I have to admit that this edited color looks awesome on this car, but they're basically lying when they claim that this is the color of the model. I don't get it.

maybe It could be in lava orange, that could be reasoning why the price is so high, lego has to go through the process of making new color for the parts. If someone wants to replicate the color of the actual car, I think you could airbrush authentic color pant onto all of the panels.

maybe It could be in lava orange, that could be reasoning why the price is so high, lego has to go through the process of making new color for the parts. If someone wants to replicate the color of the actual car, I think you could airbrush authentic color pant onto all of the panels.

I honestly cannot see Lego doing all of their official press release and videos using a model that was not finalized.. Especially with the release only one month away..

I honestly cannot see Lego doing all of their official press release and videos using a model that was not finalized.. Especially with the release only one month away..

I agree. Coming from a similar buisness... the thing is finished. It's getting rolled out and saved up at their factories atm.

The Video maybe was made a few days before it was released, so maybe they haven't had finished their box-art. But they most likely have finished it by the day the video was released.

Edited by AlphaX

Here's a size comparison with 8880, 8448, and 8070. I did my best to fix the perspective projection on the box with Gimp.

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct, but I scaled them by the pin holes.

26603467491_752703a26e_c.jpgLego Supercars by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

I guess the new wheel hubs will be available at S@H, but what about the wheels? Those are exclusive to this set so, any chance?

maybe It could be in lava orange
Press release said model is Bright Orange, which is just Orange according to BL colour naming.

After 60 something pages I just have one question. Will this be the highest number of pages in the instructions of any Lego set? My gut feel is yes.

I have a silly question: Is the black version still available? Are there some color's variants?

Edited by Rygar

After seeing the final product a few days ago I was very excited about this. I love exotic/sports cars and LEGO Technic, so this should be a holy grail set but after thinking about it I'm not so sure. The price was expected since it is a licensed Porsche product but the value for money really doesn't seem to be there in my opinion. Nothing about this set truly takes Technic to a new level and I feel like we've already seen all it has to offer from the Designer video, unfortunately.

- For $300 this car should have all printed pieces, no excuses. I can't wait to see the Porsche badges on the hood, rear cover and brake calipers peeling off after a few years.

- No rear-wheel steering? This is a well known feature of the GT3 RS and something that could have been really fun to build and see in action.

- I like the color as a LEGO set in general but if the objective was to make it as close to the real thing as possible(which it was) well obviously they failed. The LEGO red looks closer to Lava Orange.

Man this set looks great. I think orange is a great choice.

A bit expensive though.

Some questions about the new wheelhub:

- Can it be driven?

- Is it more at the center of the wheel?

Building this will be a real pleasure. Looking forward to it.

After 60 something pages I just have one question. Will this be the highest number of pages in the instructions of any Lego set? My gut feel is yes.

i don't know about the BWE with a staggering 3900 pieces. but this is off-topic

A must buy. Hoping for a quality RC mod, though.

All the PF functions should fit in nicely, because the car is huuge! :O

I'm just hoping that this wheel and tire combo doesn't become ridiculously priced on Bricklink like the silver champion wheels

Why does it look like front and rear wheels are the same diameter?

Someone keen to make a "rear" caliper sticker?

Bring black the black and camo colourscheme, it looks like someone sat on a unimog.

Porsche really signed off on this thing?

Looks great, and has good functions. But for 300 euro's it's not for me. Going to love my 8880 and 8448 even more. There are better options for me for less money, Claas & Volvo together... :wink:

Edited by Bering

I improved the side by side comparison a little.

Now there a re a lot of reference lines to compare the real stuff with the Lego car.

26648640796_896c55e873_t.jpg

Edited by tripletschiee

Can anyone tell if the wheels have a center axle hole? Or can these wheels only be installed with a three pin hub mounting?

I improved the side by side comparison a little.

Now there a re a lot of reference lines to compare the real stuff with the Lego car.

26648640796_896c55e873_t.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the roof should've been a little longer on the Lego model?

No, I agree. A little longer, and the rear deck should be a little higher as well. Also, as other have said, it looks a little too low to the ground.

I've confirmed the New Zealand (NZ) rrp is $600...

It genuinely might be the first flagship technic set I don't pick up for some time!

which is a real shame as technic is my go to Lego theme... I do like the look and size of the model... but Mindstorms and GBHQ are this price!

Sticker sheets for porsche specific elements are also concerning as those stickers do not last too long at all (I have several technic sets where the stickers are coming unstuck and literally crumbling).

I get what they're trying to do with the value add - and maybe this is the only way they see doing a UCS style of technics...

But as a long time fan of the technic line - what I want most from my technic sets are style, authenticity, and perhaps most importantly functionality! (it seems to manage 1 and a half of these features judging by the designer video)

What I don't care about as a technic fan

• a book about Porsche - I can go to any book store and buy one of those and stick it on my coffee table (heck I could probably grab one from my parents that is collecting dust)
  • An expensive box (apple already have me covered)
  • Packaging which doesn't even compete with the old school technic packaging they did once upon a time (heck I landed a MISB of 8880 for less than this set costs?!)

Ok rant over for now :wacko: ... after all sooner or later I'm probably going to crumble and hand Lego a blank cheque (particularly if I see the thing in the flesh, I bet it looks huge compared to the other technic cars.... but why of why couldn't they have teamed with Sheepo?!?).

Mother of panels! I got something like 84 pieces. There's probably more.