiting the steering radius to prevent the possibility of the tires rubbing..

Edited by Paul Boratko

I think the hubs are fine and look to have same geometry as the older ones, it is just that Lego is limiting the steering radius to prevent the possibility of the tires rubbing..

I was thinking the same. The new hubs have axle holes instead of ball joints, but I don't think the geometry differs from the old hubs. I don't know about the rims though. It would be nice if the hubs are inserted deeper into the rim than with existing rims. Does anybody know?

Interestingly, "center console hosting cardan" (not sure about its scientific name :) is built using both types of 3*11 curved panels.

I really hate to say it, but the more we are seeing of this set leading up to the release, the less "Ultimate" it is looking. :sceptic:

I was thinking the same. The new hubs have axle holes instead of ball joints, but I don't think the geometry differs from the old hubs. I don't know about the rims though. It would be nice if the hubs are inserted deeper into the rim than with existing rims. Does anybody know?

The offset n the wheels most definitely looks deeper.

Okay. It's fine if they still have the same geometry. Even if they didn't, I could find a way to use it.

The offset n the wheels most definitely looks deeper.

I think you're right. The suspension arms seem to be inserted much deeper than in the 15038-rims (by one stud if I'm not mistaken):

jeep7.jpg13087001_1700163060258448_1592154171003295884_o.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!

Hmm.. Maybe that is as far as it can steer without the tires rubbing something..?

I also think that you're right. In the underneath shot, you can see how close are the front black 3x5 liftarms to the wheels. That could explains the 0.5 stud travel. Let's wait for the detailed pics from Jim

It would be a bad thing, you know. If there are some complaints for the bad turning radius of 42048 (I remember Sariel stating that it turns like a bus :laugh:) I can't even imagine what AFOLs would say about Porsche. Anyway an Ultimate and expensive product shouldn't have any compromises like that.

We can see from this video that the engine is sadly not a boxer engine:

Looks like plenty of room for a mod however.

What is 'not boxer' about the engine?