I actually think that's rather on point. If we're to give critique of this set, we also have to point out what could have been better/different. Don't you agree?

I'm definitely in favor of discussing the Technic side (of this Porsche). I meant avoiding TLG could have done a Porsche model x, which leads to "or a Ferrari" etc. So discussion okay, but let's keep the focus on this model Porsche. Maybe my comment was a bit ambiguous.

Oh, sorry! I saw it on Reddit and thought it was new. :tongue: That guy was late, then.

Edited by CM4Sci

After seeing some GT3s in action at Spa this weekend im getting more and more tempted by this kit

Im a bit peeved by the fact that we dutchmen get to pay an extra 10% over other european countries though, €330 instead of €300 for the germans for instance, ill be buying it at or below €300 if i decide to go for it, ill gladly take a trip to germany/belgium for it.

After seeing some GT3s in action at Spa this weekend im getting more and more tempted by this kit

Im a bit peeved by the fact that we dutchmen get to pay an extra 10% over other european countries though, €330 instead of €300 for the germans for instance, ill be buying it at or below €300 if i decide to go for it, ill gladly take a trip to germany/belgium for it.

FYI it's also 329 in Belgium.

I had a brand new gt3 in lava orange in front of me on a german autobahn, while driving an i8 myself. great color, incredible engine sound when he changed down 2 gears after the car in front of him gave way. (thumbs up for the i8, he barely got away from me, and there are 140 HP between ;) )

back to topic, will be an great display model in the same color as my orange 69 dodge. but the price :(

shop.lego.com shows 349€ for me, and I am in germany?!

After seeing some GT3s in action at Spa this weekend im getting more and more tempted by this kitIm a bit peeved by the fact that we dutchmen get to pay an extra 10% over other european countries though, €330 instead of €300 for the germans for instance, ill be buying it at or below €300 if i decide to go for it, ill gladly take a trip to germany/belgium for it.

Well, the price is not bad if you compare it with prices of 'official' Lego Store in Colombia, where 42043 costs 440USD and 42048 70USD. :angry:. I have a feeling that the Porsche will cost 600USD here :thumbdown:

Edited by Jonfensu

I'm amazed there's an offical LEGO store in Colombia :wink: We only got one Denmark a few years ago ..

shop.lego.com shows 349€ for me, and I am in germany?!

Are java-scripts enabled in your browser?

I'm amazed there's an offical LEGO store in Colombia :wink: We only got one Denmark a few years ago ..

It's not "officai" (run from LBR), but most likely "LEGO Certified store", same as in Italy, Hungary etc...

Will this be available in actual Lego stores on June 1st? This may have been answered but I can't find it. The only thing I can see is that it is available on Shop@Home on June 1st, and in stores on July 1st. I am moving in early June and am not sure it would arrive through the mail before I move if I order it through S@H.

...will initially be available at shop.LEGO.com from June 1st, 2016, as well as in the 13 LEGO stores throughout Germany and Austria. It will be available in other stores from August 1st, 2016.

@Jim, when will you update the first post?

Done

...will initially be available at shop.LEGO.com from June 1st, 2016, as well as in the 13 LEGO stores throughout Germany and Austria. It will be available in other stores from August 1st, 2016.

So not in stores in the US. Ok, thanks!

So how do you get this:

"So not in stores in the US. Ok, thanks!"

from this:

"will initially be available at shop.LEGO.com from June 1st, 2016, as well as in the 13 LEGO stores throughout Germany and Austria. It will be available in other stores from August 1st, 2016."

when it clearly says this:

"It will be available in other stores from August 1st, 2016."

He was talking about the 1st of June.

What time do sets usually first show up on shop.lego.com?

This. How late do I have to stay up pressing F5 until the 'buy' button is activated?

You could create a little script that inspects the DOM of the page at 5s intervals and sets off a very loud alarm when it shows :grin: