Hi Jim,

first, i like all of your reviews, they are made both with passion and professiknalism, So please dont be too offended.

But seriously, you dont have the need to advertise your upcomming review with a frontpage post. Post it these when its done.

I really dislike WIP MOCs for example, just compare it with other MOCers that just posted their work - when its done. Its dosent grant you a "first" if you have "nothing" announced. The internet is for content, conetnt is kind, addvertisements are not.

As much as im looking forward to "a" revoew of that set and as much as im looking forward for "your" review of it, i dont like seeing frontpage "adds". Does that make any sense? Especially you (as honored member and mod) dont have the need for that,

Dino

Hi Jim,

first, i like all of your reviews, they are made both with passion and professiknalism, So please dont be too offended.

But seriously, you dont have the need to advertise your upcomming review with a frontpage post. Post it these when its done.

I really dislike WIP MOCs for example, just compare it with other MOCers that just posted their work - when its done. Its dosent grant you a "first" if you have "nothing" announced. The internet is for content, conetnt is kind, addvertisements are not.

As much as im looking forward to "a" revoew of that set and as much as im looking forward for "your" review of it, i dont like seeing frontpage "adds". Does that make any sense? Especially you (as honored member and mod) dont have the need for that,

Dino

Hi Dino,

Thanks for the compliment. As for the announcement; I understand your sentiment, but let's agree to disagree :wink:

(we can discuss this elsewhere if you like)

Normally I let other staffers post stuff like this (to avoid looking overly narcissistic), but I figured I could get away with this :tongue:

I'm looking forward to the review for this one. Mainly though, i'm looking forward to August when they are all out and we can see what everyone mocs up.

H

I kind of agree. It seems a bit sensationalist and out of character with Eurobricks? But now that I know the date I'm looking forward to it :)

I'm hopefully getting it at the beginning of July. Apart from a small £5 set, it'll be the first 'studless' technic set I've ever built.

Obviously I've used technic beams etc in mocs, but this will be something else entirely.

That means Jim has it already! Ask him all the questions :sarcasm_smug:!

This is called jumping to conclusions :tongue:

This is called jumping to conclusions :tongue:

but you didn't deny it ...lol..

Dino

I am not sure about other sub-forums.... But in the Technic sub-forum WIP topics really are for generating opinions or trying to solve technical problems. They really do have a function other than just "advertising"

The date on my computer says 16-May ... Thanks to Jim, the coming two weeks will be the longest ever :grin: .

Here is an idea, why don't you put a count-down on the front-page?

Edited by DrJB

Of course the question is, what things would you like Jim to address in his review? For me my questions are:

What makes this set carry the 16+ symbol? It isn't the largest or the most complex set to date, so why the 16+ age thing?

What size of construction can fit inside the new wheels for when making custom steering and suspension geometries? 5x3? 7x3? 7x5? How deep are they?

I would also like to ask how mechanically authentic it is, but I can tell that for myself from the pictures and besides, Jim can't go pointing out too many negative aspects or they'll stop sending him free sets! :devil::laugh:

Edited by allanp

i would also ask how mechanically authentic it is, but i can tell that for myself and besides, Jim can't go pointing out too many negative aspects or they'll stop sending him free sets! :devil::laugh:

Well, most of the time I'm not overly critical, since at the end of the day, LEGO is still a toy. Creating a MOC is different than releasing a set. But being a bit more critical with this set wouldn't hurt, since it's considered "the Ultimate".

I seriously don't have the set yet by the way. Hopefully before next weekend, otherwise time will be very short. Or maybe something went wrong and I don't get the set at all. That would make my frontpage ad even more questionable :tongue:

Of course the question is, what things would you like Jim to address in his review?

Feel free to ask, no promises.

What makes this set carry the 16+ symbol? It isn't the largest or the most complex set to date, so why the 16+ age thing?

Interesting question. Why is this set 16+ and the Merc isn't?

What size of construction can fit inside the new wheels for when making custom steering and suspension geometries? 5x3? 7x3? 7x5? How deep are they?

More people are interested in this :wink:

I would also like to ask how mechanically authentic it is, but I can tell that for myself from the pictures and besides, Jim can't go pointing out too many negative aspects or they'll stop sending him free sets! :devil::laugh:

Unless there's a big surprise, I wonder why there isn't any rear wheel steering. That does seem like a very characteristic/significant property for this car.

Unless there's a big surprise, I wonder why there isn't any rear wheel steering. That does seem like a very characteristic/significant property for this car.

yes, this would be my main question: could there be enough room for adding RWS?

I'm hopping for a somehow real "Ultimate 42056" (in the sense of Juergens Ultimate MODs/MOCs) or GT3 RS by one of the incredible talented supercar-MOCer out there...

Edited by Kumbbl

Has anyone informations about a B model?

No B Model . At least not that we know of. It is not even posted on Lego.com, which they pretty much almost always do....

Well, most of the time I'm not overly critical, since at the end of the day, LEGO is still a toy. Creating a MOC is different than releasing a set. But being a bit more critical with this set wouldn't hurt, since it's considered "the Ultimate".

I seriously don't have the set yet by the way. Hopefully before next weekend, otherwise time will be very short. Or maybe something went wrong and I don't get the set at all. That would make my frontpage ad even more questionable :tongue:

Wait, does that mean that the image from the front page was just identical parts gathered from your collection? Or is the pic of the pile of parts from somewhere/someone else? :wacko:

Hi Dino,

Thanks for the compliment. As for the announcement; I understand your sentiment, but let's agree to disagree :wink:

(we can discuss this elsewhere if you like)

Normally I let other staffers post stuff like this (to avoid looking overly narcissistic), but I figured I could get away with this :tongue:

Personally, I like having something to look forward too :sweet:

Perhaps a question that Jim could look into for his review: Besides rear wheel steering missing, I wonder if there would be space for a Sheepo style brake mechanism at the rear. At the front there seems to be plenty of space with the massive gap behind the front wheels, but I am unsure if there could have been brakes at the rear. Perhaps the gearbox could have been located more to the front of the car to make room for brakes at the rear, but this would need a hands-on look to know for sure I think.

If it's not possible, it could explain why the model completely lacks brakes.

Wait, does that mean that the image from the front page was just identical parts gathered from your collection? Or is the pic of the pile of parts from somewhere/someone else? :wacko:

Parts from my collection. I actually searched for a 7L orange lift arm, but the official promo image has an orange 9L :tongue:

I think this set could be a great one for modding. Since all Porsches have the same overall look, it could be easy to change this to a different one, e.g. the Targa.

Another idea: since it's built in modules, could it, like 8448, be an easy car to build your own body on top of?

So the question for Jim: does the transmission have an output that could be sent to the front easily, like 8448's? (I always enjoy reading your reviews, by the way.)