That's unexpected. Wonder if he will post more videos of the build etc.

In Sariel's Video he said, he can't post the video before 1st june. LEGO not allowed it.

Are they (AutoBild) allowed to post it?

As a reviewer this is obviously somewhat disappointing. On the other hand; I have had an exclusive two week period with the Volvo two years ago, so the knife cuts both ways.

I feel very confident that Sariel's video review will be much better than this one!

In Sariel's Video he said, he can't post the video before 1st june. LEGO not allowed it.

Are they (AutoBild) allowed to post it?

June 1st is the review embargo, but I am confident that AutoBild are allowed to post this video.

I thought that the boxes are more exclusive, but they are only filled with bags.

I will wait till August to buy one with discount.

I thought that the boxes are more exclusive, but they are only filled with bags.

I will wait till August to buy one with discount.

The outer box is more in exlusive in the sense that it's like the 41999, with an actual lid. The inner boxes are simply containers for the bags. That's not a really a surprise, is it?

The outer box is more in exlusive in the sense that it's like the 41999, with an actual lid. The inner boxes are simply containers for the bags. That's not a really a surprise, is it?

I thought there could be something like in the Set 8366. There was a box with the Remote-Elements and some parts in a specialy mad plastic container.

850 Steps in the Instruction are a lot, but we haven't seen the Instructions of the Bucket-Whell-Excavator yet.

Edited by hsky

I don't know if he pulled material out, but it looked like there was space between the set box and the shipping box in the video. From the sound it made as he pulled it out, I think TLG is using HDPE foam on the corners to protect/center it in the shipping carton.

I don't know if he pulled material out, but it looked like there was space between the set box and the shipping box in the video. From the sound it made as he pulled it out, I think TLG is using HDPE foam on the corners to protect/center it in the shipping carton.

I'd expect that from them if they make such a fuss about the box.

I wish all the e-tailers would also respect the box the same way. I doubt it, though.

Edited by Beard

This probably won't help you, but at least I tried :laugh:

I actually found this helpful, thanks . I know that it is a personal decision and for me personally, I haven't had a big flagship set for more than 9 years! Therefore I don't know if I can hold off for that long waiting for a good deal to crop up - I'm very eager to get building again. I think it will be easier to make a decision after Sariel's review comes out.

As a packaging designer I have to disappoint You: it is just a wrap-around box, which will although probably serve well... on the other hand, at least there is a chance to pick-up some "B-Ware" (injured packaging) for much lower price. Than maybe I will also consider to buy a copy (50% off). :classic:

As the guy from AutoBild doesn't name a date, I am curious when will they release the assembly video. While I understand the marketing point of this, I will be dissapointed if sooner as 1. June, because it would be very unfair with the other reviewers. And yes, it can be definied as a review, even if it will be not going in that depth as Sariel and Jim usually do, but for that (new) market there is also no need for detailing a new pin. :classic: Let's wait and see, for me it is way overhyped...

Edited by agrof

I know at this point theres not a lot not known about this thing, and it's probably not that usefull information, but the lego youtube channel has been pretty good about answering questions about this, just in case anyone wanted to try that. Just thought I'd mention it

Sariel's gonna destroy them for not protecting the stickers xD

(sorry for quoting the video just remembered I'm not supposed to do that and I don't know how to fix it sorryyyy)

I was looking forward to maybe getting this sometime soon. Uuuuuuuntil I saw the Shop@Home price for this on the Lego Store website.

$500 AU.

Now I'm doing the sad banana dance. Sorry Lego, I'ma have to skip this one, unless its on offer somewhere for half the price.

I know the pain, but $250 probably wont happen anywhere even used, id settle for $350-400 at best.

I understand that I may be the minority here, but just a quick observation after watching the auto bild youtube vid. is that there looks like there is quite a bit of information about the actual car, perhaps its history and even antecedents (side of box, inside). I love this. I think it is really cool. Even if ai pay a little more for this. I understand that one can just google all this information, but I think it is nice to just have right there in front of you. Many techy, or engineering fols might even have all this information memorized, but I think the majority of us do not, so to have it there at our fingertips is really really nice.

I bought a very large, expensive die cast model of liebherr 11200 9.1 mobile crane last year and did a review of it.

14475039221_DISPLAY.jpg

Although the crane was packaged immaculately, I made one observation in my review, and that was I really wished NZG (maker of the model) would have included some information of the crane. There essentially was none. and such information would have been incredibly important because all the different configurations of the crane resembled those of the real crane. In fact, to learn the configurations I actually had to obtain a copy of the owner's manual FROM THE REAL CRANE. I really wished some information of the crane would have been included. I even, in my review, used the AROCS as an example. Even though there is not much, even the ARCOS has a little information on the box of the real thing. I am really really glad that for the Porsche there is a bunch of information.

I agree! I love reading details from a physical book and it is a great that LEGO/Porsche seemingly went all out in this department. Seeing that the 911 has been in production for over fifty years I really hope we get some of that history in the book.

Regardless of price, what a great set this is! Will be a day-one purchase for me. I've X-marked 2 June 2016 and 3 June 2016 already for building. As an AFOL back to the past in continuous building :D

It will be my back from the dark-age set :grin:.

You will probably not be alone! Great set to end your dark ages :sweet:

This is unlikely, but what if the special code each set comes with is a password to buy a parts pack to make the Porsche a different color? Maybe it would be free, which could justify the price of this set.

This is unlikely, but what if the special code each set comes with is a password to buy a parts pack to make the Porsche a different color? Maybe it would be free, which could justify the price of this set.

That would never happen, the extra cost in this set is going towards that booklet and a license fee. That also wouldn't be viable even without those 2 factors once you factor in all the shipping.

That would never happen, the extra cost in this set is going towards that booklet and a license fee. That also wouldn't be viable even without those 2 factors once you factor in all the shipping.

True, it won't happen, but it would still be cool if they ever did do something like that. I wonder what the code will unlock. It could be more info on the real car, but it probably won't because it is all in the instructions.

IMO it would be really unviable to give extra parts for this set. Instead they could give a set of sticker sheets based on different racing liveries.