I'm hopefully getting it at the beginning of July. Apart from a small £5 set, it'll be the first 'studless' technic set I've ever built.

Obviously I've used technic beams etc in mocs, but this will be something else entirely.

Remember to watch out the gears and do whatever instructions tell you to do. And the most important: be patient :wink: !

Just some advice for your first Technic set :wink: .

Since the box presentation is a key feature of this set, perhaps Jim can comment on packaging and outer packing used to protect the box, so we can determine if we should go to a LEGO store or risk mail order in order to purchase this.

Since the box presentation is a key feature of this set, perhaps Jim can comment on packaging and outer packing used to protect the box, so we can determine if we should go to a LEGO store or risk mail order in order to purchase this.

It BETTER be good packaging, because not everyone lives close to a Lego store. On second thought, if it gets to me damaged, I guess TLG will have to give me some store credit :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But I'd rather have a box in perfect shape.

When this set is released does anyone know if the panels will be sold separately in any other colors Looking forward to your review Jim? I second Kman860 about the box. I've got sets from Lego before and they always end up crushed or damaged, the worst ones were signed sets of the 42043 and 41999 exclusive ed.

When this set is released does anyone know if the panels will be sold separately in any other colors Looking forward to your review Jim? I second Kman860 about the box. I've got sets from Lego before and they always end up crushed or damaged, the worst ones were signed sets of the 42043 and 41999 exclusive ed.

I've never had problems with boxes being damaged before, tough i only ordered the Unimog a few years back. Depends on the post-service i guess. For me it was DHL.

It feels nice to have support :wink::laugh: I think of the many orders I've put in whit S@H, I've gotten 2-4 boxes damaged, but I think they were all Technic, I know for sure an 8293, maybe one or two more (can't remember).

Edited by Kman860

Really looking forward to a proper review to help me decide.

My 8043 and 8110 both came from S@H and they had damaged boxes too with quite a bit of shelf wear.

I'm itching to buy the set off the Lego store. My middle son who 10 said the box looks really cool and expensive so he said if I gave it to him he would carefully unbox it and then build it, then pull it apart, put it back in the box and mail it back to himself to experience it again to justify the price $600 Au. Couldn't help but laugh and then agree that it wasn't a bad idea, then laugh again..

I'm itching to buy the set off the Lego store. My middle son who 10 said the box looks really cool and expensive so he said if I gave it to him he would carefully unbox it and then build it, then pull it apart, put it back in the box and mail it back to himself to experience it again to justify the price $600 Au. Couldn't help but laugh and then agree that it wasn't a bad idea, then laugh again..

I might consider doing that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's a great idea - I'm moving the third week of June. I was going to wait to put this together until after the move, but I think I like your son's plan. Put it together, take it apart, and mail it to my new place so it gets there the same time I do. Like getting it twice!

New video from AutoBild.

For the none Germanspeaking:

1. They worked 7 hours on it
  2. The have to take a break now and don't know when they can resume the build (they have some appointments)
  3. In text it is stated that he did not build alone he had help

Seeing that video, I guess that the body isn't it's own separate module like we thought. Or is it?

Hm.. could be. But they've also posted a video of them applying the front bumper, which seems to be a seperated thing. Could be that for building purposes you have to apply them completely and once finished you can detach the body as a whole.

How about a description of the image in post #2025?

Andy D

How about a description of the image in post #2025?

Andy D

That would be the 4 speed linear transmission..

Edited by Paul Boratko

I only see 2 gears (both sides are the same gear).

It is basically working like this linear design only with more gears to make the connectivity..

wMihN0z.jpg

The Porsche is just a little more complex with more gears.. If you follow the ones on the Porsche gearbox, you'll see that it has 4 speeds...

So the gears near the bottom of the picture connect underneath then right?

So the gears near the bottom of the picture connect underneath then right?

They are going to.. It doesn't look like that part hasn't been built yet.. The 16 tooth gears on the bottom are both on separate axles(4L with stop) from the ones on top.. I had to do this same thing one time in the model I showed up above to make it work..

Edited by Paul Boratko

They are going to.. That part hasn't been built yet..

OK, didn't have the capacity to think that through (had a....interesting :wacko: day at work today)

Edited by Kman860